No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin vs. Steve Rolls Finalized For June 8, MSG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
    I'm not DAZN. I don't care about that shit.

Show me any REAL fans, not fanboys, who want this fight. Look at this thread. Find me one poster who can't wait for Canelo-GGG III.

Cheers, bro.
    I like to think I'm a real fan, 'do I want this fight ?', not really, but I understand it and tolerate it as I understand how it fits into DAZNs need to generate marquis fights.

Canelo v Jacobs is one payoff they got already, but whats next ? Stop and think of the money they've thrown at Golovkin for a moment and you know one has to include him, and that can only be GGG v Jacobs or Canelo. This fight has to be as low a risk as possible - hence Rolls (or previously Adams).

DAZN is a business and knows what we know, Golovkin is getting old and a GGG - Canelo III stands a high chance of Golovkin getting dominated and retiring, ie DAZN gets just the one marquis fight out of him. They'll be hoping for two (ie he has enough left to still be competitive), but preparing for one.

Anyone thinking this Rolls fight isn't just a pawn move is missing the plot. All I admire is that someone managed to find the perfect opponent who met the criteria of 'looks good on paper, preferably undefeated, who doesn't stand a hope in hell'.

Comment

• Absolute tin can chosen, but will give him the benefit of the doubt due to it obviously being a showcase fight, Canelo fought Fielding (who's no better) for his first DAZN fight, so I suppose it's fair, if he can't get the rematch in September and then elects to fight another bum, Golovkin will have no legs to stand on in terms of critique.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
        It's obvious they are setting up the trilogy and rightfully so dazn is not paying these guys to fight tune ups all the time! clenelo already had his against that tomato can at 168 now GGG will have his against rolls! GGG vs clenelo 3 in sept!
        thank you, someone understands

Comment

• Originally posted by cally93 View Post
          Absolute tin can chosen, but will give him the benefit of the doubt due to it obviously being a showcase fight, Canelo fought Fielding (who's no better) for his first DAZN fight, so I suppose it's fair, if he can't get the rematch in September and then elects to fight another bum, Golovkin will have no legs to stand on in terms of critique.
          Fielding was a world champion at a higher weight class. And it was 12 weeks after the GGG rematch

That's a stark contrast to a 10 month layoff for someone who says "I won the rematch". Than why is Canelo fighting CHAMPIONS and you're fighting Vanes again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
            Well we agree about the first fight but not the other two, but we will just have to agree to disagree lol.
            This fight feels so good for dic.k suckers like you. Having to eat dic.k like your girl Borat

#BoratLogic

Comment

• Boxing1013 is the new Spoon23

This is priceless XD XD XD

Be careful of you quote me 1013. When I go in I use no lube XD XD

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                Fielding was a world champion at a higher weight class. And it was 12 weeks after the GGG rematch

That's a stark contrast to a 10 month layoff for someone who says "I won the rematch". Than why is Canelo fighting CHAMPIONS and you're fighting Vanes again?
                Lol we classing regular belts as world champions now...do you know the one of the legit World champions of 168, Callum Smith blasted fielding out in one round like three years ago, its not impressive.

Fielding is a bum, there's no two ways about it, it was far from a knock on Canelo, I was merely stating that for the first fight of their deals, DAZN obviously allow them easy touches, as I mentioned if the 3rd fight doesn't happen and Golovkin opts for an easy touch again, fans will have every right to criticise him.

I'll be shocked personally if DAZN allow him constant easy touches considering the money they're giving him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
                  this is simply to set up a fight with Clenelo in Sep
                  I doubt Golovkin would be ready for Saul 3 months later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post

yeh fielding was no champ,he was "int" level prizeholder, thats all.

but canelo did jump wieght class to ko a contender in 12 weeks, its pretty good.

whereas middle G has been a MW all his life.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
                      It's obvious they are setting up the trilogy and rightfully so dazn is not paying these guys to fight tune ups all the time! clenelo already had his against that tomato can at 168 now GGG will have his against rolls! GGG vs clenelo 3 in sept!
                      If dazn was serious then they would of told Punk G to fight Boo Boo. Nobody wants to see Nelo beat Punk G again for the 3rd time.

Comment

Working...
                      X