No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin vs. Steve Rolls Finalized For June 8, MSG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
    U seem to have added a lot of context to a very cut and dry statement. Look, I’ve always said ggg was a good fighter. To me he just languished in a weak division too long Can-Crushing and wouldn’t take any risks.

I’ve heard of someone getting a lil comfortable, but making a bed out of your laurels is a whole different story.
    That post was a response to another poster on here who brought up the 154-168 argument.

We mostly disagree on your other comments but I do hope GGG stays healthy for a few more fights so we can see DAZN put him in there with Canelo Jacobs and Andrade a few more times.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
      I also think he beat Canelo handily the 1st time around, lost to Jacobs and lost to Canelo the second fight.
      Well we agree about the first fight but not the other two, but we will just have to agree to disagree lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        Loeffler said flat out I didn't want to make the Vanes fight. Loeffler wanted to cancel the date regroup get a better fight. GGG told him no I'm fighting on that date get me a tomato can lol And Loeffer has been out the loop since like last Nov. This is all GGG "peeleft:
        Even worse! Ggg is shameless sin verguenza vale verga

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
          Thats grade AA baloney! Gggs own promoters words"ggg didn't want to face deryevchenko because he wants to get paid more to face someone of his quality",ggg/abel said it was too risky,& finally 3g merely had to face BJS in june in order to keep his belt & would've been undisputed but refused.

You can spin it anyway you want but ggg ducked deryev/BJS who both were willing,in deryevs case he was willing to accept fight on weeks notice despite 3g having had a full camp. To top it off he STILL refused to fight to get at least ANY belt back,he was the automatic mandatory to Andrade/Charlo but refused both to face a 35 yr old unknown bum. How in the world can you say 3g didn't drop his belt outta fear but say Canelo did despite 3g refusing to negotiate & sending it to purse bid where he was entitled to 45%?

To top it off 3g was refusing to concede anything & Canelo STILL signed to fight him a mere 1 yr 3 mos after having won lineal/WBC belt. Canelo knew it meant nothing whether he entered ring with the belts only that he leaves w them.

You 3g fans take cognitive dissonance to new lows. If 3g didn't duck by dropping his belt in order to find a bum instead(it took 2 tries of bumhunting for the bout to even get sanctioned) then how can you possibly spin it as canelo supposedly did despite Canelo being the lineal cashcow at 155 whom 3g wanted to meet EVERY demand,but 3g didn't supposedly duck fighters whom were career 160 lbers & were willing to accept lil pay?

3g STILL never redeemed himself,lets asume Canelo didn't drop the belt,he still at the absolute soonest would've faced 3g around 5 mos after,instead it took an extra 9 mos wow.
          Remember why the fight was delayed in the first place. When has any sanctioning body ever forced a mandatory on short notice after a scheduled fight fell through? That’s not why ggg got stripped, it was cuz he chose to wait for canelo in sept. They were still negotiating the fight in June, so I’m not sure how this bjs fight was supposed to take place without risking the canelo fight in sept. It’s easy to say a guy should do this or do that, but they obviously did what they thought they needed to do to salvage that fight. With all the back and forth negotiating and threats from dlh, and getting the higher split...were they supposed to potentially throw all that away by going another direction? If you want to say he sold his belt for that canelo $$$, fine...but saying he ducked derevyanchenko to fight canelo makes no sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dontbeahater View Post
            The man lists over 15 pts and that's the best you can do. Take the L and walk away.
            Ggg did you wrong. Embarrassed you. Giving you nothing to be proud about.

I hope Canelo forces ggg to fight andrade or charlo to get the third fight. Then at least we will see ggg dare to reach his potential. But as of now, he's fighting a can. Again. And you are defending it again and again.
            Lol what tf are you supposed to be? His alt, or his cheerleader? Beat it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
              Lol what tf are you supposed to be? His alt, or his cheerleader? Beat it...
              Lol! I like it, thank you for that

Comment

• Lil' G vs Big Rolls.

Comment

• I like GGG, but this isn't the sort of fight a guy who was recently in the P4P top 10 should be taking. I've got no idea who this Rolls person is, never heard of him before, and from what I can see, he just isn't that interesting.

It's a bit of an embarrassment for him.

Comment

• Who da fooook is this guy?

Comment

• I’m done with ggg he needs to fight bjs, charlo or move up and fight for a title to get me back as a fan. Not that he cares but I’m just saying

Comment

Working...
                      X