Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In 1993, was there a bigger fight than Lewis vs Bowe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

So are you now saying Ruiz wasn't worthy of the shot you claimed he should have gotten?
    Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    Either way. You're arguing Lewis wasn't worthy when he was not only ranked number 1 by the WBC, but by The Ring. How was Ruiz EVER worthy yet Lewis wasn't?
    Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    your correct, Lewis used Ruiz as a sparring partner back in 1994 in his build-up to the McCall I fight... i have said that for ages on this forum but been told i am telling lies and that Ruiz was never a sparring partner for Lewis, but hey!

Has nothing to do with the questions I've asked you though.

Comment

• well perhaps that sparring partner arrangement got in the way of Lewis and Ruiz fighting.

similiar situations in the past have happened.

Comment

Has nothing to do with the questions I've asked you though.
        i aint ever said Lewis was not worthy... i have always said,"Lewis did not want to fight Bowe and priced himself out of it" now i wont put up the Rid**** Bowe video again where Bowe tells how Lewis priced himself out and dragged his feet because that video is now classed as Lies on this forum.. anything Bowe says is nothing but lies, lies lies... yet when Bowe, Tyson & Holyfield write their autobiographys in the next few years and they tell of their championship dealings we will be able to call them liars on this forum...but you can guarantee that those books will be written.

JAB... do you believe that No1 contenders should be given a world title fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
          well perhaps that sparring partner arrangement got in the way of Lewis and Ruiz fighting.

similiar situations in the past have happened.

Nobody wanted to see a Ruiz fight. Nobody. And outside of the WBA nobody thought very highly of him.

Comment

Nobody wanted to see a Ruiz fight. Nobody. And outside of the WBA nobody thought very highly of him.
            agreed.

If Lewis 'missed out' on anyone, it was Wladimir and Chris Byrd, both who were pretty highly ranked for a decent span of Lewis' reign.

Comment

yet the guy went virtually unbeaten in 10yrs winning the heavyweight title on 3 occasions beating, Holyfield, Rahman, McCline, Johnson, Golota and losing 2 hometown decsions in Germany.... Ruiz was a professional boxer who fought his way to be No1 contender yet what you are saying is he should never have chosen boxing as his profession because nobody wanted him to be given a world title fight or given his just rewards for getting to the top

Comment

• lets be realistic here.

when could a Ruiz-Lewis fight have happened? 2000 and 2001 Ruiz was tied up with Holyfield(trilogy). 2002 Lewis was busy with Tyson(no way he was going to skip out on that). early 2003 Ruiz had lost to Roy Jones. Lewis retired in 2003.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                  i aint ever said Lewis was not worthy... i have always said,"Lewis did not want to fight Bowe and priced himself out of it" now i wont put up the Rid**** Bowe video again where Bowe tells how Lewis priced himself out and dragged his feet because that video is now classed as Lies on this forum.. anything Bowe says is nothing but lies, lies lies... yet when Bowe, Tyson & Holyfield write their autobiographys in the next few years and they tell of their championship dealings we will be able to call them liars on this forum...but you can guarantee that those books will be written.
                  You've claimed nobody wanted to see a Lewis-Bowe fight. You've claimed Lewis priced himself out in spite of the fact Bowe low balled him with a 90/10 cut. You've defended Bowe fighting Ferguson and Dokes instead of Lewis.

"JAB can i now take it that you are of the same opinion as myself in that John Ruiz, Chris Byrd & Vitali Klitschko all of who was the official No1 contenders in the (IBF,WBA & WBC) ratings, was more worthy for to be given a title fight than Michael Grant, Frans Botha, Hasim Rahman & Mike Tyson for the Heavyweight Championship between 2000-2003 ?"

Going by your own logic, was Lewis more deserving (WBC and Ring mag #1 contender) to fight Bowe or not? Was it a bigger and riskier fight than either Ferguson or Dokes?

JAB... do you believe that No1 contenders should be given a world title fight?

Do you? Lewis was number 1, right or wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                    yet the guy went virtually unbeaten in 10yrs winning the heavyweight title on 3 occasions beating, Holyfield, Rahman, McCline, Johnson, Golota and losing 2 hometown decsions in Germany.... Ruiz was a professional boxer who fought his way to be No1 contender yet what you are saying is he should never have chosen boxing as his profession because nobody wanted him to be given a world title fight or given his just rewards for getting to the top
                    Lol, you've claimed Holy was a shot fighter when Lewis faced him yet that happened before Ruiz. Johnson, Rahman and Golota were absolute stinkers. Fringe contender McCline didn't happen till 2008. Maybe we should us Feliz, Crawley, Ballard and Williams as examples of his worthiness. In 2000 the ring didn;t even have Ruiz rated. In 02,03 and 04 he never got higher than 5th. Combine these factors with the fact NOBODY was interested in him and it equals no fight.

Comment

Lol, you've claimed Holy was a shot fighter when Lewis faced him yet that happened before Ruiz. Johnson, Rahman and Golota were absolute stinkers. Fringe contender McCline didn't happen till 2008. Maybe we should us Feliz, Crawley, Ballard and Williams as examples of his worthiness. In 2000 the ring didn;t even have Ruiz rated. In 02,03 and 04 he never got higher than 5th. Combine these factors with the fact NOBODY was interested in him and it equals no fight.
                      Ruiz was WBA No1 contender from late 2007 to 2001

JAB... you just cannot bring yourself to admit the guy should have been given a world title fight yet in other posts to claim Pacquiao v Margarito was unworthy of fighting for the vacant Light-middleweight title and claim that contenders like Angulo, Martiroysyan or Alvarez was more worthy.... BUT NOBODY wanted to see those guys they wanted to see Margarito vs Pacquiao.... so in your logic it only works one way and that one way is without John Ruiz or Chris Byrd... they should never have taken up the sport of boxing as their profession because when they get to the very top then nobody wants to see them fight for the title....

Did everybody want to see
                      Lewis vs Butler
                      Lewis vs Jackson
                      Lewis vs Rahman
                      Lewis vs Akinwande
                      Lewis vs Mavrovic
                      Lewis vs Botha
                      Lewis vs Fortune

Comment

Working...
                      X