Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Prime Joe Louis vs Rocky Marcaino

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that Marciano was extremely technical puncher. There are many sides to punching, the thing which Marciano excelled was getting his body weight in his punches, I have never seen anybody throwing bomb after bomb with such body weight after them. That is too technique. He was a swarmer with slugger type of punching power, that is a really frightening combination... He did know how to pace himself to keep punching constantly hard hits. He was the pinnacle of power hitting, extremely hard and extremely often.

Comment

Entertaining troops.... Sounds ominous....

Wonder if the aunt 'got it' en'all.....

Comment

Fine post, Uncle Sam.. That's exactly what he had & it made up for his disadvantages in size & speed.. I say speed, but no body was faster 'in the trenches', so to speak.. My argument would depend on whether Marciano could take a prime Louis to those trenches.. Schmelling done it, & that, in my opinion, was the only advantage Rock holds over Louis.. My reason being, that Louis suffered a defeat inside of 49 fights..
        Louis's reason being, that he didn't take Max seriously (at first) & underestimated him.. Sure.. We've all heard that one before! Louis then promised to do the biz next time, & did it brutally by quick KO..
        I'm very confident Louis would'a taken a prime Marciano a damn site more seriously, & when you consider the superior resume over 64 fights, the extra reach, the superior generalmanship, & equal power in both hands, I don't think Marciano quite cuts it.. With regard to Rocky, I'd say he had a slight edge with heart & chin, but Louis's hands were much faster.. With regard to footwork & conditioning, they were pretty even... All said and done, Louis takes it by late TKO......
        Last edited by mickey malone; 07-06-2009, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X