Whos the best rapper EVER?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Third Degree MM View Post
    am i not? man
    lol. your a funny guy. i dont know you well enuff yet to judge you like that. i've know gold mac my whole life. we've had alot of wars over rap. lol

Comment

so impact is just RECORD SALE and exposure? i thought it was much more than that, in that case impact is even worth less in my book.

Guest appearences and impact are worth **** in my book, the rest are a must,

also, i'm a Hip-Hop Fan, i like Hip-Hop from my city from MTV, from all over the world, i like jay, wayne, gucci mane, i like Isight, DOOM, i like Boca Floja, Siete Nueve, Nengo Flow, Cosculluela... in other words, gangsta rap, conscious rap, political rap, nercore rap, horror-core rap, religious rap...
      you get the point.
      thats good, i respect that u listen to all kinds of rap...im not sure what your sayin in your first little paragraph, it sounds like u didnt quite get what I was sayin...either that, or your too closed minded too understand. Im not hatin though, if u dont consider impact to matter then its all good. U sound kinda mad...im cool and relaxed my mayne, im just having fun.

Not that u probably care...or maybe u do, like i said u do seem kinda mad...but i cant really respect your opinions if u think impact means nothin. Jay-Z having 11 #1 albums means nothing? Really breh? :laugh:

It might not be one of the most important things, but it means somethin...which people dont seem to understand on this site. Theres alotta backpackers on here...In sayin you, but in general. I woulda gladly have shut up a while ago if I thought impact was very important, but I dont. Too many people do put too much weight on impact.

Im about to be out for the night, ill holla at u tomorrow fam :laugh:

Comment

that mean he's a good business man, what the **** does that have to do with Hip-Hop
        You gotta have a product that is marketable to be a great business man in most cases, which Jay-Z has always had. Hes not even one of my favorite rappers, although i do like him...And im not for all that men lie, women lie, numbers dont crap because numbers do lie when they are looked at in a biased way. Im lookin at them in the least biased way possible, im sayin while they're not as important as other aspects of a rappers skill are, they still mean somethin. Ya dig?

Comment

• people need to give jay more credit for the 8 years straight years of albums thing. and 6 straight years of hits. Thats hard to do. Thats one stat that deserves more attention in his case.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gold Mac View Post
            thats good, i respect that u listen to all kinds of rap...im not sure what your sayin in your first little paragraph, it sounds like u didnt quite get what I was sayin...either that, or your too closed minded too understand. Im not hatin though, if u dont consider impact to matter then its all good. U sound kinda mad...im cool and relaxed my mayne, im just having fun.

Not that u probably care...or maybe u do, like i said u do seem kinda mad...but i cant really respect your opinions if u think impact means nothin. Jay-Z having 11 #1 albums means nothing? Really breh? :laugh:

It might not be one of the most important things, but it means somethin...which people dont seem to understand on this site. Theres alotta backpackers on here...In sayin you, but in general. I woulda gladly have shut up a while ago if I thought impact was very important, but I dont. Too many people do put too much weight on impact.

Im about to be out for the night, ill holla at u tomorrow fam :laugh:

i have Hip-Hop discussion all the time, because i enjoy them.

so I'm a back packer?

isn't impact, how you influence the game? how you influence people?, that's how i saw it, till you told me its just record sales and exposure, of coarse by selling more records and having exposure you're going to be able to influence more people, is that what you meant? and of coarse it holds something, what i meant by "****kk impact" is, some people put too much weight on it, just like you said.

btw, Mobb Deep is ****in nice, there was a time years ago, when i was... you could say obsessed with the Queens Bridge Housing Projects, to the point where i wanted to live there, , no joke, it just captured me, it made me love NY. the Mobb had a lot to do with that, you know what they say, QB is the pound for pound #1 hood in Hip-Hop.

