Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Evander Holyfield Alleged Steriod Use, Hurt His Legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
    "Steroid abusers are cheaters as far as I'm concerned, and in a sport like boxing where you gain so much with regards to taking punishment, punching power, and endurance, it's just too much. "

No solid proof it helps, just yet. We all are pretty certain that Vargas was juiced for his fight with DeLaHoya. Vargas had no zip on his punches, was tight as a drum, and Oscar was able to hurt him.
    Oscar was far better than Vargas in every way as far as I'm concerned. Vargas was very tight and that was said to have been attributed to his weight lifting schedule in preparation for that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
      Oscar was far better than Vargas in every way as far as I'm concerned. Vargas was very tight and that was said to have been attributed to his weight lifting schedule in preparation for that fight.
      He was also not the same fighter he once was - he lost a lot in the Tito fight.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
        Don't you think Mike Tyson was far better than the blown-up, past-his-best crusierweight who was coming off a struggle with little Bobby Czyz? Or, do steroids help guys like Holyfield beat better opponents, but doesn't help guys like Vargas?

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
          Don't you think Mike Tyson was far better than the blown-up, past-his-best crusierweight who was coming off a struggle with little Bobby Czyz? Or, do steroids help guys like Holyfield beat better opponents, but doesn't help guys like Vargas?
          When Tyson fought Holyfield he had some hand speed and a lot of power but that's about it. It was one of the best fights I have ever watched but as far as I am concerned Tyson was nothing special when he fought Holyfield.

Vargas benefited greatly from the steroids, as he made it to the 11th round. There isn't a steroid that can make Vargas beat Oscar, even had he fought Oscar before he fought Tito. Vargas is one of those guys who was good, but not great. Just a hand short of the elite level.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
            If Bonds doesn't get in based on 1986-1998, then I'm never visiting the Hall of Fame. Ever. I'm serious. That would be a travesty.
            Right or wrong, he ain't getting in. Baseball writers are particularly vindictive and self righteous. Same with Roger Clemens.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
              The Baseball writers who do the voting for the HOF take a VERY dim view of cheating (and like it or not roids IS considered cheating). One major incident is all it takes to wipe out a steller career.

Poet
              And so it should be.

It's cheating for crying out loud.

Comment

Working...
              X