Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

History Section: Your Take On The Whole Pacquiao/Mayweather Saga?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I think his point was that if you thought you could win than there is no reason to make an issue in the first place.....just make the fight.
    The same applies for accepting them.

I mean, it's nothing. It's a blood test, it's really nothing.

And the same applies for Pacquaio's weight penalty, does it not?

"Don't make an issue, just make the fight" Right?

Comment

When Floyd watches what he believes is a roided-up Manny fighting Mosley, Margarito, Cotto, etc......does he think that fighter can beat him? I seriously, seriously doubt it. Manny being on roids (not saying he is) still doesn't make him capable of beating or seriously injuring Floyd. So, Floyd shoud take the fight, beat him, and put a huge feather in his cap for deafeating the "super" P.E.D. fighter

Comment

If floyd geuinely wanted too fight pac then it would have happened by now,its become clear the whole PEDs thing is just a smokescreen,the fight will never happen,and its a shame

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          I'd have no problem if Floyd rejected that silly weight clause. It was obviously a negotiating ploy. You would hope Commissioner Floyd's testing demands were too. It was unprecedented in the history of boxing, and since then has only happened in Mayweather fights. Pacquiao did agree to a modified limit for random blood testing, which he certainly didn't have to. And when they negotiated a second time, Pacquaio was even more acquiescent. But Floyd wasn't willing to do what it took to get it down.

Maybe I'm old school this way, but like I said before, if you think you can beat him, fight him. There is no doubt the money will be there for both of them. As a fan, I hope that Manny does what he has to so this gets done. But I can certainly understand how the most popular boxer in the world doesn't want to be dictated to and is concerned about having blood drawn too close to his biggest fight.
          Why didn't he have to? Just do it. If that what it takes.

What did he agree to? 24 days when they were asking for 14? Why would you do that?

He didn't agree to the testing being asked for which is the point.

In late 09 when they were in negotiations it was undoubtedly and obviously Pacquaio's fault to why the fight didn't happen.

Maybe I'm old school in the sense that you should do anything to get the fight you want done. You got demands? **** it, I'll do whatever to get you in the ring so I can get my hands on you.

It works both ways.

I can't understand that;

1. He's not the biggest draw in this fight
          2. It's literally not a big issue at all having your blood taken.

As a fan, I agree, I hope Pac does what he has to do to get this fight done because it's not a big eal taking some extra testing and it ultimately is better for the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
            If floyd geuinely wanted too fight pac then it would have happened by now,its become clear the whole PEDs thing is just a smokescreen,the fight will never happen,and its a shame
            Doesn't the same logic apply to Pacquaio for not accepting them?

And if it's such a bluff, then why not call it?

Comment

IMO.....this is all between Mayweather and ARUM.

Neither one wants to concede to the other. If Arum (not Manny) agrees to the drug testing, then Floyd has "won". If Floyd agrees to let it slide, then he has let (in his mind) Arum dictate things.

Ultimately, Arum does not want to give it all up to Floyd. He knows if Floyd beats Manny, then a big chunk of Manny's value goes down and Floyd's goes up. Arum cannot live with that.

Comment

I'd have no problem if Floyd rejected that silly weight clause.
                Why would you have no problem with that? I don't understand that.

If he didn't accept that demand, and the fight in result didn't happen, it would be over something so stupid.

Can he make weight? Yes, so why on Earth wouldn't he accept it?

Same logic applies to Pacquaio agreeing to simple testing.

If it's the reason the fight doesn't happen then just do it.

The weight penalties were a joke. If they were the actual reason the fight didn't happen Pacquiao would be scorned. The only place you ever read about this alleged penalty is on boxing message boards..
                That's not true at all.

The 'alleged weight penalty' was well documented and was a demand made by Team Pacquio that was accepted with no bother by Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Doesn't the same logic apply to Pacquaio for not accepting them?

And if it's such a bluff, then why not call it?

This is the way I see it too. If you see this as Floyd avoiding the fight because of the test you should just as easily see this as Manny avoiding the fight for refusing the test. If not, it's a double standard. Especially when both Mosley and Ortiz have taken the test without a problem with it. And other boxers(including Nonito Donaire) have gone on record saying they would have no problem taking it.
                  Last edited by joseph5620; 11-04-2011, 06:28 PM.

Comment

these two fighters are investments, rather than pure athletes.
                    Neither side has wanted the fight, and they have acted accordingly with ridiculous antics.

I put the blame on both camps for sure. I don't think either side wanted it more than the other.

Comment

Their both clowns. But I feel it will happen on may 5th 2012 just because their is too much money to be made for Floyd to pass up on the fight and pac has nowhere left to run since after marquez the only fights are Bradley or mike Jones and neither should be close to fighting pac, unless pac goes for floyds leftovers again and fights Ortiz.

Comment

Working...
                      X