Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe by ko, rocky eats the canvas

Comment

Originally posted by billionaire View Post
      lol at that rocky cocksucka.....he retired at 32 with his busted up face he wouldve never made it to a title fight at 37.....truth is no one knows who would win in their prime but i give the edge to louis because he had better technique........
      well a 46 year old marciano would knock the **** out you boy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
        I mentioned agility, among other things in a list just as you did. Just to show how useless it is doing that.
        Louis is a better puncher than Rocky, its not all about power. He was very accurate and when he had a guy hurt he got him out of there. Which is why he is #1 on the Ring Magazines list as the greatest puncher of all time. I am not bias towards the older fighters at all, my opinion changes due to the fighter and not whether they fought 50 or 10 years ago. I could always just do what you do: how come it took Rocky 8 rounds to knock out an old and past it Louis who retired in '48 and needed to pay his bills?. That fight cannot be considerd.
        You mentioned size because of me? you werent even replying to one of my posts when you mentioned that. You obviously dont know anything about my boxing views as size is not "everything" to me, i am a big Tyson fan and he wasnt the biggest heavyweight i would also favour Marciano over the majority (if not all) the giants of today. Thats an assumption you jumped to because i said Marciano couldnt beat Tyson (i think it was Tyson) so you got all offended.
        That last point is rediculous, how can not see Louis was past it! I think Rocky was near his best at that point, a year later he went on to Beat Jersey Joe Wallcott in a terrific fight
        How the fook is it useless to compile a list of advantages both men have over each other?

I know you as a poster. Your lack of knowledge disables you every time from going into detail about the matchup. It's always a lame "--- win by stoppage. too strong or fast" whatever.

I say the comparison between them as punchers is very close. Marciano has some of the most brutal knockouts ever, and he had many of those. He was also accurate and every time he had a guy hurt he finished him. Just look at my avatar. The better puncher isn't going to decide the outcome of this match.

I simply believe this is bad styles match up for Louis. Rocky was always looking to make his fights an inside brawl, and this is not the way Louis flows in a fight. He doesn't have the space to get off and doesn't perform well under such pressure. This is why I mentioned size. he cannot get Rocky off him like a Foreman or Lewis could. He doesn't have a strength/size advantage like that so it's gonna be an inside brawl.

However, Louis was very good with SHORT punches. This is why I don't believe Rocky would completely dominate him. But he would catch up with Louis every time.

You simply need a great chin in ATG matchups. This is why I believe Louis would suffer badly against the greats.

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
        You're pretty clued up... But Please.. Stop sounding out 'Bum Beater"

In that case 'Rock' was the same.. Fought a lot of guys (past prime)

The kettle shouldn't call the pot, black! Truth is, "LOUIS defended against more bums than Marciano did"... No point in pickin bones, is there?
        Past prime yet still great fighters. Are you gonna discredit fighters who had wins over Ali, Tyson, Foreman etc because they were a bit past their best?

Louis has a terrible terrible record, simply laughable. No point in pickin bones indeed.
        Last edited by Slimey Limey; 07-01-2009, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
          How the fook is it useless to compile a list of advantages both men have over each other?

I know you as a poster. Your lack of knowledge disables you every time from going into detail about the matchup. It's always a lame "--- win by stoppage. too strong or fast" whatever.

I say the comparison between them as punchers is very close. Marciano has some of the most brutal knockouts ever, and he had many of those. He was also accurate and every time he had a guy hurt he finished him. Just look at my avatar. The better puncher isn't going to decide the outcome of this match.

I simply believe this is bad styles match up for Louis. Rocky was always looking to make his fights an inside brawl, and this is not the way Louis flows in a fight. He doesn't have the space to get off and doesn't perform well under such pressure. This is why I mentioned size. he cannot get Rocky off him like a Foreman or Lewis could. He doesn't have a strength/size advantage like that so it's gonna be an inside brawl.

However, Louis was very good with SHORT punches. This is why I don't believe Rocky would completely dominate him. But he would catch up with Louis every time.

You simply need a great chin in ATG matchups. This is why I believe Louis would suffer badly against the greats.

Past prime yet still great fighters. Are you gonna discredit fighters who had wins over Ali, Tyson, Foreman etc because they were a bit past their best?

Louis has a terrible terrible record, simply laughable. No point in pickin bones indeed.
          You should really wear a clown suit when you make these posts.

Poet

Comment

In his prime Louis had a pretty sound chin. He may have been dropped numerous times, but rarely knocked out. The reason he was knocked out against Max was due to under traning.

But big punchers like Bear, Galento, Walcott, all coundt KO Louis.

Marcaino was dropped a couple of times in his prime years. Do you think he had bad chin?

Speak sense for once.

Comment

Slimey Limey just seems to dicredit the legacy of Joe Louis and Ray Robinson every chance he gets. Maybe you should watch these videos of Louis and Robinson..........

Comment

Nice to see that I have a fan who has thoroughly studied the way I post. I guess I might as well just have you post instead of me from now on, saving me the trouble.

Comment

"Joe Couldn't handle Pressure fighters and didn't like to be crowded."

Well, how many boxers like to be crowded? Joe may not have liked to be crowded but he learned how to deal with it. Also note; Rocky said himself that he liked/needed to have "room" to get off his punches. Give Louis room and....

Here is a younger Louis who fought Godoy twice. Godoy applied heavy pressure to Louis. In the first match, Louis had trouble but still won. But in the second fight (and I wish they would show the full fight on youtube) he adapted. Marciano's best shot to beat Rocky is in the first match. Give a young Louis a second shot and your done. Louis's best was actually from when he won the title on. The loss to Max gave him reason to take every opponent serious. Post-WWII Louis was past prime and not so good.

First fight:

Now Joe adapts in the rematch:

Notice the difference between when Joe "boxes" and when Joe "fights." Same happened to Max.

And Louis's chin being "glass" is overrated. Count how many punches Max landed on Louis and how many rounds it took Max to knockout Joe. And how many times has Joe been KO'd in his long career? TWICE. Once against Max and the other when he was Shot and fought Marciano.

This is Joe Louis:

ALSO NOTE THAT LOUIS COMPENSATED FULL POWER FOR SHORT FAST PUNCHES IN COMBINATIONS THAT WOULD ACCUMALATE MORE THAN ONE BIG PUNCH. WHEN HE PULLED BACK WITH FULL FORCE, DELIVERING ONE BIG SHOT, HIS POWER WAS MUCH GREATER AND THAT IS WHEN YOU SEE OPPONENTS SPINNING AROUND.
                  Last edited by Benny Leonard; 07-01-2009, 12:44 PM.

Comment

65 wins (51 KO's) (more than Marciano)

3 defeats (less than Ali)

26 consecutive title defenses (more than anyone)

75% KO ratio

And this is a terrible record.. I sincerely believe that the best part of you ran down your Mothers leg....

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                      I sincerely believe that the best part of you ran down your Mothers leg....
                      His Mommy should be slapped for not swallowing

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X