Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which ATG doesn't have any controversial decision win(s)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
    I was debating somebody earlier when he did the usual discrediting due to some 'gift decisions' some ATG's had so I told him that the vast majority of greats have atleast one fight that was very close and could have gone either way. So my question is which ATG's did not really have a single questionable points victory?
    Oscar. Marciano. Charles. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by CHEECH View Post
      I heard Marciano mighta got a pass on lastarza in their first fight. then I remember foreman getting a pass on either ellis or shulz but that was very near the end of the line for him. I was thinkin pernell whitaker but then theres the first mgirt fight so i'll go with marvin haggler on this one
      Good choice, but you only have to check out the thread on his fight with SRL to see the controversy.. Deluded, i know, but some people are still saying that Hagler should have won..

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        Oscar. Marciano. Charles. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        You can't possibly be talking about Oscar De La Hoya.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
          I maybe wrong but I will say Rocky he usually knocked people.
          Yeah but a lot of people believed he didn't deserve the decision in the first Lastarza fight. That's why he defended the title against him and knocked him out, to prove it was no fluke and that he was the better fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            Wasn't the Sturm fight controversial for Oscar? Haven't watched it in years.

Comment

Muhammad Ali (jk).

No one really springs to mind, want to say Gene Tunney, but there were some controversy regarding the long count etc. but it depends on how you define controversy, because he deserved his win. The first Harry Greb was win controversial though.

George Foreman as Marciano are good shouts, mainly because they knocked everyone out. But there were a few as someone mentioned.

And I saw someone mention Floyd and Calzaghe. Not going to lie, I chuckled.
              Last edited by LacedUp; 08-06-2013, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                That was a terrible decision. Sturm was robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
                  Jones' controversial decision was what? Pavel? I stopped watching him years ago.
                  I have to apologise for this, I can't even remember posting that and I'm not sure what I even meant by that post.

To clarify what I really think, the only one of the three I thought got a 'gift' was Floyd. I thought Floyd's win over Castillo first time round was very controversial. I had Calzaghe beating Hopkins and Jones beating Tarver the first time, though (assuming that's the fight I was talking about in my original post).

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    how about his fight against sturm?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                      Some will say Strum. Others will say Quartey although I believe Oscar clearly won when he nearly stopped the bur-head in the 12th round.

Comment

Working...
                      X