No announcement yet.

Joe Louis vs Rid**** Bowe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post
    If 'angles' are at issue - does this mean that fighters today are in a different (superior position) foot placement when they deliver a blow, then they were 70 years ago?

That would seem to be a very obvious adjustment that we would all notice.

But a left hook by SRR looks as sophisticated as amything I have seen Canelo throw.

So how exactly does 'giving angles' work?

Is this just a ****** way (i.e. more sophisticated sounding way) of just saying better footwork?
    Punching only isnt how that works angles is moving the body while punching or blocking
    srr compared to joe and his era and others before joes era shows a big difference does it not? So your example is ******

and canelo has more angles and is more polished then srr and his whole era

srr is way more polished and punches from way more angles then joe did matter of fact srr being how he was would destroy people in joes era better then joe

Remember bill he was more advanced then jie used more angles and wasnt that stiff he only lost cause stop moving alot is that not what happened
    Last edited by Ascended; 06-20-2022, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moneytheman View Post

Stop trolling you crazy idiot saying lies like not evolved when it has way more and other sports have so your a liar to add being crazy and a idiot and I wont name the many boxers way more advanced then joe cause I exposed that many times to you crazy idiots
      Lol. You're allright in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

Weird that Bowe's famous only for the trilogy with a Louis sized guy who couldn't do a single, solitary thing as well as Louis could. Boxing isn't Football, and it hasn't evolved one iota since World War I in technique. It's not a foward building science. It's more like...oil painting. An art.
        Just end the debate right here. This was a one punch knockout, this post.
        them_apples them_apples likes this.

Comment

Punching only isnt how that works angles is moving the body while punching or blocking
          srr compared to joe and his era and others before joes era shows a big difference does it not? So your example is ******

and canelo has more angles and is more polished then srr and his whole era

srr is way more polished and punches from way more angles then joe did matter of fact srr being how he was would destroy people in joes era better then joe

Remember bill he was more advanced then jie used more angles and wasnt that stiff he only lost cause stop moving alot is that not what happened
          Louis and Robinsons eras overlapped. That were champions at the same time. So do tell how boxing advanced so much in those years that Robinson would beat Joe's comp?

And Canelo could t carry Ray's spit bucket in terms of technique. Facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

Weird that Bowe's famous only for the trilogy with a Louis sized guy who couldn't do a single, solitary thing as well as Louis could. Boxing isn't Football, and it hasn't evolved one iota since World War I in technique. It's not a foward building science. It's more like...oil painting. An art.
            Its funny you mention art too, and the argument could certainly be made that artists, even in the traditional sense are no better today than yesterday, if anything they are inferior in some aspects. And this stems from a similar situation as boxing. It used to be the biggest thing going in society. It had a magnifying glass put on it. Before photography a famous artist was a national treasure. The best artists were the most talented brains pursuing a great reward. Likewise with boxing, a lot of attention was being paid to boxing years ago.

things can regress, they don’t automatically improve.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Louis and Robinsons eras overlapped. That were champions at the same time. So do tell how boxing advanced so much in those years that Robinson would beat Joe's comp?

And Canelo could t carry Ray's spit bucket in terms of technique. Facts.
              Easy cause like I said srr was more advanced its on video like always and canelo is more advanced but we know you cant see good so it doesn't matter what you can't see I can see and can see canelo is more advanced others can see that to

Ali copied srr style not joes should say something there ali even said how trash joe movement was you know like i always said it was wasnt a lie
              Last edited by Ascended; 06-21-2022, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

Its funny you mention art too, and the argument could certainly be made that artists, even in the traditional sense are no better today than yesterday, if anything they are inferior in some aspects. And this stems from a similar situation as boxing. It used to be the biggest thing going in society. It had a magnifying glass put on it. Before photography a famous artist was a national treasure. The best artists were the most talented brains pursuing a great reward. Likewise with boxing, a lot of attention was being paid to boxing years ago.

things can regress, they don’t automatically improve.
                Precisely. Getting a meal together 75, 100, 150 years ago vs. The drive up window? Separate from and in addition to the many aspects of the lost art that ALL OLD TRAINERS have spoken about, are the changes (reductions) in "lifestyle toughness", which is separate from (but adjacent to) conditioning and gains in fitness protocol.
                JAB5239 JAB5239 likes this.

Comment

Easy cause like I said srr was more advanced its on video like always and canelo is more advanced but we know you cant see good so it doesn't matter what you can't see I can see and can see canelo is more advanced others can see that to

Ali copied srr style not joes should say something there ali even said how trash joe movement was you know like i always said it was wasnt a lie
                  How could he be more advanced when they were pretty much from the same era? It makes no sense, because there was not enough time for the boxing evolutionary process to take place.

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
                    Havent seen a fantasy fight up in here for a while, so who wins his mouthwatering contest. Would Bowe be too big fr Louis? or would his leaky defense lead to his downfall?
                    Any list that has Marciano, also Ali at @1 instead of Joe Louis, and with NO Jack Johnson, isn't worth a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post

Any list that has Marciano, also Ali at @1 instead of Joe Louis, and with NO Jack Johnson, isn't worth a thing.
                      No list is "worth a thing."

Comment

Working...
                      X