No announcement yet.

Foreman and Holmes: part deux!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreman and Holmes: part deux!!

In their second careers, who do you think was the better fighter, Holmes or Foreman? It's probably going to be popular to say Foreman because of the title winning Moorer stoppage. But until that point George had lost every second of that fight. Both had pretty good showings against Holyfield, though I would lean towards Holmes being better as he didn't have Big George's power. George was outclassed by Morrison and should have lost to Shultz. He should however have gotten the decision over Briggs.

Holmes had the walkover against Mercer and Ferguson and lost a thought decision for the WBC title against Oliver McCall. He also lost a close fight in Denmark against fringe contender and titlist Nielson.

If Larry had Foremans power there would be no doubt who' was better during their second career.

If George had Larry's boxing skills there would be no doubt who was better during their second career.

What say you? Either way, I think it's a very close comparison.
    Last edited by JAB5239; 06-22-2022, 08:00 PM.

Holmes the better career, Foreman the better success because of the lineal title win at such an advanced age, which I believe is still a record.
    The Old LefHook The Old LefHook likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Holmes the better career, Foreman the better success because of the lineal title win at such an advanced age, which I believe is still a record.
      That's a fair point. How do you think Holmes would have done against Moorer that night? I think he would have had a very good shot at beating Moorer.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

That's a fair point. How do you think Holmes would have done against Moorer that night? I think he would have had a very good shot at beating Moorer.
        Me too. Beats him my UD, keeping him at bay with that jab all night and throwing some rights mixed in.
        JAB5239 JAB5239 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          Anthony nailed it here.
          Willow The Wisp Willow The Wisp likes this.

Comment

- - I'd have whooped Lar had I known then just how miserable a heavy champ he would turn out to be, 0-6, 0 KO vs Standing champs holding a title won in the ring.

Won the WBC email title off Kenny by a fractional 0.017% point of total points scored with no lucrative rematch of their quality FOY to fight a succession of the weakest challengers in history for peanuts as a single belt holder in a multi belt era.

So U make up ToothFaerie cartoon matches to gush over U loser hero who dropped Rocky's Jock when the going got tough.

Embarrassing

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - I'd have whooped Lar had I known then just how miserable a heavy champ he would turn out to be, 0-6, 0 KO vs Standing champs holding a title won in the ring.

Won the WBC email title off Kenny by a fractional 0.017% point of total points scored with no lucrative rematch of their quality FOY to fight a succession of the weakest challengers in history for peanuts as a single belt holder in a multi belt era.

So U make up ToothFaerie cartoon matches to gush over U loser hero who dropped Rocky's Jock when the going got tough.

Embarrassing
              Must be easy for you to start drinking at 6am and hide behind the anonymity of the internet to bash was of the greatest heavyweights of all time. You're such a clasd act.
              The Old LefHook The Old LefHook likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by markusmod View Post

Anthony nailed it here.
                How do you think they'd be remembered had Foreman lost to Moorer that night?

Comment

Must be easy for you to start drinking at 6am and hide behind the anonymity of the internet to bash was of the greatest heavyweights of all time. You're such a clasd act.
                  - - I know U shamed of Lar 0-6, 0 KO record vs champions holding a title, so U go and make up a fantasy fight to give him a win?

???

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - I know U shamed of Lar 0-6, 0 KO record vs champions holding a title, so U go and make up a fantasy fight to give him a win?

???
                    You still drinking 14 hours later?

Where did I make up a fantasy fight? I think it's a very close comparison between the two. I don't however think many see it that way because they do t dig deep enough and only judging g on Foremans win over Moorer.

Here Queenie, I looked this up for you. Seek help.

https://www.aa.org/

Comment

Working...
                    X