Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Prime Joe Louis vs Rocky Marcaino

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

louis had the better skills and talent, still the rock had the kind of power and determination that after losing / being beaten up for 10 rounds he could still knock u out. i think a prime louis would win every second of every round on the scorecard and still get KTFO'd at the end of the fight. all it takes with rocky is one shot, and he'd have lots of chances to land the big right hand

Comment

Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
      Marciano was probably the least agile of the ATG heavies, i never said Louis was a very agile heavy im just saying he was more agile than Marciano. Just a stat in a list like you did earlier, proving nothing.
      Louis was by far a better puncher, Marciano may have punched all night long but his punches were not as accurate as Louis' who also had a decent amount of power to back up his accuracy.
      Yeh a better defence than Marciano, who got bloody and battered in most of his fights and all of his "big" fights. An amateur also knows not to block most of your opponents punches with your face.

Size? he lacked the size to KO Rocky. I remember in other threads you getting very angry at people sayin Rocky was to small (only 185lbs) to knock out other ATG or punch as hard as Tyson, Foreman, Lewis, Liston, Shavers.....

Louis knocked out fighters way bigger than Rocky, e.g. Abe Simon and Primo Carnera. Louis had the power to KO Rocky.
      You mentioning agility between these two men is the most irrelevant thing you could have came up with.

Louis "by far" a better puncher? Great old school bias there, BY FAR even. Every punch Rocky hit you with had the same amount of power from round 1 till round 15. He was great on the inside as well as outside unlike Louis who needed space and create room for his fancy ko's.

If Marciano's defense was as bad as you say it was he would have been ko'd many times. Yet Louis the bumbeater couldn't even faze him once in their actual match. Rocky's defense was deceptive, there's plenty of vids proving your stereotype wrong.

And I mentioned size because i know that's ALL you care about. You in particular just compare the fighters' weights and see who wins in a matchup. That's YOUR thing mate, not me. So I mentioned the fact that Louis would not have a size advantage.

AGain Louis could not KO a more rusty and younger Rocky when he had just come out of a huge winning streak showing he never lost his power. Like I said, he couldn't even faze him while he ended up half murdered out of the ring through the ropes with his eyes rolling back.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
        You mentioning agility between these two men is the most irrelevant thing you could have came up with.

Louis "by far" a better puncher? Great old school bias there, BY FAR even. Every punch Rocky hit you with had the same amount of power from round 1 till round 15. He was great on the inside as well as outside unlike Louis who needed space and create room for his fancy ko's.

If Marciano's defense was as bad as you say it was he would have been ko'd many times. Yet Louis the bumbeater couldn't even faze him once in their actual match. Rocky's defense was deceptive, there's plenty of vids proving your stereotype wrong.

And I mentioned size because i know that's ALL you care about. You in particular just compare the fighters' weights and see who wins in a matchup. That's YOUR thing mate, not me. So I mentioned the fact that Louis would not have a size advantage.

AGain Louis could not KO a more rusty and younger Rocky when he had just come out of a huge winning streak showing he never lost his power. Like I said, he couldn't even faze him while he ended up half murdered out of the ring through the ropes with his eyes rolling back.
        I mentioned agility, among other things in a list just as you did. Just to show how useless it is doing that.
        Louis is a better puncher than Rocky, its not all about power. He was very accurate and when he had a guy hurt he got him out of there. Which is why he is #1 on the Ring Magazines list as the greatest puncher of all time. I am not bias towards the older fighters at all, my opinion changes due to the fighter and not whether they fought 50 or 10 years ago. I could always just do what you do: how come it took Rocky 8 rounds to knock out an old and past it Louis who retired in '48 and needed to pay his bills?. That fight cannot be considerd.
        You mentioned size because of me? you werent even replying to one of my posts when you mentioned that. You obviously dont know anything about my boxing views as size is not "everything" to me, i am a big Tyson fan and he wasnt the biggest heavyweight i would also favour Marciano over the majority (if not all) the giants of today. Thats an assumption you jumped to because i said Marciano couldnt beat Tyson (i think it was Tyson) so you got all offended.
        That last point is rediculous, how can not see Louis was past it! I think Rocky was near his best at that point, a year later he went on to Beat Jersey Joe Wallcott in a terrific fight

Comment

I favour louis in this match up but i dont think his chin is easier to get to than jersey joe walcott so it depends hjow well he recovers from a punch.

Comment

You're pretty clued up... But Please.. Stop sounding out 'Bum Beater"

In that case 'Rock' was the same.. Fought a lot of guys (past prime)

The kettle shouldn't call the pot, black! Truth is, "LOUIS defended against more bums than Marciano did"... No point in pickin bones, is there?

Comment

Louis by KO, he just had more power in my mind, the natural heavyweight with awesome power vs. the guy fighting bigger guys with awesome power.

Comment

He "beeez" retiyad a' 32 "cuz" "hiz" back "beeez" too injuhd. Nahbeezsayin?
                he wouldve had his back on the canvas if he continued at that age....you know i know the world knows it....

biggest wins over 37 year olds, how great...but i give him a fair chance against prime glass chin louis....

Comment

Originally posted by winky44 View Post
                  How does a prime Joe Louis fair against the Rock?????
                  Louis by stoppage from either cuts or accumulation. Rocky was tough, but Joe had fatal power and pin point accuracy. I've seen Joe's chin get questioned.....what a joke. Knockdowns mean little when you have the ability to get back up and finish your man. The only time he was kept down was before his prime had started, and after it was over.

Comment

Joe Louis himself said that Rocky would have beaten him even in his prime.

He said that he had trouble with Rockys style, that his crouch made it very hard for him to hit with the jab.

But then again Joe was a very humble man.

Id put my money on Rocky, this fight would be a tough one, and i have seen Joe put down by lesser men. my gut tells me Rocky would find away to win... thats how Rocky fought his whole life. Beating the odds.

Comment

Originally posted by 0Rooster4Life0 View Post
                      Joe Louis himself said that Rocky would have beaten him even in his prime.

He said that he had trouble with Rockys style, that his crouch made it very hard for him to hit with the jab.

But then again Joe was a very humble man.

Id put my money on Rocky, this fight would be a tough one, and i have seen Joe put down by lesser men. my gut tells me Rocky would find away to win... thats how Rocky fought his whole life. Beating the odds.
                      As was the Rock. I may be wrong, but Im pretty sure Rocky had said at one point that he could not have beaten a prime Louis. Either way.....both were class acts.

Comment

Working...
                      X