No announcement yet.

Frazier v Marciano The Ring's Verdict.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229

Thanks for posting that. Good read. It doesn't address the isolation I yawned on about a few posts back.

P.S. I love that the very last line of Marciano's Walcott camp training routine: "He wants to win only one letter . . ." Is a reference to 'varsity sports.' I wonder how many kids today would understand what winning a varsity "letter" means.
    At our top colleges they are called "blues".
    Marciano had a little rubber ball on elastic fixed over his chest when he was in bed and he would hit it before sleeping.
    The guy was a compulsive.
    Last edited by Ivich; 05-12-2024, 12:52 AM.
    Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

I change my response. Frazier rocks Marciano early with a vicious left hook. Immediately after marciano keeps a strong hard pace and begins to pulverize frazier, who gets hurt bad at the end of the round and stopped bad the very next round. Absolute hopeless match for Joe Frazier
      Yeah Marciano who took 9 rounds to get rid of chubby ****ell who finished on his feet , is going to take out Frazier inside two rounds.
      Which top heavy did he do this to?
      Don't say Walcott in their 2nd fight Walcott,Walcott quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post

Yeah Marciano who took 9 rounds to get rid of chubby ****ell who finished on his feet , is going to take out Frazier inside two rounds.
        I don't think, he really believes this - or all the other nonsense he pollutes this forum with! This ridiculous Marciano hype, as well the constant belittling of modern boxers, must be the result of an elaborate prank, that now has been going on for years. I don't know, why it makes his day, to see us react to these outlandish claims - but obviously it does!
        Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post

I don't think, he really believes this - or all the other nonsense he pollutes this forum with! This ridiculous Marciano hype, as well the constant belittling of modern boxers, must be the result of an elaborate prank, that now has been going on for years. I don't know, why it makes his day, to see us react to these outlandish claims - but obviously it does!

The kid has severe mental issues(Just look at his behavior in his recent boxing video thread). I stopped taking him seriously for the most part years ago.
          them_apples them_apples likes this.

Comment

Marciano did indeed look bad against ****ell but that fight would have been stopped multiple times today, dude was out on his feet and stumbling multiple times.

Yeah I'm in the same boat when talking about that 2nd Wallcott fight. Joe didn't want to go through what he did the first fight just like Liston didn't want to with that second Ali fight (coincidentally Walcott was ref in) and got hit once and fell down.

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow View Post

Marciano did indeed look bad against ****ell but that fight would have been stopped multiple times today, dude was out on his feet and stumbling multiple times.

Yeah I'm in the same boat when talking about that 2nd Wallcott fight. Joe didn't want to go through what he did the first fight just like Liston didn't want to with that second Ali fight (coincidentally Walcott was ref in) and got hit once and fell down.
              - - Ali would've been DQed in both Liston fights had there been a decent ref in charge instead of the usual goons...duh...

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich

Why should Ali have been dsq'd in the first Liston fight?

What was wrong with the referee Barney Felix,he refereed 235 fights?
                - - Screamed to Dundee to cut his gloves off in his corner after the 4th round. Grounds for DQ or TKO. Did the same thing in the Frazier Trilogy after the 14th round. Before the ref could stop the fight, Eddie Futch signaled to the ref he was stopping Frazier in one of the most monumental bonehead decisions in boxing history.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich

He had an astringent substance in his eyes and rightly or wrongly , believed he was being deliberately blinded.
                  No screaming and no grounds for a dsq or a tko.
                  The referee at no time though about stopping the Ali vFrazier third fight.

Eddie Futch is as good a trainer as has ever climbed through the ropes.Knowing Frazier could not see those right hands coming and was being caught flush he did the decent ,compassionate thing and stopped the fight,perhaps saving Frazier from permanent damage
                  Do me a favour keep off my threads, if you want to see your name," up in lights",make your own threads, we don't need ignorant and ****** remarks from you. .
                  - - When a fighter quits a fight, he quits and anybody who knows the rules of boxing knows that even turning your back to walk away in the middle of a round is grounds for DQ/TKO, but Boxing is the most ******ly hamhanded officiated sport in history. Always has been...

Comment

Yes because ****ell was supposed to be an easy fight, only ****ell actually tried. Be careful using ****ell to discredit Rocky, ****ell went into survival mode after he hit rock with one good shot and caught the beating of his life. One sided beating where Rocky threw 130 punches in one round. ****ell ran. This fight was a onesided beating. Completely dominated in every sense of the word.

Frazier won’t run, hell try and take Marciano out and this will be a mistake. He won’t run though and this will take a beating.

should I dig up lesser fighters that Joe struggled with? Or does this only work when it comes to Marciano?

Comment

Frazier's accuracy and Marciano's lack of it are seldom mentioned.
                      Marciano is not accurate? Clearly you don’t ever watch his fights. Your opinions sound like you are just regurgitating the press. Marciano had ATG timing. He would land with precision thats how he registered such brutal knockouts. His ko of Walcott was absurd level timing.

you are just being conned by his rugged style you fail to see the level he is playing at

Comment

Working...
                      X