Comment

You gotta have a product that is marketable to be a great business man in most cases, which Jay-Z has always had. Hes not even one of my favorite rappers, although i do like him...And im not for all that men lie, women lie, numbers dont crap because numbers do lie when they are looked at in a biased way. Im lookin at them in the least biased way possible, im sayin while they're not as important as other aspects of a rappers skill are, they still mean somethin. Ya dig?
              true, marketable in todays world, were knowledge and skill isn't key, i respect Jay cause he still has the crazy wordplay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Blaze View Post
                people need to give jay more credit for the 8 years straight years of albums thing. and 6 straight years of hits. Thats hard to do. Thats one stat that deserves more attention in his case.
                jay gets all the credit he deserves, dude is filthy rich

Comment

• true. ^lol. i'm just saying thats an impressive stat though.

Comment

lets just pretend that impact has no significance, that means that Jay-Z having 11 #1 albums means absolutely nothin...yea, that makes alotta sense :dry:
                    after thinking about it, jay having 11 #1 albums is meaningless, he could have 30 #1 albums, or none and i would think about him the same way. pac sold over 65 million records world wide so he must be greatest? ha!

Comment

i have Hip-Hop discussion all the time, because i enjoy them.

so I'm a back packer?

isn't impact, how you influence the game? how you influence people?, that's how i saw it, till you told me its just record sales and exposure, of coarse by selling more records and having exposure you're going to be able to influence more people, is that what you meant? and of coarse it holds something, what i meant by "****kk impact" is, some people put too much weight on it, just like you said.

btw, Mobb Deep is ****in nice, there was a time years ago, when i was... you could say obsessed with the Queens Bridge Housing Projects, to the point where i wanted to live there, , no joke, it just captured me, it made me love NY. the Mobb had a lot to do with that, you know what they say, QB is the pound for pound #1 hood in Hip-Hop.
                      I think your actin like you didnt know what i meant my impact...nice try. Too bad impact and influence are very similar, impact might have a little more to do with numbers where as influence has more to with how other rappers are effected by one rapper. Some of the most influential rappers are Kool G Rap, Rakim, big Daddy Kane, Jay-Z, Nas, Pac and Biggie...all rappers that are or were mainstream at one point. Other rappers try to copy these rappers...less credit to the rappers that copy, but more credit to the rappers that set the trends and changed the game. What did Pharoahe Monch ever do to change the game, or the other rappers that you mentioned?

Originally posted by Third Degree MM View Post
                      jay gets all the credit he deserves, dude is filthy rich
                      c/s...Jay himself knows he gets all the credit he deserves and probably more, when you compare him to Nas...It doesnt matter whos better, nas or Jay...but they are on the same level, many would say. One has alot more money then the other. At the same time, one of them is a much better entertainer then the other so it is what it is.

Originally posted by Third Degree MM View Post
                      after thinking about it, jay having 11 #1 albums is meaningless, he could have 30 #1 albums, or none and i would think about him the same way. pac sold over 65 million records world wide so he must be greatest? ha!
                      You must be an extremist...I never said that Jay is the greatest because of his 11 #1 albums, and that Pac is the greatest because he sold over 65 million. All I said was that both of them accomplishing those things...it has to mean something. Personally, I cant ignore those stats...A rapper must not just be great at rapping to do that, but they gotta be great at entertaining as well...and to me, rap and entertainment go hand in hand. Being a good entertainer is part of being a good rapper. Also, rap is a form of entertainment.

Its all good though fam, if u wanna disagree...what am i gonna do? Spend alotta time trying to convince you? I think i have done all that I can, its time to move on.

Back to what u said about Mobb Deep...i c/s that to the fullest, I would love to drive through QB smokin a blunt and drinkin a 40...as long as i got a bulletproof vehicle lol....nah queens aint like it used to be, but its still not a place that i would feel safe randomly venturing around. I do think the best rappers in the world come from Queens...theres a long list of legends. Brooklyn gives queens a run for its money though...I dont think theres any rapper ever thats equal to the Gza from about 93 to 96 and hes from BK.

Have u ever heard the Mobb Deep demo tape? Its classic material, i didnt get my hands on it until about a year ago but once i did...i still listen to it all the time. If u havent heard it, ill post a link a little bit later on....

*edit*

And i dont think your a backpacker, i respect your diversity in the music you like

Comment

Working...
                      X