Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: I'm The Cash Cow In The 130-Pound Division!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    You're an adult at 18! However, that's not the same as being in your prime. I think the problem with the criticism of Tank's career is not that it's not legitimate, but it's not applied equally! For instance, what was GGG doing at 25? Fighting Simon Mokoena, Siarhei Khamitski, and Mehdi Boudla! Remember GGG was an Olympic Silver Medalist! Lomachenko's first pro fight was at age 25! This is someone who won Olympic Gold TWICE! So why does Tank have to "do more" at 25, than they did? Even Andre Ward was not as successful as Tank at 25! The Super Six started when he was 25! He turned pro 5 years before that! He also was an Olympic Gold Medalist! So again, it seems we allow some fighters time to grow and mature, and others we criticize at very early ages!
    Davis is that good and real boxing fans know that. That's the reason he's held to a different standard. Who's really criticizing Stevenson, Haney, Lopez, and Ryan Garcia as much, for example?

Most name guys are fighting bums too.

I agree with some of the legit critics, however. He needs to step it up above Pedraza. Hopefully, Nunez presents some scare.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
      Davis is that good and real boxing fans know that. That's the reason he's held to a different standard. Who's really criticizing Stevenson, Haney, Lopez, and Ryan Garcia as much, for example?

Most name guys are fighting bums too.

I agree with some of the legit critics, however. He needs to step it up above Pedraza. Hopefully, Nunez presents some scare.
      hes held to the same standards as everyone else. he is fighting worse competition than just about any champ in boxing. those guys you mentioned aren't champs so its not the same standard.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        ggg had no american tv or high powered promoter backing him at that point. tank davis is headlining american cards on pbc/showtime etc... lomachenko fought the #2 guy in his second pro fight. tank has never even fought a top 5 guy to date. ward wasnt champion until he fought kessler. tanks been champ for 2 and a half years and is still fighting bums.
        The bold: C'mon now, man. What was Pedraza? Undefeated IBF champ (I wanna puke mentioning a belt org.)? Davis trashed him, unlike Lomachenko who went life and death with him.

Be fair. No misinformation needed. The fans here are more educated than that. Why not critique his skills? Let's see how that goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
          gtfo...Canelo two years ago was a kid then. Sounds crazy huh?

In boxing mid 20's is the beginning of your prime.
          I agree he's in his prime now. The heavy weight in between fights and non-discipline will be his downfall.

Comment

Originally posted by charliepaerker View Post
            This dude let his woman put hands on him on social media. He's a lame and that's all he'll ever be
            Watch him in the ring. Shouldn't we all care only about his boxing? Lames and cowards don't decapitate trained, professional fighters in the ring? We aren't a bunch of females who came here to gossip. If that's your thing, tho, kudos.

Real lions are usually tame in their homes, with their kids.

Comment

The bold: C'mon now, man. What was Pedraza? Undefeated IBF champ (I wanna puke mentioning a belt org.)? Davis trashed him, unlike Lomachenko who went life and death with him.

Be fair. No misinformation needed. The fans here are more educated than that. Why not critique his skills? Let's see how that goes.
              he wasn't top 5.

you are the misinformed one and no they are not more educated. do more research please. pedraza-cherry was universally recognized as a robbery so pedraza was lucky to even be in the top 10. here is where he was ranked right before hte davis fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                LOL that's like saying you're the smartest retard in a special ed classroom. Of course, he's the cash cow at 130... no one is fighting there. The only other relevant fighter is Miguel Berchelt and he might be like the least popular among Mexican fans. His last fight did horrible ratings.

135 is where the big boys are.
                135 is just as trash. Who is there other than Lomachenko? That division is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  he wasn't top 5.

you are the misinformed one and no they are not more educated. do more research please. pedraza-cherry was universally recognized as a robbery so pedraza was lucky to even be in the top 10. here is where he was ranked right before hte davis fight.

Cherry. You are hopeless. Goodnight.

Comment

I mean okay. I can't argue with him & I'm ultimately a fan, but being the money guy at 130 these days is like being the sexy girl at the cleft palate surgery recovery center.

Comment

Cherry. You are hopeless. Goodnight.
                      you said pedraza was top 5 but yet there are the rankings. not top 5. explain why you said that?

Comment

Working...
                      X