Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Can Golovkin Win a Decision Over Canelo Alvarez in Vegas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluemax View Post
    The mere fact that just about everyone thinks GGG cannot win a decision against Canelo no matter what happens in the ring says a lot about boxing that most fans already know. The scoring is corrupt and records like Mayweather's are baloney. Boxing is just about as phoney as wrestling when it comes to winners and losers. Judges who score for a winner no one agrees with anywhere are just left to continue judging more fights for a reason. They play ball! This is going to be a hard fight for both fighters but GGG is left with much fewer options as I'm sure he well knows that his only chance of winning this fight is by knockout or a complete beat down to escape with a close win whereas Canelo just has to survive to have a good chance to win a decision. Those who control this corrupt system knows Canelo is the popular of the two and the young money guy. They also know that the majority of Canelo fans will agree with the outcome as long as in the end Canelo is made the winner then the media will be used to legitimize the win. A real crappy system
    And if you know this... so does Abel and ggg so they need to fight accordingly! No one told them to wait till he is 35 to fight a real fight. That's all backfiring on them now. Canelo been fighting big name fighters his whole career even stepping in with high risk low reward boring a.ss Lara. And he got the w wether you or anyone agrees don't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      What should have been a article is can Jacobs win a decision over golovkin before a Canelo fight?
      Lmao the irony! All gggroupies crying robbery before the fight even starts when their boy just came off a controversial win lol. Maybe ggg gets beat soundly and he gets the decision, bet they won't cry then.

Comment

End the Corruption

for the life of me I can't understand WHY boxing doesn't post the score after every round. That would eliminate a ton tampering with the score cards and allow a boxer who is being jobbed at least the knowledge to know he has to go for the KO.

Scoring as it is done right now in no way benefits the actual participants.

Wrestling, JuJitsu, Tae Kwan Do, Judo, Amateur Boxing all make the scoring available in real time to the spectator and the participant. At the very least the boxer has the chance to make an adjustment or know that he needs a KO.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
          GGG needs a knockout. Either that or drop Canelo a few times and leave absolutely no room for anything but a GGG decision. That's just how it goes. I think even Canelo fans can agree that any close round is going to him. He pretty much lost every minute of every round v Floyd and still got a draw on one card. Golden Boy have some clout with the judges, no doubt. Make no mistake, Floyd was on for being robbed in that one if it wasn't so utterly one sided.

In all seriousness though, it's kind of terrible we even have to question things like this in boxing.
          The truth right here! If you can't see that, you are a blind sheep!

Comment

I ain't so confident now with these judges, GGG absolutely has to stop Canelo, been watching a few of his fights again lately and I'm concerned by his conditioning, he looked slow and sluggish his last few fights, Monroe, Brook and Jacobs, like it or not Golovkin is aged he should still stop Canelo but this ain't a prime version of GGG now, he's wasted too much time feasting on bums waiting to cash out.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
              Golovkin/Jacobs? If you look at all the polls afterwards and how the boxing writers had it, the judges pretty much nailed it.

About 30% had it for Jacobs, about 62% had it for Golovkin (the press had this closer than Ward/Kovalev I).

If you look at the Ward/Kovalev and Golovkin/Jacobs judging, there is one area of consistency - the judges gave it to the one who out-jabbed the other (Ward out-jabbed Kovalev, Golovkin out-jabbed Jacobs by a 3-1 margin. Kovalev landed more power punches, Jacobs landed more power punches).

Lots of uncertainties in this fight, but Canelo's jab stats in past fights are relatively low, while his power-punch stats are relatively high. Golovkin's punch stats are relatively high in both jab and power-punch. But the jab stats from the Golovkin that showed up against Jacobs and Lemoo were off the scale, and no reason to think this fight won't be the same.

Early fight its going to be Golovkin jab and Canelo slipping the jab to land to the body (power-punch), so pattern likely to repeat in this fight.

Will judges go with the jabber again ? Canelo/Trout and Canelo/Lara they didn't (as both Trout and Lara out-jabbed Canelo). Mayweather out-jabbed Canelo by about the same multiple that Golovkin out-jabbed Jacobs (139/44), and also landed more power punches (93/73) but Moretti still gave Canelo 4 rounds.

For sure, Canelo relies more on power punches than jab. His ratio of thrown power-punches/thrown jabs is consistently high.

Jacobs was an elusive target, as was Trout/Mayweather/Lara (people like Brook, Lemoo, Cotto, JCC not so elusive), and if you look at those fights vs 'movers', Golovkin threw more power punches vs Jacobs than Canelo did against any of Lara/Mayweather/Trout. Also landed at a higher percentage.

Put it all together, and if history repeats:
              1) Golovkin will out-jab Canelo around 3-1
              2) they will throw around the same number of power shots
              3) landed % of power shots might be around the same

That last one is tricky as Golovkin historically lands a higher % power shots than Canelo, but historically Canelo gets hit by a lower % of power shots than does Golovkin. If you look at the history, no reason to think it won't even out a bit.

If you then give the power edge to Golovkin (reasonable assumption), if ti goes to points, it should be a Golovkin fight.
              I kinda like your post, but you adressing my post with Jacobs vs Golovkin is off the mark. I mean since when was Jacobs a North American star?

Comment

Golovkin won one in Jacobs home town so why not.

Comment

No disrespect top the sport of Boxing! but GGG should leave nothing to the judges...
                  CANT WAIT@!@!!!

Comment

Commie ggg needs a KO to beat Canelo in Vegas no doubt

No slimy communist like ggg is getting a decision win over Canelo in Vegas. Granted Canelo is a low mexican but a commie is lower than that. Look for a screwed up decision win for Canelo if the fight goes 12 rounds. Si??

Comment

Originally posted by OmarRueben View Post
                      No slimy communist like ggg is getting a decision win over Canelo in Vegas. Granted Canelo is a low mexican but a commie is lower than that. Look for a screwed up decision win for Canelo if the fight goes 12 rounds. Si??
                      LOL you weren't loved Much as a child were you...
                      let me know the city you live in, I can get you a number for a Suicide Hotline.

Comment

Working...
                      X