Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I bet my posting rights on it - Yoka the real thing!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning ⚠️ Hyperbole Ahead:

This weekend, keep your eye on Tony Yoka. Watch the smooth, ultra disciplined boxing, and that crushing right hand. You saw it here first. Remember that. When the sun has set on the Fury-Wilder-Joshua-Ortiz-Ruiz Jr-Usyk-Parker-Whyte era, the historical bracket to follow features France's Yoka feasting on the bones of Joyce, Hrgovic, Sanchez, Wallin, Dubois, Anderson, Dychko, McKean, Franklin, Kean....
    and all the rest. If I'm wrong, find this thread after the fight and have at me! In the meantime, sit back and watch history unfold.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post
      Warning ⚠️ Hyperbole Ahead:

This weekend, keep your eye on Tony Yoka. Watch the smooth, ultra disciplined boxing, and that crushing right hand. You saw it here first. Remember that. When the sun has set on the Fury-Wilder-Joshua-Ortiz-Ruiz Jr-Usyk-Parker-Whyte era, the historical bracket to follow features France's Yoka feasting on the bones of Joyce, Hrgovic, Sanchez, Wallin, Dubois, Anderson, Dychko, McKean, Franklin, Kean....
      and all the rest. If I'm wrong, find this thread after the fight and have at me! In the meantime, sit back and watch history unfold.
      What the hell kind of a name is Yoka?

Sounds like a root vegetable used in a Hindu religious service. Or maybe a medieval weapon used to pull Kinights off horses.

This guy got a nick name?

Tony "The _______" Yoka

I dare you to come yo with one, I double dare you.

Luck to your guy; enjoy the night.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

What the hell kind of a name is Yoka?

Sounds like a root vegetable used in a Hindu religious service. Or maybe a medieval weapon used to pull Kinights off horses.

This guy got a nick name?

Tony "The _______" Yoka

I dare you to come yo with one, I double dare you.

Luck to your guy; enjoy the night.
        Ropa Dopa

Mocha

Smoka

Joka

Yeah that's pretty true.

Also he's French

I'm just playing, no real issue with French folk. France is cool.

Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

Yoka got battered. what the hell was up with those scorecards? One had it 94-94 and the other two close. It was 100-88 Bakole. Maybe if being very kind can find maybe 1 round for Yoka, R9 was quiet. The man hot hammered. All those judges must never judge again. Simple as that. Nash out.

Comment

Drop and give me twenty, Wispy.

I had a friend who really knew boxing. He believed in a guy early the way you believed in Yoka. The guy was Boone Kirkman. We know how that story went.

Comment

Looks like finding new talent ain't your thing, maybe get a day job.

Comment

Wispy did not say which real thing Yoka was supposed to be. Maybe he meant a real scrub.

Comment

I had picked Yoka to knock Bakole out early, go figure...

The only name that comes to mind after the fight is Audley Harrison.

Comment

dang, maybe he is actually too French.

Comment

Yoka has talent and Bracole is not mch better lol. Yoka needs to learn not to turtle up in front of the guy. It can only lead to bad things: You can be hit at will, the guy can see your defensive and ctch a break, or the guy can slam you into the ropes...Bad habit! The way to do that is like Amato taught: move forwrds!

Yoka also needs to sit down on his punches. Like many ammy guys, he punches for points, not to devistate. Alas at 30, fighting ten rounders... not going anywhere soon enough, but if he is a quick learner maybe so.

Comment

Working...
                      X