Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What athletes from other sports may have been good boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Do U minder know U escaped U BarneyBigBoys?
    Condemns Bowe for taking his family in a misguided attempt at reconciliation. Excuses Robinson for beating the snot out of his wife for years. BRILLIANT!!!!

Comment

Alberto Juantorena looked like a perfect light-heavyweight / cruiserweight to me.

Last edited by Tatabanya; 09-27-2022, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by markusmod View Post

Anderson Silva.... wait one second....
        Good pick. He's 3-1 in boxing so far and set to fight Jake Paul in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

Good pick. He's 3-1 in boxing so far and set to fight Jake Paul in a few weeks.
          And some have him as the betting favorite over Paul

Comment

Lance "Juice" Armstrong for his outstanding stamina.

Comment

Overeem

Hari

Ignoshov

I'll say Michael Jordan only because that dude's will to win was amazing. I don't think you can watch basketball and get any real idea of how a dude fights but MJ's drive makes me think he could have done well in any sport he was driven to do well in. People give him **** for his baseball but if you compare him to others at his experience he was exceptional in that sport too.

That's it for me. I got three Kickboxers and the BBall GOAT.

Oh, Semmy too.

-Marchegiano

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterian View Post
                Overeem

Hari

Ignoshov

I'll say Michael Jordan only because that dude's will to win was amazing. I don't think you can watch basketball and get any real idea of how a dude fights but MJ's drive makes me think he could have done well in any sport he was driven to do well in. People give him **** for his baseball but if you compare him to others at his experience he was exceptional in that sport too.

That's it for me. I got three Kickboxers and the BBall GOAT.

Oh, Semmy too.

-Marchegiano
                - - Jordan put in the B league where a host of minor lifers serve serve. In my baseball book I compare him to a friend of mine and approx contemporary Matt Miller who posted excellent traditional numbers and never got a big league look.

Deion Sanders and Bo Jackson fellow NFL contemporaries all post much higher # than Jordan with Bo smoking Deion who couldn't match Bo Power stats.

Jordan spent a lifetime and million$ trying to perfect his golf game, and at the time of my book, top three Celebrity tour athletes were #1 MLB pitcher Rick Rhoden, #2 NFL punter Craig Hentrich, with Big Mac McGwire #3 and Jordan #35. Penny Hardaway the first BB player was #22.

Jordan prima donna the opposing players would part the Red Sea so he could have a clear path to the basket where a single pinky might draw the 3 point foul shot. Wilt coulda grabbed him up wif one hand and dribbled a basketball down court faster than the opposition and slam dunked his noggin that brings down the whole backboard...yer welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Jordan put in the B league where a host of minor lifers serve serve. In my baseball book I compare him to a friend of mine and approx contemporary Matt Miller who posted excellent traditional numbers and never got a big league look.

Deion Sanders and Bo Jackson fellow NFL contemporaries all post much higher # than Jordan with Bo smoking Deion who couldn't match Bo Power stats.

Jordan spent a lifetime and million$ trying to perfect his golf game, and at the time of my book, top three Celebrity tour athletes were #1 MLB pitcher Rick Rhoden, #2 NFL punter Craig Hentrich, with Big Mac McGwire #3 and Jordan #35. Penny Hardaway the first BB player was #22.

Jordan prima donna the opposing players would part the Red Sea so he could have a clear path to the basket where a single pinky might draw the 3 point foul shot. Wilt coulda grabbed him up wif one hand and dribbled a basketball down court faster than the opposition and slam dunked his noggin that brings down the whole backboard...yer welcome.
                  Deion and Bo are both great names to add.

Comment

Originally posted by markusmod View Post

And some have him as the betting favorite over Paul
                    I sure hope so. The Paul brothers come off as smug little bastards that need to be knocked down a peg. Kind of funny they have one of them facing Roman Reigns for the world title. You know some fans are gonna be rooting for him to get superman punched, speared and knocked out lol. Just like when The Miz turned on Logan at Wrestlemania this year and when he took a stunner from Kevin Owens last year.
                    Mysterian Mysterian likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterian View Post

Deion and Bo are both great names to add.
                      Herchel Walker. Incredible athlete, 1992 bobsled Olympian, NFL running back, 5th degree Tae Kwon do black belt and 2-0 professional MMA fighter. Walker is a physical specimen with the right mentality.

Comment

Working...
                      X