No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Victor Ortiz was a former Pacquiao sparring partner? How long ago was that? It surely wasn't anytime recently.
    Not that long ago, couple of years if that. Apparently he was working Pac over too...

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
      I want to see more of Tavoris Cloud, right now I think he beats any lightheavy in the division at the moment.

What do you guys think of cloud?
      I don't really rate him too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        Victor Ortiz was a former Pacquiao sparring partner? How long ago was that? It surely wasn't anytime recently.
        I heard it was for Pacquiao's fight with David Diaz in 2008. Roach talked a little bit about the sparring session here.

Last edited by joseph5620; 10-01-2011, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          Not that long ago, couple of years if that. Apparently he was working Pac over too...
          LOL ortiz was giving pac the time in sparring?
          i wont judge him for it

but if NSB gets wind of this the floyd fanbase/boys will have a field day

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            LOL ortiz was giving pac the time in sparring?
            i wont judge him for it

but if NSB gets wind of this the floyd fanbase/boys will have a field day
            That was the word anyway, of course i never actually Seen it myself

Sparring is just sparring though, people get carried away with what happens in these sessions

Ur spot on tho, the Mayweather fan boys would go loco for this *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              That was the word anyway, of course i never actually Seen it myself

Sparring is just sparring though, people get carried away with what happens in these sessions

Ur spot on tho, the Mayweather fan boys would go loco for this *****!

"Floyd's leftovers stopped manny in sparring. take the test."

Comment

"Floyd's leftovers stopped manny in sparring. take the test."
                I can see the thread headlines now! lol, spot on sir!

Khan gives every bit as he gets in sparring with Manny but u can bet ur ass Pac knocks him dead in a real bout...

Comment

• maravilla had a rough go with barker and looked a bit off certainly, but you gotta like the adjustments. midway through the fight i did not think sergio would score a knockout.

barker isn't at all a terrible fighter.

that was a strange knockout, though. he looked to be having trouble with shots to that part of the head later in the fight looking back.

i think the body shots (those left hands to the body) were the difference in the fight. barker clearly prepared for a straight left hand

not a bad performance by either guy. maravilla's stock might go down a bit, if it can go down in a one sided fight that ends in a knockout

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I don't really rate him too much.
                    Same here. They should try and make Cloud v Cleverly

Comment

maravilla had a rough go with barker and looked a bit off certainly, but you gotta like the adjustments. midway through the fight i did not think sergio would score a knockout.

barker isn't at all a terrible fighter.

that was a strange knockout, though. he looked to be having trouble with shots to that part of the head later in the fight looking back.

i think the body shots (those left hands to the body) were the difference in the fight. barker clearly prepared for a straight left hand

not a bad performance by either guy. maravilla's stock might go down a bit, if it can go down in a one sided fight that ends in a knockout
                      You think it was one sided in Sergio's favour? Barker was well in that fight imo (drunken tho it may have been at the time and havnt watched it today) i actually thought Barker was up a few points. KO was odd tho huh, sometimes a shot in that area has that type of effect tho i guess.
                      Barker's stock goes up, he did himself and the UK proud. Sergio probably dips a bit in the mythical p4p stocks, here is my take p4p
                      1. Mayweather
                      2. Pacquaio
                      3. Donaire
                      4. Ward
                      5. Martinez

Lopez as much as i like him just isnt a brilliant fighter, he is lucky he has that power, Olliver seemed to have no legs. Gamboa kills him

Lee looked good vs Vera, a much matured fighter.

Marquez is done, his balance was off and im positive a few years ago he'd have done a job on Nishioka

Also in the UK shame to see Rees vs Matthews end that way, was shaping up to be a good bout

Comment

Working...
                      X