Whos the best rapper EVER?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Third Degree MM View Post
    but at what cost? all that material is filled with simplified lyrics
    Nah, I was just saying he had a lot of material, it wasn't just recycling ****.

Comment

• You cant say someone is the best ever.. You can say who your favorite ever is.. But i mean Jay z has 11 number 1 albums.. Tupac is a trend setter.. Biggie is BIGGIE and nas is a legend.. They all are the best to me

Comment

• Originally posted by Beasty View Post
        You cant say someone is the best ever.. You can say who your favorite ever is.. But i mean Jay z has 11 number 1 albums.. Tupac is a trend setter.. Biggie is BIGGIE and nas is a legend.. They all are the best to me
        i like how you think

Comment

• Originally posted by Knicksman20 View Post
          Sad but true. I'm not one of those NY'ers that think all NY rappers are hot. Far from that & other regions have rappers that have been putting it down for a long time. My thing is when I hear young cats talk about how overrated BIG was & how he was just alright I gotta laugh. For a rapper to put out 2 1/2 albums & most put him in their top 5 or 10 of all time says alot what he accomplished in such a short amount of time.
          Biggie is definitely great, unlike pac, he has a superb wordplay, but to call him the greatest ever, is laughable, to much out there, Hip-Hop is HUGE, thats why i laugh when people say Hip-Hop is literately dead.

Comment

Biggie is definitely great, unlike pac, he has a superb wordplay, but to call him the greatest ever, is laughable, to much out there, Hip-Hop is HUGE, thats why i laugh when people say Hip-Hop is literately dead.
            I agree to a certain extent that hiphop is dead. When it became big business & a gimmick is when it started happening. It lost it's purity. Like The Golden Mac said I think you minimize impact too much. Impact doesn't mean everything but it most definitely counts when it comes to music.

You probably heard this & this came out I think in 94' which is even more true now:

From one of my fav albums:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gold Mac View Post
              you takin that too far Mr. Master Mason....**** Crank that. Its ignorant to think that impact is not important at all, it doesnt mean everything but it means sumthin. It aint nothin to get heated over homie, I listen to Pharoahe Monch and a couple of other back packers. You gotta look at the whole picture, you clearly have a bias towards impact...until you realize that, you are being ignorant.

Ill say this though...the amount of weight that impact holds continues to decline, but i personally think it will always be somethin that holds some weight. Now breathe deeply, calm yourself down, and think with an open mind.
              look its a Hip-Hop conversation, I'm glad i'm having it.
              Impact just means commercial success, and that does not equal greatness in my book, i'm not ignorant i simply see it from a different view.

"back packers"? what does that supposed to mean?

and the amount of weight that impact holds continues to decline, BECAUSE you don't like the **** that makes the most impact now a days, that's why impact is declining to you. It is you who needs to think with an open mind.

btw, my user name comes from one of Percee P's lines,

"your whole crew versus me kid that will be 3rd Degree Mas Murder"
              Last edited by Third Degree MM; 12-15-2009, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• this is why i feel like these disscussions are bad. look at all the tension this **** is causing. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Blaze View Post
                  this is why i feel like these disscussions are bad. look at all the tension this **** is causing. lol
                  this is just a discussion about Hip-Hop is good to have them.

Comment

• all these rappers could be argued as the best. but really there is no best because who the best is, is just an opinion. music is all opinions.

Comment

look its a Hip-Hop conversation, I'm glad i'm having it.
                      Impact just means commercial success, and that does not equal greatness in my book, i'm not ignorant i simply see it from a different view.

"back packers"? what does that supposed to mean?

and the amount of weight that impact holds continues to decline, BECAUSE you don't like the **** that makes the most impact now a days, that's why impact is declining to you. It is you who needs to think with an open mind.
                      Im not tryin to son you or anything, but I used to think the same way...

The way i see it, theres three groups of rap fans...

backpackers...fans that **** ride rappers that aint popular

Mainstream **** riders...fans that **** ride the popular rappers

And then theres the inbetween group...the group that im part of, the group that deserves the most respect for being open minded. The ones that listen to everything...

And the last thing u said was really ignorant....The significance of impact has nothin to do with the music i like or dislike, it has to do with album sales and exposure. Its mostly mainstream rappers that get exposure now. Every once in a while a rapper thats somewhere inbetween mainstream and backpack will have a commercial hit but not often. We seen it a year or two ago when Sheek Louch had the video for "Good Luv" on 106 and park.

I look at everything when determining who the best is...

Flow
                      Lyrics
                      Impact
                      Longevity
                      Mic Presence
                      Consistency
                      Guest appearences
                      Ability to outshine other artists
                      vocabulary
                      etc. etc.

Follow my lead....

Comment