No announcement yet.

Whos the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whos the GOAT?

What fighter had more wins than Sugar Ray Robinson while at the same time had less losses that SRL?

Robinson retired with 174-19-6 record (+2 no contests) after 201 fights.
    This other fighter had a 193-7-1 record after 201 fights.

Even the most casual of boxing fan knows I am speaking of Willie Pep. Finally ending his career with 229-11-1 record.

Willie surpassed Ray in every aspect except perhaps punching power: Ray 62.64% KO's, Willie 28.38% KO's

All things considered Willy is the GOAT.
    Last edited by User Name HERE; 12-22-2023, 07:15 PM.
    GhostofDempsey GhostofDempsey likes this.

Floyd
    User Name HERE User Name HERE likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkHogan View Post
      Floyd
      Ok you convinced me.
      Slugfester Slugfester likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by User Name HERE View Post

Ok you convinced me.

U = Wise

Comment

- - Sam Langford fought, mostly beating more HOFers in more HOF fights than anyone.

Manny not only fought, beat, and KOed more Ring rated P4Pers than anyone in history, but did it in a record 8 weight divisions. Nobody close to this modern record.

Comment

When we're talking GOAT... surely it's hard to ignore Harry Greb!

More wins against more HOFers than any other boxer in history, makes him the obvious choice for me.

Comment

Not a chance of it being Willie Pep.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Not a chance of it being Willie Pep.
                How dare you!? Grrrrrrrrrrr... OK

Comment

I don’t think there is any one greatest of all time. For one thing, it’s subjective, we all quantify greatness differently. Comparing fighters of different eras will always be met with the difficultly of measuring todays fighters durability versus old timers who fought several times per month, used 4 - 6 ounce gloves, and didn’t have the advantages of modern nutrition, footwear, and of course PEDs, which brings me to my next measure of greatness.

How many ATG fighters who have tested positive in recent decades (Fury, Mosley, Jones Jr., Toney, Canelo) or have a heavy cloud of su****ion hanging over their heads (Holyfield, Mayweather, Marquez) should have their legacies questioned and how would their careers have played out without the PEDs?

Robinson, Pep, Greb, Moore, had durability that cannot be matched or rivaled by greats like Ray Leonard, Michael Spinks, De La Hoya, who had relatively short careers by comparison.

Comment

The guy who knocked out the GWOAT in sparring.

Comment

Working...
                    X