Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

History Section: Your Take On The Whole Pacquiao/Mayweather Saga?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Catchweight are.

But your own designed weight penalties? They are the same.

Both are outside of the comission.

Both are being personally asked for by their camps.

And most importantly, both are simple ask's. And should be accepted.

However, one was accepted, the other wasn't.

And these are stone cold facts. And why this is dismissed is beyond me because it's the sole reason the fight fell through in late 09.

I'm going to respond to just your post rather than every other one saying basically the same thing.

The two of us clearly see this from opposite perspectives. You say that they both should say yes. I say they both should say no. I wouldn't blame Floyd for refusing the excessive penalty fees, and I don't blame Pacquaio for balking at random testing that could come too close to the fight for his comfort.

I'm not going over this anymore as we're not likely to find any middle ground and I don't want to become redundant.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      I'm going to respond to just your post rather than every other one saying basically the same thing.

The two of us clearly see this from opposite perspectives. You say that they both should say yes. I say they both should say no. I wouldn't blame Floyd for refusing the excessive penalty fees, and I don't blame Pacquaio for balking at random testing that could come too close to the fight for his comfort.

I'm not going over this anymore as we're not likely to find any middle ground and I don't want to become redundant.
      The problem is there's a big consequence if they both say no. As opposed to if they both say yes.

Both saying no doesn't get the fight done. Or in this case evidently one of the two saying no doesn't get the fight done.

On the flipside, if both say yes then the fight infact, does get done.

So I'd rather them both just say yes.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        It appears you only agree because there is little defense for the nonsensical behavior of the Pacquiao camp. Regardless, it's irrelevant. One fighter agreed with an "excessive" demand while the other disagreed for reasons that changed from day to day. That's the bottom line. It isn't hard to see who you pin the blame on but I guess some people just can't bring themselves to the truth.
        Precisely.

I can't see how it can be seen any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Perfect Plex View Post
          I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on this?

Who do you pass the blame to more for the fight not happening? Do you feel the fight will ever get made? Were would it rank in the best fights never to happen? Etc.....
          - -Interesting that the Query is only 18 months after the first fight was agreed to. Manny agreed to Boy Floydy venue and date he reserved in advance of agreed upon negotiations.

Manny made the date but could not make the venue reserved for Boy Floydy who forfeited, what a $100K deposit when he didn't show up, his M/O when things got tough throughout his career.

Manny's resounding New Cowboy stadium inauguration with 40,000 screaming fans welcoming African Josh Clottey into the fray for history.

https://boxrec.com/en/event/593960/1484990

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post

- -Amen. Scotty always knows!!!

Comment

Working...
            X