Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Can Golovkin Win a Decision Over Canelo Alvarez in Vegas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catrin View Post
    LOL you weren't loved Much as a child were you...
    let me know the city you live in, I can get you a number for a Suicide Hotline.
    I was loved very much and lived in a privileged area and attended all white private schools. Thankfully my educated parents shielded us kids from being exposed or infected by those not as fortunate and doomed to failure and poverty. Get it?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
      I ain't so confident now with these judges, GGG absolutely has to stop Canelo, been watching a few of his fights again lately and I'm concerned by his conditioning, he looked slow and sluggish his last few fights, Monroe, Brook and Jacobs, like it or not Golovkin is aged he should still stop Canelo but this ain't a prime version of GGG now, he's wasted too much time feasting on bums waiting to cash out.
      i tought i was the only one who noticed that, to me it was more evident in the second half of the jacobs fight, i could almost said there was a bit of frustration and his power wasnt the same, he did hit jacobs flush a few times and jacobs came back at him asking for more...

Comment

Not sure if posted yet, but here's what Bud thinks:

Comment

Originally posted by bluemax View Post
          The mere fact that just about everyone thinks GGG cannot win a decision against Canelo no matter what happens in the ring says a lot about boxing that most fans already know. The scoring is corrupt and records like Mayweather's are baloney. Boxing is just about as phoney as wrestling when it comes to winners and losers. Judges who score for a winner no one agrees with anywhere are just left to continue judging more fights for a reason. They play ball! This is going to be a hard fight for both fighters but GGG is left with much fewer options as I'm sure he well knows that his only chance of winning this fight is by knockout or a complete beat down to escape with a close win whereas Canelo just has to survive to have a good chance to win a decision. Those who control this corrupt system knows Canelo is the popular of the two and the young money guy. They also know that the majority of Canelo fans will agree with the outcome as long as in the end Canelo is made the winner then the media will be used to legitimize the win. A real crappy system
          Just about everyone? No matter what happens in the ring? You're making some wide sweeping assumptions.

To me, it just feels like the Golovkin fans are preparing the corruption excuse in case he loses a decision. Particularly since he just barely won a close decision against Jacobs.

Golovkin best chance to win is by KO, but for boxing reasons too. Alvarez has the better tactical team. He has the benefit of the Brook, Stevens and Lemieux film. Can Golovkin pick up anything from Khan or Mayweather. Maybe Smith. Bottom line decisions favor the guy with the most tools in his tool bag and that's Alvarez. It will take knock downs for Golovkin to win a decision.

Comment

what about GGG's body attack? everyone talking about canelo's but GGG can bang the body too, and he does an excellent job

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
              i tought i was the only one who noticed that, to me it was more evident in the second half of the jacobs fight, i could almost said there was a bit of frustration and his power wasnt the same, he did hit jacobs flush a few times and jacobs came back at him asking for more...
              You're both on point. Getting countered or missing frustrates and tires every fighter.

Comment

Dunno about the judges. There is so much scrutiny and talk about them favouring Canelo that it puts some pressure on them to be seen NOT favouring Canelo, so could end up surprising people.

CJ Ross giving a draw in Mayweather/Canelo ended up being the end of her career.

If it is a close run affair over 12, the safest thing the judges can do is score it a draw. That would require some nifty footwork though as it would mean they have to have it 6-5 for someone going into the 12th, then be able to give the 12th to the other. A draw is a 'house win' too as they all get to do it again and get another pay-day.

But anyway, I suspect it won't be a close 12 round affair.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                  I think it's age, desire, conditioning. He ain't the same as he was against the like of Stevens and Murray, as he was versus Brook and Monroe, I don't care what anyone says Brook ain't as good as any of the earlier guys he fought after 2011, I've followed Golovkin on K2 cards since near day dot and only distances myself after he picked up all the weird fan boys after his HBO deal really began to roll. Their is a notable decline, ain't like he could have been frustrated with the pedigree of his opposition as he's still been paid more than a million against the like of Wade and Rubio, I think he's wasted his prime years waiting and stepping aside for fees, chasing all the belts having to face guys like Rubio, Murray and Macklin has done nothing for his legacy only his bank account.

This all said it's really meaningless whether he wins or loses Saturday, all he has to do is show up and he's achieved the crest his careeer has been leading to, he's secured his family and great grand children's futures.

I'm absolutely certain he's there to win and will be super prepared, not sure e gets the decision though as he seems to have been head hunting a lot versus Brook and not investing to the body as much as he was earlier, if he don't go to the body early Canelo ain't slowing later, I'm regal reservations if this ones to points on GB card a promoter I consider the dirtiest in boxing, a Mexican in Vegas with Byrd judging who is notoriously known to favour home fighters, the other two judges hardly fill me with confidence either.

I'm all in points versus Larrry but starting to wonder if it's a wise move, I was convinced Golovkin stops him and takes it out the judges hands but with his evident decreasing stamina who really knows. I'm starting to see this as a 50/50 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
                    Dunno about the judges. There is so much scrutiny and talk about them favouring Canelo that it puts some pressure on them to be seen NOT favouring Canelo, so could end up surprising people.

CJ Ross giving a draw in Mayweather/Canelo ended up being the end of her career.

If it is a close run affair over 12, the safest thing the judges can do is score it a draw. That would require some nifty footwork though as it would mean they have to have it 6-5 for someone going into the 12th, then be able to give the 12th to the other. A draw is a 'house win' too as they all get to do it again and get another pay-day.

But anyway, I suspect it won't be a close 12 round affair.
                    Who do you favour the clear victor ?

Good point regarding Ross, though I personally feel Byrd is nearly as shady not quite though haha

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                      what about GGG's body attack? everyone talking about canelo's but GGG can bang the body too, and he does an excellent job
                      Golovkin's jab is as heavy as any power punch Canelo has ever faced in the ring, by a wide margin, evading the jab is only the beginning. Golovkin should have this with his punch variety coupled with Canelo awful footwork.

Comment

Working...
                      X