Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whos the best rapper EVER?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lmfao@gold mac. he said you must be an extremist. line of the day right there.

Comment

• The Gold Mac
      ^^^^^^

But don't you think when someone listens to a rapper he is being influenced by them? what are your thoughts?

Also, rappers are influenced by other rappers, but they don't necessarily try to copy them, who of the 7 Great MCs you mentioned has Monch's style? who has Tonedeff's style? they aren't necessarily better performers, they just have more fans, they appeal to a wider audience that is not very knowledgeable when it comes to Hip-Hip, so you have to give to those Mcs credit for that, but you also have to be aware that those fans, don't know much about Hip-Hop. seriously record sales aren't worth much to me(am i ignorant for having a different perspective? of coarse not), but i respect your opinion, you give record sales some credit, i give it very little, and it wont change, i'm a huge fan myself, i'm not like some of this closed minded people that you encounter on this forum.

NY ain't like it used to be, it recently surpassed San Jose for the safest Big City in the U.S., and I've lived in messed up cities before, Mexico City, Tijuana, Mexico. both cities with a far higher crime rate than NY.
      i meant Queens Bridge, not the Borough. BK, Manhattan, Shaolin, BX, all have great MCs.

about Gza that's your opinion, many will disagree many will agree.
      I've heard most of Mobb's ****, from "Juvenile Hell" to Prodigy's and Havoc's last Mixtapes, "Hell on Earth" being my favorite album, and one of my all time favorites, next to "liquid swords", "paid in full", "soul on ice"... i would appreciate it if you gave me a link for that demo tape.

and its cool, think of me how ever you want. We are all Hip-Hop fans at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Blaze View Post
        lmfao@gold mac. he said you must be an extremist. line of the day right there.
        i'm an extremist?

:wank:

Comment

• Originally posted by Third Degree MM View Post
          ^^^^^^

But don't you think when someone listens to a rapper he is being influenced by them? what are your thoughts?

Also, rappers are influenced by other rappers, but they don't necessarily try to copy them, who of the 7 Great MCs you mentioned has Monch's style? who has Tonedeff's style? they aren't necessarily better performers, they just have more fans, they appeal to a wider audience that is not very knowledgeable when it comes to Hip-Hip, so you have to give to those Mcs credit for that, but you also have to be aware that those fans, don't know much about Hip-Hop. seriously record sales aren't worth much to me(am i ignorant for having a different perspective? of coarse not), but i respect your opinion, you give record sales some credit, i give it very little, and it wont change, i'm a huge fan myself, i'm not like some of this closed minded people that you encounter on this forum.

NY ain't like it used to be, it recently surpassed San Jose for the safest Big City in the U.S., and I've lived in messed up cities before, Mexico City, Tijuana, Mexico. both cities with a far higher crime rate than NY.
          i meant Queens Bridge, not the Borough. BK, Manhattan, Shaolin, BX, all have great MCs.

about Gza that's your opinion, many will disagree many will agree.
          I've heard most of Mobb's ****, from "Juvenile Hell" to Prodigy's and Havoc's last Mixtapes, "Hell on Earth" being my favorite album, and one of my all time favorites, next to "liquid swords", "paid in full", "soul on ice"... i would appreciate it if you gave me a link for that demo tape.

and its cool, think of me how ever you want. We are all Hip-Hop fans at the end.
          You made some good points and I respect your opinions...and i shouldnt say your closed minded, i think that the more rappers someone listens too the more respectable their opinions become. Theres people that think Lil Wayne is the goat (lol) but they might not listen to that many other rappers.

And I agree that mainstream fans are biased, and not the most knowledgeable fans...i guess the difference is that you place very little emphasis on what impact means, where as i place little emphasis on it...the difference is the word very. But I can respect that. What I cant stand is the people that **** ride all underground rappers, or all mainstream rappers...and your not either one of them.

Heres that mobb deep demo tape, I upped the original thread but the links are dead in it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7C6AVVF0

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gold Mac View Post
            You made some good points and I respect your opinions...and i shouldnt say your closed minded, i think that the more rappers someone listens too the more respectable their opinions become. Theres people that think Lil Wayne is the goat (lol) but they might not listen to that many other rappers.

And I agree that mainstream fans are biased, and not the most knowledgeable fans...i guess the difference is that you place very little emphasis on what impact means, where as i place little emphasis on it...the difference is the word very. But I can respect that. What I cant stand is the people that **** ride all underground rappers, or all mainstream rappers...and your not either one of them.

Heres that mobb deep demo tape, I upped the original thread but the links are dead in it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7C6AVVF0

i give you props, i rarely meat people who think like you. some people, after hearing a dope MC, close off and will call him the greatest, not knowing of the talent out there.

i also don't think Mainstream and Underground are the only categories, there are some rappers who are much more known than others in the mainstream, there are other rappers that are less known than others in the underground, there's some that you could put in both. Hip-Hop is endless.

btw i was unable to listen to that mobb demo for some reason

Comment

• Originally posted by Third Degree MM View Post
              i give you props, i rarely meat people who think like you. some people, after hearing a dope MC, close off and will call him the greatest, not knowing of the talent out there.

i also don't think Mainstream and Underground are the only categories, there are some rappers who are much more known than others in the mainstream, there are other rappers that are less known than others in the underground, there's some that you could put in both. Hip-Hop is endless.

btw i was unable to listen to that mobb demo for some reason
              thanks man and I agree, i didnt mean to come off like those are the only 2 categories of rappers...i mean, theres different levels of mainstream and underground. I see what your sayin...

Did u try the link i posted in this thread or the other one? This ones still working, I gotta copy and paste it into the other thread. Im about to put some other stuff in there too like the Murda Muzik Bootleg, the Pre-Hell On Earth CD, and a song that just leaked the other day that was supposed to be on Hell on Earth. Honestly, I still love Mobb Deep...What did u think of what Prodigy did the last couple of years with Return of the Mac, HNIC 2, and Product of the 80's? I know there not often talked about, especially on here, but I loved all 3 of them. Prodigy aint nothing lyrically compared to what he was, but hes still got one of the best voices in my opinion and he showed he can really flow on that Product of the 80's cd.

Comment

• i got to give prodigy his props cuz hes great at his style. i actually liked product of the 80's and return of the mac. i just never got around to buying them. but product of the 80s caught my ear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Blaze View Post
                  i got to give prodigy his props cuz hes great at his style. i actually liked product of the 80's and return of the mac. i just never got around to buying them. but product of the 80s caught my ear.
                  Its probably not necessary for me to say this, but I like your sig

Heres snippets for the first 8 songs....

I love this song...Un Pacino is nice on this (hes the dude with the most normal voice outta him, Prodigy, and Big Twinz) (Big Twinz is the dude with the really scratchy raspy voice)

Comment

• i know this sounds weird but i actually like DMX alot more now since that incident where they would not let him on the stage because he showed up late....lol. i just thought it was bull**** they treated a legend like that. it made me like dmx more.

Comment

• Yea pigs are always giving X a tough time...**** the police!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X