Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who can remember did most Boxing fans believe Mike Tyson was guilty of **** back in '91/'92?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who can remember did most Boxing fans believe Mike Tyson was guilty of **** back in '91/'92?

What was the sentiments of boxing fans when Tyson was both arrested and then convicted of **** in that period. That part of Mike's life is barely brought up anymore but it had to have been a massive story then and how were boxing fans divided on it?

I can only speak for me and I never thought he was guilty. On the stand though, who was the jury going to believe?
    mrbig1 mrbig1 likes this.

Comment

No.

Comment

General public . . . Yes!

Fight fans . . . Split.

Me . . . I think they were both telling the truth . . . He thought he was having *** with her, she thought she was being ****d!

I for some reason can't see Mike Tyson as a gentle, giving lover.

I don't think Tyson knows the great secret of seduction . . . pretend you're listening.
        Last edited by Willie Pep 229; 03-19-2022, 01:33 AM.
        The Old LefHook The Old LefHook likes this.

Comment

- - Lessee, DKing in charge of PsychMeds Mike's 50Mil retirement fund arranges a post-Givens divorce Tyson Public Appearance at the Miss Black America Beauty Pagent where he has a free run of gropes and fondles before his date with the beauty queen who follows him to his room knowing his intentions fits in with her intentions.

DKing arranges his personal TAX Attorney to represent Mike in a Criminal Court who in turn arranges for drugged up Mike to "testify" as to his innocence.

Hmmmm>>>>>Mike comes out of prison to find his retirement pension has "mysteriously" disappeared and he needs to fight to pay off the debt "he" incurred keeping house while in prison.

>>>>> to the most magnificently drawn out slow motion train wreck in history...only in boxing, folks...

Comment

I was too young but I know an older gent who folowed the whole thing at the time. Most boxing fans are not aware that Mike Tyson had been regularly involved in ***ual assault rumours for years before that with other women. I'm not sure how well-known the whole split with Teddy Atlas was with the reason being Tyson ***ually assaulting his young niece but I'm sure that didn't help. On top of that it was known that his marriage was abusive as well, and say what you want about Robin Givens being a C word, it's not exactly even odds in physical confrontations there.

It was really in the 2000s with the use of the internet is when Tyson fanboys were trying to retcon his history with the other ***.

-Teddy Atlas was the *******, not him. His 14 year old niece? Tyson dindu nuffin to her.
            -Robin Givens lied about all the abuse(untill Tyson admitted beating her up on the Oprah Show)
            -All the ***ual assault cases mentioned earlier simply were unknown online.
            -Desiree Washington having no credibility. This is a debate with two sides but of course camp Tyson thinks she's a liar, Tyson got totally screwed etc.

Basicely Tyson was an innocent sweetheart and everything about him hurting the other *** is a lie.

Now the internet has evolved and there's more info on everything. Pretty obvious to me he's a rapist. The signs were there early on in his youth, it progressed as he tasted power in his young adult life and peaked untill he went to prison for it.

Unlike what his fans might want you to believe especially now with his podcast, he was not a nice or smart guy. Still isn't, and he'll need to stay on meds for the rest of his life.
            landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
              I was too young but I know an older gent who folowed the whole thing at the time. Most boxing fans are not aware that Mike Tyson had been regularly involved in ***ual assault rumours for years before that with other women. I'm not sure how well-known the whole split with Teddy Atlas was with the reason being Tyson ***ually assaulting his young niece but I'm sure that didn't help. On top of that it was known that his marriage was abusive as well, and say what you want about Robin Givens being a C word, it's not exactly even odds in physical confrontations there.

It was really in the 2000s with the use of the internet is when Tyson fanboys were trying to retcon his history with the other ***.

-Teddy Atlas was the *******, not him. His 14 year old niece? Tyson dindu nuffin to her.
              -Robin Givens lied about all the abuse(untill Tyson admitted beating her up on the Oprah Show)
              -Desiree Washington having no credibility. This is a debate with two sides but of course camp Tyson thinks she's a liar, Tyson got totally screwed etc.

Basicely Tyson was an innocent sweetheart and everything about him hurting the other *** is a lie.

Now the internet has evolved and there's more info on everything. Pretty obvious to me he's a rapist. The signs were there early on in his youth, it progressed as he tasted power in his young adult life and peaked untill he went to prison for it.

Unlike what his fans might want you to believe especially now with his podcast, he was not a nice or smart guy. Still isn't, and he'll need to stay on meds for the rest of his life.
              He is nice if Ali is nice

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post

Nice post.

I remember reading a book about Tyson by Jose Torres, a D'Amato protege who spent time with Tyson, wherein he detailed how Tyson told him how he liked to hurt women ***ually. Torres went so far as to theorise that Tyson was latently homi***ual.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

Nice post.

I remember reading a book about Tyson by Jose Torres, a D'Amato protege who spent time with Tyson, wherein he detailed how Tyson told him how he liked to hurt women ***ually. Torres went so far as to theorise that Tyson was latently homi***ual.
                  I've heard the Tyson is *******ual rumors for a long time, but nobody has coughed up proof

Comment

I am 52. Remember every painful, unpleasent thing about Tyson's fall. He was self destructive and surrounded by enablers after he lost Cus. He became insulated. He became incoherent. He became rich and pampered to.

I believed it then, I believe it now. Pay no attention to revisionist history. The vast majority of non-Tyson fans believed it.

Comment

Working...
                    X