No announcement yet.

Whos the best rapper EVER?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Third Degree MM View Post
    this is just a discussion about Hip-Hop is good to have them.
    i'm glad your having a good time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knicksman20 View Post
      I agree to a certain extent that hiphop is dead. When it became big business & a gimmick is when it started happening. It lost it's purity. Like The Golden Mac said I think you minimize impact too much. Impact doesn't mean everything but it most definitely counts when it comes to music.

love use to love her

i said, i laugh when people claim Hip-Hop is literately dead, Hip-Hop is obviously in a bad state on the mainstream, but at the end of the day, its Hip-Hop you might not like it, but its Hip-Hop, The "real" Hip-Hop i would say is very weak on the mainstream, but it lives on the Net. it lives World Wide.

Comment

• hip hop had a great year.

Comment

• lets just pretend that impact has no significance, that means that Jay-Z having 11 #1 albums means absolutely nothin...yea, that makes alotta sense :dry:

Comment

• one statistic i really respect about jay-z is how he went 8 years with an album every year. and how he went 6 years with a hit song or more every year. not sure if any other rapper did that.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gold Mac View Post
              Im not tryin to son you or anything, but I used to think the same way...

The way i see it, theres three groups of rap fans...

backpackers...fans that **** ride rappers that aint popular

Mainstream **** riders...fans that **** ride the popular rappers

And then theres the inbetween group...the group that im part of, the group that deserves the most respect for being open minded. The ones that listen to everything...

And the last thing u said was really ignorant....The significance of impact has nothin to do with the music i like or dislike, it has to do with album sales and exposure. Its mostly mainstream rappers that get exposure now. Every once in a while a rapper thats somewhere inbetween mainstream and backpack will have a commercial hit but not often. We seen it a year or two ago when Sheek Louch had the video for "Good Luv" on 106 and park.

I look at everything when determining who the best is...

Flow
              Lyrics
              Impact
              Longevity
              Mic Presence
              Consistency
              Guest appearences
              Ability to outshine other artists
              vocabulary
              etc. etc.

Follow my lead....

so impact is just RECORD SALE and exposure? i thought it was much more than that, in that case impact is even worth less in my book.

Guest appearences and impact are worth **** in my book, the rest are a must,

also, i'm a Hip-Hop Fan, i like Hip-Hop from my city from MTV, from all over the world, i like jay, wayne, gucci mane, i like Isight, DOOM, i like Boca Floja, Siete Nueve, Nengo Flow, Cosculluela... in other words, gangsta rap, conscious rap, political rap, nercore rap, horror-core rap, religious rap...
              you get the point.

Comment

• although i dont always agree with gold mac. i have to say i think often he is very fair with rap opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gold Mac View Post
                  lets just pretend that impact has no significance, that means that Jay-Z having 11 #1 albums means absolutely nothin...yea, that makes alotta sense :dry:
                  that mean he's a good business man, what the **** does that have to do with Hip-Hop

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Blaze View Post
                    although i dont always agree with gold mac. i have to say i think often he is very fair with rap opinions.
                    am i not? man

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Blaze View Post
                      hip hop had a great year.
                      yeah, next year will be great as well

Comment

Working...
                      X