Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In 1993, was there a bigger fight than Lewis vs Bowe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by katsidis View Post
    Well you seem to make every excuse under the sun for whoever we talk about against Lewis.
    Excuses ?..... list a few for me

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      Excuses ?..... list a few for me
      OK,earlier in the thread you rip Lewis for fighting guys like Briggs, Golota, shot Holyfield, botha etc yet you were making a case for Ruiz who fought guys like holyfield when they were even older than when he fought Lewis, or did that not happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by katsidis View Post
        OK,earlier in the thread you rip Lewis for fighting guys like Briggs, Golota, shot Holyfield, botha etc yet you were making a case for Ruiz who fought guys like holyfield when they were even older than when he fought Lewis, or did that not happen?
        my case for Ruiz was that as No1 contender he was entitled to a world title fight as is every No1 contender... Ruiz put Holyfield on the canvas something Lewis never came near to doing in 24rds

Comment

you are wrong.... Lewis should have gotten his shot at Bowe but priced himself out of it because he never fancied the job.. just like how Bowe described it in the video..
          Bowe is a biased source. Are you denying Lewis wasn't low balled with an offer of only 10% to Bowes 90%?

Do you have a link for no one wanting Ruiz vs Lewis?

Tell us who wanted the fight than. I sure HBO wasn't going to buy it. The fans didn't want it. So who exactly wanted it?

Do you have a link to say Ruiz was unworthy of his No1 ranking?

Why would I need a link when I can just look at his quality of opposition, something you have yet to justify and have twice ducked when asked about.

Do you have a link to show Botha as more worthy?

Did I ever say Botha was Worthy? I did say that at least he had a draw with a ranked contender and was whooping Tyson till getting caught.

Do you have a link to show Bowe as a notorious liar?
          Do you have a quote where I've ever called him a liar,let alone a "notorious" liar?

or am i just to accept what you say as "Carved in stone"

i put up links of Lennox Lewis promoter Panos Eliardes claiming the WBA was not going to strip Lewis of his title for fighting Michael Grant as long as Lewis fought Ruiz next and Eliardes claimed the date for the Ruiz fight was 15th July 2000 in London yet Lewis fought Botha on that date and was stripped of his title....
          So, whats your point?

Now you call Rid**** Bowe for dumping his WBC belt rather than fighting Lewis but you claim Lewis done nothing wrong by not fighting Ruiz... Lewis is still a hero even tho he was stripped of all belts for refusing to fight the No1 contenders but Rid**** Bowe is a Liar... talk about double standards here.

Should we move onto Lewis vs Chris Byrd ?

Your brain is so soaked with hate and disdain for Lewis that you either fail or refuse to see the difference. Lewis earned his position by beating the best guy out there. Ruiz earned his by fighting who again?

Comment

i asked JAB if all No1 contenders should be given a world title fight, he replied in as many words as "yes but not John Ruiz" which i find to be bazaar

Now I just have to call you a flat out liar and a hypocrite. Ruiz had beaten nobody in spite of his ranking and in no way shape or form was anybody besides the crooked WBA wanting this fight. I'd be happy to put up a poll here, in NSB and over at the ESB classic forum and make a wager of all my points against all of yours that Ruiz doesn't even get 25% of the vote if I ask whether the fans wanted to see him fight Lewis or not. Is it a bet?

Comment

my case for Ruiz was that as No1 contender he was entitled to a world title fight as is every No1 contender... Ruiz put Holyfield on the canvas something Lewis never came near to doing in 24rds
              And your case against Lewis fighting Bowe was nobody wanted to see it (contrary to the facts and public opinion) but Ruiz should have gotten his shot even though he had fought no one and the general consensus was that he was extremely boring and not very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                And your case against Lewis fighting Bowe was nobody wanted to see it (contrary to the facts and public opinion) but Ruiz should have gotten his shot even though he had fought no one and the general consensus was that he was extremely boring and not very good.
                Not to mention that no TV network really wanted to buy it. It's nice to make fights, but somebody has to put up the money. Lennox didn't work cheap and Don King's cut required that Ruiz get a hefty check.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  Not to mention that no TV network really wanted to buy it. It's nice to make fights, but somebody has to put up the money. Lennox didn't work cheap and Don King's cut required that Ruiz get a hefty check.

I've mentioned this about HBO in a couple other posts yet Sonny see's fit to ignore this little fact as well as many others. His hate for Lewis is clear as crystal.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I've mentioned this about HBO in a couple other posts yet Sonny see's fit to ignore this little fact as well as many others. His hate for Lewis is clear as crystal.
                    no hate hear mate... more like ignorance on your part,

1/. Did HBO shout for Lewis vs Botha?
                    2/. Bowe is a biased source? do you have a link?
                    3/. Bowe offered Lewis 75/25 not 90/10 like you claim
                    4/. who wanted Lewis v Ruiz, the WBA did
                    5/. Ruiz record and quality of opposition are superior to Butler, Jackson, Akinwande, Mavrovic, Botha & Grant who Lewis hand-picked as opponents.
                    6/. Botha is a known steroid abuser and was unranked
                    7/. my point is: put up links or evidence because your word is no better than anyone else's word
                    8/. Your brain is so soaked with hate and disdain for Lewis, you claim.. yet i can label you with the exact opposite as i always did before you became a moderator..
                    9/. JAB.. your opinion is that ALL governing bodies ratings should be scrapped and The Ring Ratings used: yes/no?
                    10/. ESB is a fanclub for Lewis... how about Boxing Standard and you got a bet
                    11/. when did i say nobody wanted to see Lewis vs Bowe? again you are distorting the facts and the truth.. i said Lewis priced himself out of fighting Bowe just like how Bowe claims in the video but you call him biased
                    12/. Show me a single instance of when i have "Hated on Lewis" or is calling into question a form of Hate in your eyes..
                    13/. You say TV networks did not want to buy Lewis v Ruiz.... Do those same TV networks buy Vitali & Wlad Klitschko fights ? did they buy Nikolay Valuev fights? did they buy Lewis vs Botha?
                    14/. Should Chris Byrd as No1 contender have been given a world title fight by Lennox Lewis?
                    15., The bottom line is you know that Ruiz & Byrd should have been given a world title fight by Lewis but you cannot bring yourself to admit it.

Comment

• Do we have a bet or not? Boxingscene and ESB seem to have the most traffic so it makes the most sense to put the poll on those two sites. Tome to put up or shut up, because the overwhelming majority disagree ith you as is evident by the poll.

Comment

Working...
                      X