Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Joe Louis do against these fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Louis would beat Mike Tyson and Joe Frazier, but get slugged out by George Foreman.

Comment

• I like Joe Louis to Knock Foreman out in around 6 - 7 rounds, Joe was much quicker and threw the far more technically correct shots that would come inside Big Georges wide swings and thus land first. Foreman had the power to get Louis outta there but im picking the faster better boxer over the bigger stronger man

Liston? Again im going with Louis, i think this fight goes about 10 or so rounds but i like Joe to stop Sonny late. Agan he'd be the quicker man tho Liston was a better technical fighter than George. Joe might even take a count in this one

Tyson, hmmmm my two favourite fighters here. Yeah i like Tyson early, im gonna call it Mike Tyson within 4

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
        I like Joe Louis to Knock Foreman out in around 6 - 7 rounds, Joe was much quicker and threw the far more technically correct shots that would come inside Big Georges wide swings and thus land first. Foreman had the power to get Louis outta there but im picking the faster better boxer over the bigger stronger man

Liston? Again im going with Louis, i think this fight goes about 10 or so rounds but i like Joe to stop Sonny late. Agan he'd be the quicker man tho Liston was a better technical fighter than George. Joe might even take a count in this one

Tyson, hmmmm my two favourite fighters here. Yeah i like Tyson early, im gonna call it Mike Tyson within 4
        I agree with you on most everything....the one thing everyone forgets here, is giving the power automatically to the bigger guys...not always the case...not in alot of cases. Look at Primo Carnera..A big Muscle Freak...but didnt have punching power. Joe louis only needed a 4-5 inch punch, with either hand, to knock you out, square on the chin. he could do that to Tyson, Foreman, Liston, or anyone else....except maybe Rocky Marciano, and a couple of others. Its true, louis is a much better fighter than Foreman. And even Sonny Liston...Liston had all the right training, but lacked heart. Louis didn't lack any Heart. Tyson, was mean, etc...but Louis was far roo talented, and far too Big a Heart, to be scared of Him, like these guys he fought were, Spinks, and Company. All of these modern guys showed a fear of Tyson, you could see it in their eyes...You'd never see that in Rocky Marciano, or Joe Louis...or even Ali. Probably not in Joe Frazier either. But those fighter were from a different crop...much tougher guys.

Ray

Comment

• Originally posted by rayr0683 View Post
          I agree with you on most everything....the one thing everyone forgets here, is giving the power automatically to the bigger guys...not always the case...not in alot of cases. Look at Primo Carnera..A big Muscle Freak...but didnt have punching power. Joe louis only needed a 4-5 inch punch, with either hand, to knock you out, square on the chin. he could do that to Tyson, Foreman, Liston, or anyone else....except maybe Rocky Marciano, and a couple of others. Its true, louis is a much better fighter than Foreman. And even Sonny Liston...Liston had all the right training, but lacked heart. Louis didn't lack any Heart. Tyson, was mean, etc...but Louis was far roo talented, and far too Big a Heart, to be scared of Him, like these guys he fought were, Spinks, and Company. All of these modern guys showed a fear of Tyson, you could see it in their eyes...You'd never see that in Rocky Marciano, or Joe Louis...or even Ali. Probably not in Joe Frazier either. But those fighter were from a different crop...much tougher guys.
          Most of the guys Tyson beat were finnished before the bell rang, he said recently Spinks was looking for somewhere to fall down from the word go! And yeah i agree no way in hell any of the guys u mentioned would have any fear, not any that would show or harm their performance anyway but i feel a young Tyson was feared for a reason - he was That good! His ferocity speed technique and power would get him the win over Louis IMO but me saying within 4 was no disrespect to Joe its just a styles thing and the way i see it going. Ofcourse Joe could P.U.N.C.H! And his speed and technique were great too, infact these guys IMO are the two best combination punchers the division ever saw so its not like he has no chance, a Louis win at any point would not surprise me in the slightest.

Comment

• Louis-Tyson

OK, I think you and I are on the same page here. And this is all about our sort of magic, in creating bouts that could never truely be answered. Its basically our opinions of how things might go, if everything went Perfectly for Both Fighters, on that Particular Night. But it is Fun to Imagine these Fights, No Matter which Fighters we Match Up, in any division....I just have alot more respect for the Fighters of YesterYears.....due to the fact that They were so damn hungry, and had so much Pride at stake. I think alot of that Important Status was Lost, when the Millions of Dollars started coming in. You know...how a Fighter could Fight just One Big Fight, and Retire, and Live comfortably for the rest of His Life.....whereas, years ago, these guys didnt make crap, and needed to Fight Often, to keep money in the bank. Ray from Philly.

