Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Joe Louis do against these fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    Spinks was a clear winner in my book..
    That's because you're an idiot and wouldn't know how to score a fight if someone gave you a Dick-N-Jane book on the subject.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
      That's because you're an idiot and wouldn't know how to score a fight if someone gave you a Dick-N-Jane book on the subject.

Poet
      The difference between me & you cocksucker is that i have seen over 100 `Live Boxing Shows where you have never seen a single one... i have my ticket for Haye vs Ruiz which you could never dream of having.. now hurry on up the stairs boy, your Daddy is waiting, he is hard...

Comment

The difference between me & you cocksucker is that i have seen over 100 `Live Boxing Shows where you have never seen a single one... i have my ticket for Haye vs Ruiz which you could never dream of having.. now hurry on up the stairs boy, your Daddy is waiting, he is hard...
        Catching a little bit of the action in between your janitorial duties at the arena doesn't count How those shock treaments working out for you btw? Have a nice day!

Poet

Comment

i see louis beating all of them but the one with the best chance of getting the upset is tyson, with his fast combinations and pressure. i agree with the guy who said if tyson wins he has to stop joe inside of 5 rounds, if it goes later tyson gets stopped. 70's foreman is lot like max baer, who louis beat up bad, foreman's shots are too wide and clubbing. louis was a very deadly, accurate puncher, he would take foreman apart with his combinations just like he did to baer. sonny liston was a good boxer - puncher but everything he does louis does better

Comment

let me ask you to name me one quality opponent these fighters beat:

L.Lewis
            Wlad Klitschko
            V.Klitschko
            L.Holmes
            Off the top of my head.

Lennox Lewis Quality Wins:
            -Razor Ruddock
            -Frank Bruno
            -Tommy Morrison
            -Ray Mercer
            -Shannon Briggs
            -Evander Holyfield
            -Mike Tyson
            -David Tua
            -Vitali Kiltschko

Holmes Quality Wins:
            -Ken Norton
            -Earnie Shavers
            -Gerry Cooney
            -Tim Witherspoon
            -Ray Mercer

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
              Like I said there is no logic to a ten fight scenario but it certainly helps me in my mind rate a match up. With these fantasy fights there is not fantastic logic behind many of them to be honest given difference in eras and some of the more ludicrous p4p match ups I see such as Pac v Ali etc.

Happy to name a couple of times it has happened in history though, Langford v Wills or McVea off the top of my head and probably a fair few permatations of those guys if you throw in Jeanette too. Probably a fair few others too.
              Its still all very hypothetical as Langford and Wills had a fair few years between them so you could say the dozen odd fights they had probably still didn't establish who was the better man given the difference in primes.
              Ted kid Lewis fought Jack Britton 20 times..

Comment

Originally posted by DeepSleep View Post
                Off the top of my head.

-Razor Ruddock
                -Frank Bruno
                -Tommy Morrison
                -Ray Mercer
                -Shannon Briggs
                -Evander Holyfield
                -Mike Tyson
                -David Tua
                -Vitali Kiltschko

Holmes Quality Wins:
                -Ken Norton
                -Earnie Shavers
                -Gerry Cooney
                -Tim Witherspoon
                -Ray Mercer
                Warning Don't fall for it!!..
                He'll have you typing all day.. Sonny doesn't even rank Lewis in the top 3 heavyweights of the 90's, and even if this thread was about Ivan Calderon, he'd still be spoiling for a row about him..
                Then, for the umpteenth time, it'll be - Ruddock was softened up by Tyson, Morrison had HIV, he lost to Mercer, Bruno out-boxed him, Tua was the fattest man to fight for a title etc, etc.. I'm afraid he'll also demand written descriptions of all the Lewis fights you've seen.. Once you've done that, he'll say, 'I was at ringside and have all the fight vids here in my collection,' and that, 'you've never seen the fights,' & demand to know what colour shorts the opponents wore.. When you can't answer that, he'll call you a liar, and use the whole thing as a base to say you know nothing about boxing..
                All this after spending half the day typing out information for him..
                I've leaened from my mistakes with this guy, and it simply isn't worth it..
                Last edited by mickey malone; 02-06-2010, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepSleep View Post
                  Off the top of my head.

-Razor Ruddock
                  -Frank Bruno
                  -Tommy Morrison
                  -Ray Mercer
                  -Shannon Briggs
                  -Evander Holyfield
                  -Mike Tyson
                  -David Tua
                  -Vitali Kiltschko
                  I dunno if I'd call those "quality." I can see it helps support your point because those are big names, but those were not quality fighters at the time they fought Lennox.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                    Ted kid Lewis fought Jack Britton 20 times..
                    Good catch Mickey, knew there was one of our boys had a long series of fights so had a quick look at Kid Berg on boxingrec without success lol.
                    Age is a terrible affliction this time next year i'll probably be looking up Billy the Kid!

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                      Warning Don't fall for it!!..
                      He'll have you typing all day.. Sonny doesn't even rank Lewis in the top 3 heavyweights of the 90's, and even if this thread was about Ivan Calderon, he'd still be spoiling for a row about him..
                      Then, for the umpteenth time, it'll be - Ruddock was softened up by Tyson, Morrison had HIV, he lost to Mercer, Bruno out-boxed him, Tua was the fattest man to fight for a title etc, etc.. I'm afraid he'll also demand written descriptions of all the Lewis fights you've seen.. Once you've done that, he'll say, 'I was at ringside and have all the fight vids here in my collection,' and that, 'you've never seen the fights,' & demand to know what colour shorts the opponents wore.. When you can't answer that, he'll call you a liar, and use the whole thing as a base to say you know nothing about boxing..
                      All this after spending half the day typing out information for him..
                      I've leaened from my mistakes with this guy, and it simply isn't worth it..
                      Just laughed so hard I almost suffocated! The "colour of shorts" line was pure class

Comment

Working...
                      X