Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which ATG doesn't have any controversial decision win(s)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C-ORTIZ View Post
    Some will say Strum. Others will say Quartey although I believe Oscar clearly won when he nearly stopped the bur-head in the 12th round.
    There are also many who thought Whitaker beat him too. I had Oscar by a point, but the thread title says "controversial" and that qualifies.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      There are also many who thought Whitaker beat him too. I had Oscar by a point, but the thread title says "controversial" and that qualifies.
      pernell found himself on the wrong side of few questionable node's

Comment

Yeah apparently Jones' last fight, which he won by SD, some thought Pawel Glazewski should've got that decision.

Comment

Maybe it qualifies, but I wasn't impressed with Whitaker's shuck and jive jungle boogie moves. I know a lot of people are impressed by that crap, but I'm not one of them. I never liked Whitaker because he always acted like a clown. If I was a judge I wouldn't reward a fighter for that. The judges in the Whitaker-Chavez fight had it right as they did for Oscar-Whitaker due to the clowning.

I must assume you are easily impressed if you had by only a point.

Comment

Maybe it qualifies, but I wasn't impressed with Whitaker's shuck and jive jungle boogie moves. I know a lot of people are impressed by that crap, but I'm not one of them. I never liked Whitaker because he always acted like a clown. If I was a judge I wouldn't reward a fighter for that. The judges in the Whitaker-Chavez fight had it right as they did for Oscar-Whitaker due to the clowning.

I must assume you are easily impressed if you had by only a point.

You can assume that I wasn't very impressed when you claimed that Whitaker-Chavez was the right decision. Gives you no credibility with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiaoifyable View Post
              I have to apologise for this, I can't even remember posting that and I'm not sure what I even meant by that post.

To clarify what I really think, the only one of the three I thought got a 'gift' was Floyd. I thought Floyd's win over Castillo first time round was very controversial. I had Calzaghe beating Hopkins and Jones beating Tarver the first time, though (assuming that's the fight I was talking about in my original post).
              Forgiven. My feeling with Floyd-Castillo is that Floyd won the first half of the by a very large margin, taking a lot of steam off the argument that Castillo could've gotten the decision fairly. I think Floyd was the rightful winner.

Comment

You can assume that I wasn't very impressed when you claimed that Whitaker-Chavez was the right decision. Gives you no credibility with me.
                I suppose it's a matter of taste. Chavez came to fight. Whitaker looked like he was prepping to run and chuck spears. To each his own. As I said before, you must be easily impressed.

Comment

I suppose it's a matter of taste. Chavez came to fight. Whitaker looked like he was prepping to run and chuck spears. To each his own. As I said before, you must be easily impressed.
                  Johnny Rebel's back in town.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
                    Forgiven. My feeling with Floyd-Castillo is that Floyd won the first half of the by a very large margin, taking a lot of steam off the argument that Castillo could've gotten the decision fairly. I think Floyd was the rightful winner.
                    Yeah, it was quite a close fight, hence why I used the word gift in inverted commas. I don't think anyone had the fight to Castillo or Mayweather by a huge margin, so it doesn't really fit into the theme of this thread.

Comment

That was a terrible decision. Sturm was robbed.
                      Most definitely. Terrible corruption and bias.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_DY3VSDpJo

From the first round Sturm started tagging and outboxing DLH

Comment

Working...
                      X