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
            Most of the guys Tyson beat were finnished before the bell rang, he said recently Spinks was looking for somewhere to fall down from the word go! And yeah i agree no way in hell any of the guys u mentioned would have any fear, not any that would show or harm their performance anyway but i feel a young Tyson was feared for a reason - he was That good! His ferocity speed technique and power would get him the win over Louis IMO but me saying within 4 was no disrespect to Joe its just a styles thing and the way i see it going. Ofcourse Joe could P.U.N.C.H! And his speed and technique were great too, infact these guys IMO are the two best combination punchers the division ever saw so its not like he has no chance, a Louis win at any point would not surprise me in the slightest.

Comment

• Originally posted by rayr0683 View Post
              OK, I think you and I are on the same page here. And this is all about our sort of magic, in creating bouts that could never truely be answered. Its basically our opinions of how things might go, if everything went Perfectly for Both Fighters, on that Particular Night. But it is Fun to Imagine these Fights, No Matter which Fighters we Match Up, in any division....I just have alot more respect for the Fighters of YesterYears.....due to the fact that They were so damn hungry, and had so much Pride at stake. I think alot of that Important Status was Lost, when the Millions of Dollars started coming in. You know...how a Fighter could Fight just One Big Fight, and Retire, and Live comfortably for the rest of His Life.....whereas, years ago, these guys didnt make crap, and needed to Fight Often, to keep money in the bank. Ray from Philly.
              Cant beat a bit of the ol' fantasy fights!

Fighters should actually be better today, athletes in every other sport are better as shown by the continued braking of records, lap times ect. And the fighters benifit from advanced training and nutrition now, the HW's are huge too. BUT those old guys just seem like they are from different stock, tough as old boots and fitter than the new guys! How and why i dont know but u gotta respect the hell out of them and i think u might be on to something about the money playing a part

Meant to say Ray do u notice that Tyson only really started Trying to intimidate his opponents - Mad trash talk, intense staredowns ect after he was on the slide? Bar a few times when there was genuine needle

Comment

• Tyson Intimidation....

Again Surgeon.....I think we agree also. Tyson did seem to do more of the Intimidation, after he was on the Slide. I also think Tyson acted differently after his original trainer passed away. He started getting in trouble more, and making crazy out of the Ring behavior and decisions. I honestly never liked Tyson...I just hated the guy from the beginning. But even though I hated him, I would never take anything away from him, as far as his talent, and power goes. He was a mean, and very serious fighter. Unlike any of the other current fighters of the recent days of boxing.

I think that alot of the Athletes supposedly being better than the athletes of old, in every sport has its reasons also. First of all, many of the Rules, and equipment have changed, in every sport. Much of the Special Juices, and needles had alot to do with the Size, and Power barriers being beaten by the Newer Athletes. I am not saying all...but many have used the unfair advantages of the Special Juices...These things were not even thought of in the day of the older Athletes, that I apeak of the most. I remember once, Rocky Marciano was training, early in his career, amateur...and he saw a weightlifter working out, and also had a special liking, or Idolizing of Primo Carnera.....but a certain other fighter, told Rocky that he should stop with the weights, and his Arm strength will get its best, with regular Boxing Routine workouts. Rocky immediately stopped lifting weights. Rocky wanted to be the best he could at everything, and he listened very much to worthy guys that offered him advice. So the Muscle you see in many of the Old Fighters, was from shear working out on bags, etc...

As a kid, I went to Reddish Boxing Club, in Philadelphia,PA.....and Willie Reddish Sr. who at the time, had Curtis parker as his Top Middleweight, and Curtis was built great...so I started lifting weights...and Willie Reddish Sr. told me, NO..lay off the weights...they will only bulk you up, and interfere with your ability to punch properly. Willie knew his stuff, trained Sonny Liston, Gil Turner, Willie Worm Monroe, Curtis parker...and so on...So, the Hulking Fighters you now see today, you would have never seen years ago, it wasn't believed in. And You see how the Fight Game changed....they put limit on Rounds in a Fight...the Weight of the Gloves...various ways of Counting, after a Knockdown...and being saved by the bell. So, its hard to compare Apples to Apples in Sports/Athletes of today vs. yesterday....Ray

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                Cant beat a bit of the ol' fantasy fights!

Fighters should actually be better today, athletes in every other sport are better as shown by the continued braking of records, lap times ect. And the fighters benifit from advanced training and nutrition now, the HW's are huge too. BUT those old guys just seem like they are from different stock, tough as old boots and fitter than the new guys! How and why i dont know but u gotta respect the hell out of them and i think u might be on to something about the money playing a part

Meant to say Ray do u notice that Tyson only really started Trying to intimidate his opponents - Mad trash talk, intense staredowns ect after he was on the slide? Bar a few times when there was genuine needle

Comment

• Loses to all badly way to outdated only the crazy trolls said joe would win when they know he wouldnt even land much or at all

Comment

• You dug up a post from 2010 so you could repeat yourself?

Did Joe Louis run over your puppy or something like that?

P.S. The OP lasted three days and 24 posts before being banned. That's impressive.
                    billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by moneytheman View Post
                      Loses to all badly way to outdated only the crazy trolls said joe would win when they know he wouldnt even land much or at all
                      ****** troll...

Comment

Working...
                      X