Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What athletes from other sports may have been good boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Herchel Walker. Incredible athlete, 1992 bobsled Olympian, NFL running back, 5th degree Tae Kwon do black belt and 2-0 professional MMA fighter. Walker is a physical specimen with the right mentality.
    I forgot about Walker's little MMA stint. That was impressive. Aged and all he still had more athleticism than most folks ever do their whole life, Bet that guy has loads of aches!

Excellent post

-Marchegiano
    JAB5239 JAB5239 likes this.

Comment

OJ, even without a knife.

Bo Jackson and Herschel Walker are good picks.

Lyle Alzado didn't do horribly against Ali, I think he had an amateur boxing background.

Reggie Jackson was strong and athletic, I think he could have trained to be a fighter if he wanted to go that route.

I don't follow hockey, but I imagine there were some badass players in the league who could scrap.

Mysterian Mysterian likes this.

Comment

Bo Jackson without question. Speed and power.

Comment

Someone who excels at Calcio Storico. Likely even better at MMA. There has to be a certain level of distorted machismo in these guys or maybe they're just stupid. But if you want to turn a guy into a fighter fast these guys would make a great pool to recruit from.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbig1 View Post

- - Hip replacements = short career.

Frank Chance MLB HOFer playing first base where many of the biggest sluggers originate likely holds the single franchise winning % record for managing(The Cubs.)

He boxed in the off season at the Olympic Club and was thought quite highly of by JL and Corbett who didn't sing praises easily.

6'-200 lb natural heavywt.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbig1 View Post
              Bo Knows Boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by markusmod View Post

Bo Knows Boxing?
                He can learn.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  OJ, even without a knife.

Bo Jackson and Herschel Walker are good picks.

Lyle Alzado didn't do horribly against Ali, I think he had an amateur boxing background.

Reggie Jackson was strong and athletic, I think he could have trained to be a fighter if he wanted to go that route.

I don't follow hockey, but I imagine there were some badass players in the league who could scrap.

- - Didn't know poor fielders soon to hold all time strikeout record demoted to DH were good athletes.

Comment

You know, I’ve wondered if Thomas Hearns would make a good basket ball player. Being decently tall with really good reach would certainly help.

Comment

Which division would Carl Lewis be in?

Comment

Working...
                      X