Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frazier v Marciano The Ring's Verdict.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frazier v Marciano The Ring's Verdict.

Frazier drops Marciano in the 1st rd with a left hook.Frazier ,with the size,and strength advantage initially make it a onesided fight.

Marciano is cut over both eyes and taking heavy punishment,but in the 4th rd he lands a big right cross that floors Frazier for a 9 count.

Mid way into the 6th a right splits open Marciano's nose and the fight is stopped.

Originally posted by Ivich View Post
    Frazier drops Marciano in the 1st rd with a left hook.Frazier ,with the size,and strength advantage initially make it a onesided fight.

Marciano is cut over both eyes and taking heavy punishment,but in the 4th rd he lands a big right cross that floors Frazier for a 9 count.

Mid way into the 6th a right splits open Marciano's nose and the fight is stopped.
    Huh. I could go either way on this one: Two short-armed pressure fighters in a war.
    fifth_root fifth_root Ivich Ivich like this.

Comment

Frazier will fight inside because he has no choice. And in doing this gets slaughtered. Beat up BAD. You donā€™t stand in front of Marciano, his 68 reach gives him an enormous advantage among other things. Joe wonā€™t stop him and likely wonā€™t land the kind of mustard you think he will.

I think early on the fight is competitive or appears so, but at about round 8 it starts taking a nose dive and Joe getā€™s hurt and stopped. Marciano will be too strong.

Joe was downing a bottle of JD on the regular, Marciano was running 15 miles with sand weighted boots in hill country an denying Jane Mansfield.

all you can see is 186 lbs but itā€™s not gonna matter. Heā€™s a literal gladiator. Lived a spartan life.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

Frazier will fight inside because he has no choice. And in doing this gets slaughtered. Beat up BAD. You donāt stand in front of Marciano, his 68 reach gives him an enormous advantage among other things. Joe wonāt stop him and likely wonāt land the kind of mustard you think he will.

I think early on the fight is competitive or appears so, but at about round 8 it starts taking a nose dive and Joe getās hurt and stopped. Marciano will be too strong.

Joe was downing a bottle of JD on the regular, Marciano was running 15 miles with sand weighted boots in hill country an denying Jane Mansfield.

all you can see is 186 lbs but itās not gonna matter. Heās a literal gladiator. Lived a spartan life.
        I haven't given my opinion.That is the Ring's prediction.

This running 15 miles ,you quote it as though he did it all time,he didn't nor did he wear weighted boots,just like he never hit a 300lbs bag for 30 rounds after sparring.

I've posted boxing writers of the Ring's opinion of the outcome .
        If you weren't so frantically anxious to rush and defend your idol you might have taken the time to actually read and digest it!

Comment

Frazier was the more accurate, precise puncher. I think his accuracy would spell doom whereMarciano is concerned. I dont think his facial features would hold up well. Rocky would always be dangerous but Joe was every bit as tough and can match Rocky's legendary stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by DooGee#33 View Post
            Frazier was the more accurate, precise puncher. I think his accuracy would spell doom whereMarciano is concerned. I dont think his facial features would hold up well. Rocky would always be dangerous but Joe was every bit as tough and can match Rocky's legendary stamina.
            Frazier's accuracy and Marciano's lack of it are seldom mentioned.

Comment

This running 15 miles ,you quote it as though he did it all time,he didn't nor did he wear weighted boots,just like he never hit a 300lbs bag for 30 rounds after sparring.

If you weren't so frantically anxious to rush and defend your idol you might have taken the time to actually read and digest it!
              You got that from a forum search off ******** boxing. Yes he did do those things.

Comment

I change my response. Frazier rocks Marciano early with a vicious left hook. Immediately after marciano keeps a strong hard pace and begins to pulverize frazier, who gets hurt bad at the end of the round and stopped bad the very next round. Absolute hopeless match for Joe Frazier

Comment

You got that from a forum search off ******** boxing. Yes he did do those things.
                  Nope I got it from 2003 Ring ****zine,Dream Fights Vol 2 as I said and it's here on my desk as a type this.
                  The other matchups are as follows;
                  Dempsey v Louis

Ali v Tyson page10

Liston v Holyfield page18

Tunney v Johnson page 20

Holmes v Walcott page22

And so on .There are 50 matchups all together.

If you are going to imply I am a liar you better be able to ****ing prove it.

Now lets have some proof Marciano hit a 300lbs bag for 30 rds after his daily sparring session and that he ran15 miles uphill in weighted boots,because neither are mentioned in the 4 books of Marciano I have read.

You will note I haven't implied you are a liar after you posted these fairy tales.

