Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: I'm The Cash Cow In The 130-Pound Division!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    goddamn man, when is somebody an adult?!?

in boxing?

definitely depends.

most of the tall HW don't relaly start to fill out until their mid 20's, and it can take the rest of the 20's to do it. think wladimir, lennox lewis.

compact guys are usually in their physical primes by their late teens / early 20's. think mike tyson, fernando vargas, every great bantamweight ever.

davis is 100% in his prime, however. the guy is not going to have the style or the lenght for 140 or 147. 130 and 135 is where he will do his best work, and he will not be there forever. it's plain as day that they've avoided lomachenko to try and stretch out davis undefeated record and give length to his career.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
      Dude...... Mid 20's is still a kid.
      At what age can he start taking dangerous fight? What age is he not a kid anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        i want to know who is letting this idiot near a device that can record his words. he's one of the dumbest boxers i have ever seen. the sense of entitlement from this dude is f#cking staggering.

sucks, because davis can fight. he has power and he's extremely accurate. but inactivity ruins fighters. ruins them. davis would be a heck of a lot better if he was able to fight 3x a year.
        No hate but he is truly one dumb mfer. Broner sound very smart next to him. He looks very slow.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
          No hate but he is truly one dumb mfer. Broner sound very smart next to him. He looks very slow.
          broner is a charismatic / seemingly intelligent dude who grew up in a bad neighborhood and who makes bad decisions even as an adult. i also think he's "lost it" a little bit in the light of how far he's fallen from where he thought he'd be; the next floyd.

davis is actually a dumb mfer from what it sounds like, and i'm surprised his punching is so nuanced because frankly i didn't think he had that kind of brainpower in him.

Comment

pedraza-25k

fonseca-35k

ruiz-100k

lets wait to see how much this unknown nunez guy is making but my guess is 100k or less. they are just funneling the money into their pockets with bum fights who will fight for cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              broner is a charismatic / seemingly intelligent dude who grew up in a bad neighborhood and who makes bad decisions even as an adult.
              I read somewhere a while back that Broner had extremely high grades in school.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                pedraza-25k

fonseca-35k

ruiz-100k

lets wait to see how much this unknown nunez guy is making but my guess is 100k or less. they are just funneling the money into their pockets with bum fights who will fight for cheap.

i didn't realize his opponents' purses were so low. that's how they're making their margins. that's pathetic. no decent opponent will fight for that kind of money.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  I read somewhere a while back that Broner had extremely high grades in school.
                  What is it about African Americans choosing to become stereotypes?

Comment

Uhh no you're not. Never paid shiiit to watch you bumslay.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      goddamn man, when is somebody an adult?!?
                      You're an adult at 18! However, that's not the same as being in your prime. I think the problem with the criticism of Tank's career is not that it's not legitimate, but it's not applied equally! For instance, what was GGG doing at 25? Fighting Simon Mokoena, Siarhei Khamitski, and Mehdi Boudla! Remember GGG was an Olympic Silver Medalist! Lomachenko's first pro fight was at age 25! This is someone who won Olympic Gold TWICE! So why does Tank have to "do more" at 25, than they did? Even Andre Ward was not as successful as Tank at 25! The Super Six started when he was 25! He turned pro 5 years before that! He also was an Olympic Gold Medalist! So again, it seems we allow some fighters time to grow and mature, and others we criticize at very early ages!

Comment

Working...
                      X