No announcement yet.

Robinson vs McClellan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robinson vs McClellan

Just wondering who folks think would have won this one. Many people do rank McClellan as one of the better middleweights ever. That is my justification and apology, wrapped up in one. Robinson vs McClellan.

Woo-hoo, what a shootout that could be.

G-Man was a great athlete with underrated boxing skills and hellacious power, but, I think the GOAT would hit him with that left when G-Man rushed in to go for the kill & stop him around round 9

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
      Woo-hoo, what a shootout that could be.

G-Man was a great athlete with underrated boxing skills and hellacious power, but, I think the GOAT would hit him with that left when G-Man rushed in to go for the kill & stop him around round 9
      They could both take it, so it could be a damaging fight for both if somebody doesn't go early. And we have to remember McClellan was not actually a middleweight.
      Last edited by Slugfester; 08-14-2023, 07:09 PM.

Comment

- - McC nowhere near Robby. One of the better fighters of his era is the best faint praise I can come up with.

Comment

I don't think we ever saw the best McClellan had to offer. He was a big puncher and I think Robinson has his hands full with him in the early to mid rounds, but overcomes the adversity by way of late round TKO. I know there was a slow build up for a McClellan/Jones fight which would have been huge had he not suffered a career ending brain injury.

Comment

Funny I would rather see a McCallum-SRR match-up. A great chess match; both with one punch power.

Comment

Okay, here we go. I'm going to get tore up for this. SRR was may have been the greatest p4p champion of all time. not the greatest MW of all time. He lost his title 4 times. Yes, he was very good. McClellan would bring the fire. If Fullmer could beat SRR with half the skill and power of McClellan. Who knows. Not saying he could beat Robinson just food for thought.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbig1 View Post
                Okay, here we go. I'm going to get tore up for this. SRR was may have been the greatest p4p champion of all time. not the greatest MW of all time. He lost his title 4 times. Yes, he was very good. McClellan would bring the fire. If Fullmer could beat SRR with half the skill and power of McClellan. Who knows. Not saying he could beat Robinson just food for thought.
                Fullmer beat the weathered version of Ray.
                joseph5620 joseph5620 mrbig1 mrbig1 like this.

Comment

that is true my friend. He did lose to Turpin just after winning the title. So, you can't rule the division If you lose 4 times. Great champion not the greatest MW of all time. So, can he beat McClellan. Maybe.

Comment

- - Two different Rays.

Pre heat prostration, and post heat prostration near death experience.

Post heat prostration beats post brain injury McC, see how easy that is? Pre heat prostration Ray beats McC, period. Different class of fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X