NEXT TIME!

Comment

Frazier will fight inside because he has no choice. And in doing this gets slaughtered. Beat up BAD. You donāt stand in front of Marciano, his 68 reach gives him an enormous advantage among other things. Joe wonāt stop him and likely wonāt land the kind of mustard you think he will.

I think early on the fight is competitive or appears so, but at about round 8 it starts taking a nose dive and Joe getās hurt and stopped. Marciano will be too strong.

all you can see is 186 lbs but itās not gonna matter. Heās a literal gladiator. Lived a spartan life.
                    Frazier was not downing bottles of JD when he was fighting Ali,Ellis,and Quarry, and Marciano has no choice but to fight inside either.

Frazier set a faster pace than Marciano and he had no problem maintaining that pace ,he also had faster hands.plus did not cut,and was more accurate with his punches.
                    Added to which he had15lbs on Rocky.

I tentatively pick Marciano to win because he was a two handed puncher, and Frazier mainly relied on his left hook, but this fight could go either way imo.

Stating Frazier gets slaughtered in a couple of rounds as your last post says is absurd fanboyism .

Do you think Liston ,Foreman,Lewis,would not stand in front of Marciano? Do you see them boxing of the back foot against him?

HERE ARE MY SOURCES.WHERE ARE YOURS?
                    • ;dr: He ran 3-5 miles per day and ate plenty of food. His big workout apparently lasted around 90 minutes (from 3-4:30).

from Harold Kaese, “In a Game That’s Noted for Its Punks, Phoneys, Rocky Stands for Class, Boston Globe (Sept. 20, 1952), p.7

“[…] Marciano is satisfied if he has a few close friends and a pantry near him.

He is eating all the way, although Al Colombo, a pal, thinks Rocky’s knife-and-fork exercises have been exaggerated.

“He’s over-rated,” said Colombo, adding alertly, I mean as an eater, not a fighter.”

Colombo’s revelation that Marciano does not eat eight lamb chops for breakfast but only two or three was sworn to by Alfred Renault, the camp’s chef. […]

Marciano, who only skipped rope today, said he was not nervous, “only a little tense like I always am before a fight.” This he admitted, was his big opportunity and concluded, “I don’t intend to lose it.”

Each day for a month, Marciano has got up at 7 a.m. He then has a cup of tea (sugar and lemon) and usually runs between three and five miles.

At 8:30, it is a breakfast of fruit, cereal, two soft-boiled eggs, lamb chops, toast, and more tea.

He walks and naps until noon, when he has some tea.

Then he naps until his big workout at 3 p.m. After 4:30 he naps until dinner time at 5:30; after which he walks, plays ping pong, reads, or listens to the radio. At 8:30 he may have an apple or pear, and goes to bed.

According to Reinault, the meat is usually steak or roast beef—rare. Lamb, veal, and a little chicken for variety. Baked potatoes, green vegetables, and plenty of salads with oil and vinegar dressing. Oh yes—tea.

No Italian foods. No pork. No pastry. No ice cream.

Reinault, who came to this country from Germany in 1923, also cooked here for Joey Maxim before the Robinson fight. The difference he said, was “Maxim had to lose weight, so he ate less and ran more than this fellow.”

Marciano has not been training for a race. He wants to win only one letter against Walcott—in boxing, not track.”

In his camp for Charles II, he was doing 5 miles a day according to the Boston Daily Record.

In his camp for Moore, according to Pete Coutros (reprinted in the Omaha World Herald) he was doing 6 mile runs.

The Detroit Times claims he did 320 miles of roadwork in 7 weeks for Walcott I. That's right about 45 miles a week or 6.5 miles a day.

For Walcott II, the AP goes over his entire daily training routine. The only roadwork is 5 miles of combined running and walking with buddy Al Columbo.​
                    • L;DR Rocky Marciano's Training Routine
                    • 7 am: Wake up, drink tea with sugar and lemon, and run 5 miles (9km)
                    • 8:30 am: Breakfast includes fruit, cereal, two soft-boiled eggs, lamb chops, toast, and tea.
                    • 10 am: Short walk and nap
                    • 12 pm: another short nap before his workout
                    • 3 pm: Boxing workout, including push-ups, pull-ups, and other calisthenics exercises
                    • 4:30 pm: Another short nap before dinner
                    • 5 pm: Dinner including steak, green vegetables, and olive oil dressing
                    • 7 pm: Walk, ping pong, reading or listening to the radio
                    • 8:30 pm: An apple or a pear, and then time for bed

Last edited by Ivich; 05-11-2024, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X