No announcement yet.

Robinson vs McClellan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slugfester View Post

I told you my reasons. What percentage of Robinson's opposition would Mcclellan destroy?
    Well considering Robinson had over 200 fights in a 25 year career, probably half?

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post

Well considering Robinson had over 200 fights in a 25 year career, probably half?
      I refuse to believe you are not kidding. I feel at least 80%, very conservatively. Probably 40-45% of Robby's opponents were welterweights, since you mention the number 200+. Mcclellan crushes all of them except probably Lamotta and possibly Gavilan, if you expect him to fight welterweights too. Many would succumb to the initial attack. To me it makes more sense to compare him with Robby's middleweight opposition.

Not to worry about the likes of Archer and Pender or Basilio or Jones. Giardello has a fair chance. Don't count Fullmer out. Maxim (LH) will not be stopped, but that does not mean that he will win, but might, since he could take the big punches of bigger men. Olson stands little chance

Robinson's Best Opponents, no order:

1 Archer
      2 Pender
      3 Giardello
      4 Dupas
      5 Fullmer
      6 Maxim
      7 Basilio
      8 Olson
      9 Jones
      10 Castellani
      11 Graziano
      12 Turpin
      13 LaMotta
      14 Basora
      15 Fusari
      16 Villemain
      17 Abrams
      18 Bell
      19 Levine
      20 Jannazo
      21 Angot
      22 Costner
      23 Bell
      24 Armstrong
      25 Servo
      26 Zivic

If you assume everyone I have listed beats Mcclellan, I just have to ask, where are the other 76 coming from?
      Last edited by Slugfester; 09-23-2023, 05:39 AM.

Comment

I refuse to believe you are not kidding. I feel at least 80%, very conservatively. Probably 40-45% of Robby's opponents were welterweights, since you mention the number 200+. Mcclellan crushes all of them except probably Lamotta and possibly Gavilan, if you expect him to fight welterweights too. Many would succumb to the initial attack. To me it makes more sense to compare him with Robby's middleweight opposition.

Not to worry about the likes of Archer and Pender or Basilio or Jones. Giardello has a fair chance. Don't count Fullmer out. Maxim (LH) will not be stopped, but that does not mean that he will win, but might, since he could take the big punches of bigger men. Olson stands little chance

1 Archer
        2 Pender
        3 Giardello
        4 Dupas
        5 Fullmer
        6 Maxim
        7 Basilio
        8 Olson
        9 Jones
        10 Castellani
        11 Graziano
        12 Turpin
        13 LaMotta
        14 Basora
        15 Fusari
        16 Villemain
        17 Abrams
        18 Bell
        19 Levine
        20 Jannazo
        21 Angot
        22 Costner
        23 Bell
        24 Armstrong
        25 Servo
        26 Zivic

If you assume everyone I have listed beats Mcclellan, I just have to ask, where are the other 76 coming from?
        Tell me not in mournful numbers.
        Life is but an empty dream!
        For the soul is dead who slumbers.
        And things are not what they seem.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post

- - U dog killer couldn't even amass 50 wins...duh

That's OK. We already figured you don't do math and logic as befits a persnickety quaffer of Ungutted FrenchFried Snails.

Comment

Okay. Then twenty lbs doesn't mean anything either.
            It won’t matter because him and Robby are still close enough in size. There are a lot of things that make up 10 lbs. like height for example. Fat, fake gym muscles or natural things like bone structure, tendons and natural muscle mass (muscles with larger attachments).

it’s not as simple as just weight.

Duran was 132 lbs in one of his early fights, 250+ watching a baseball game in 2003.

Comment

1 Archer
              2 Pender
              3 Giardello
              4 Dupas
              5 Fullmer
              6 Maxim
              7 Basilio
              8 Olson
              9 Jones
              10 Castellani
              11 Graziano
              12 Turpin
              13 LaMotta
              14 Basora
              15 Fusari
              16 Villemain
              17 Abrams
              18 Bell
              19 Levine
              20 Jannazo
              21 Angot
              22 Costner
              23 Bell
              24 Armstrong
              25 Servo
              26 Zivic

Fullmer, Lamotta, Giardello, Maxim and Archer all have good chances to beat McClellan. Even Turpin has a good shot. These are all real good middleweights. McClellan wasn’t sleeping legends.

out of that list I am almost positive Maxim beats Mclellan. Having not just a good chin but also great defense. Basically 2 factors working against mclellans best asset (power). Take that away he’s not really that special.
              Last edited by them_apples; 10-01-2023, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

Fullmer, Lamotta, Giardello, Maxim and Archer all have good chances to beat McClellan. Even Turpin has a good shot. These are all real good middleweights. McClellan wasnâÂÂt sleeping legends.

out of that list I am almost positive Maxim beats Mclellan. Having not just a good chin but also great defense. Basically 2 factors working against mclellans best asset (power). Take that away heâs not really that special.
                Uh, do you read?

So what? Not relevant to my list. I already said for argument's sake to assume everyone on the list of Robinson's best opponents could beat MCclellan. Maxim is on that list, so were Giardello, Turpin and Fullmer. Do you read? I still want to know where the other 70+ guys on Robinson's list that are going to mop the ring with MCclellan​ are going to be found (Ivich's speculation that half Robinson's opponents would beat MCclellan). No one said (especially me) that MCclellan would beat Maxim. So what's your kick, honey?

You had better read what I said again. Go to the post, put your index finger down and follow the print this time.

images.png zz0.x3gms28hjszz

Comment

Working...
                X