No announcement yet.

Happy Brexit day.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LDBC Slayer View Post
    The UK will be absoloutley fine mate, the standard of living has sucked for a decade now due to years of Austerity, (unnecessary austerity) so people are used to that.

Leaving the EU may raise prices of some things slightly but it won't be that dramatic and there's a million wastes of unnecessary money going on that the government need to be looking at. Whenever that say they are broke I lol because they never struggle to find a few billion for another war or to pay bankers bonuses do they.

The thing is the government is now going to be accountable for everything, can't blame it hide behind EU rules so it's all on them.

Interesting times ahead.
    The government is inarguably massively in debt. That debt is happily serviced by the size of UK GDP. The bonuses of bankers is nothing to do with the government. Their bonuses are paid out of profits of their banks.. The private sector.

That said, the UK financial sector relied heavily on being part of the EU. It's hard for London to remain the financial centre of Europe when Paris or Frankfurt offer more streamlined access to all the financial customers of Europe. Finance is about 7% of the UK economy. Expect a hit.

Comment

And I would add, saying the UK is used to austerity, therefore further declines in the standard of living won't matter is an odd stance to take. It's like saying, my immune system has been weak for years, therefore I don't mind catching AIDS.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
        The government is inarguably massively in debt. That debt is happily serviced by the size of UK GDP. The bonuses of bankers is nothing to do with the government. Their bonuses are paid out of profits of their banks.. The private sector.

That said, the UK financial sector relied heavily on being part of the EU. It's hard for London to remain the financial centre of Europe when Paris or Frankfurt offer more streamlined access to all the financial customers of Europe. Finance is about 7% of the UK economy. Expect a hit.
        https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...eason-pay.html

They aren't going anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
          Another case of the media spinning how bad things were going to be? barely anything in the news now after the election.. Did they just give up finally and accept it was happening?

What's that now.. If Trump gets elected US goes into recession.. If Uk votes leave.. Uk will go into recession.. If UK ACTUALLY leaves it will fall of a cliff.. this is just in the past 4 years They said the same **** when politicians were pushing for the UK to drop the £ in favour of the Euro..

Rarely is it ever as bad as they try to make out they just want the general public scared and not to think for themselves
          Fear mongering, race baiting, clickbait....that's all they do

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post

You haven't done any of that. I never said Brexit's entirely to blame, and the links provided accepted there's other factors. Granted.
            Well actually you did frame it like that in your original post.. when failing to mention all the other issues with the auto industry over the last few years (and probably near future).

Now the uncertainty over Brexit probably definitely hasn't helped.. like I said before businesses hate nothing more then that.. it's how you can make alot of money on stock.

If people had actually accepted a democratic vote from the start.. we wouldn't have been so unclear of what was going to happen. It's been 4 years of time lost. Instead politicians shoved fingers in their ears and strang this it out.

Also your actually in the auto industry?.. You know world wide it's been struggling due to trade war/Move to electric/move away from certain types of cars. Not sure why I would need to provide links to back up points when its quick Google search away for even the uninformed to do so..

But you said you work in the industry.. which is why I took issue with your original post in the first place

Comment

A lot of stuff I’ve taken exception to is ‘reporters’ finding Brexit supporters and basically embarrassing them on the news. It will be random pleb and they’ll say something like I like Brexit because ‘rules’. And then they’ll be pushed on but why but why. How will your life get better.? Ultimately it will imply they’re stupid and racist. And that’s the news! When actually because Rules is a valid answer, tbh.

But for me I find that coverage nasty.

Brexit has ALWAYS been point of principle.

It’s voting out of a trading block that’s all it’s meant to be. The EU isn’t undemocratic in essence but there’s the council, there’s the commission, and then there’s the parliament, and there’s some other f.ucking body in there. What there is is weighted voting (Britain got a 13% say essentially).

If you were to start again. Right now. Everyone from zero. Britain wouldn’t join it like they didn’t in the beginning. Even if your a remain voter any sort of historical context would lead you to that conclusion.

Fundamentally it was set up to stop Germany warring with France again in the future. Let’s be honest. That what it’s first incarnation was for.

But then it become this big thing with Britain becoming like others have said a gateway into the EU for banks.

And NOW...the next incarnation of the EU will have an army. Why would a trading block have an army.

Let’s be honest. The EU is f.ucking weird.

Amount of civil servants in the UK: 500,000. Amount EU civil servant: 33,000.

The whole thing is sketchy as f.uck.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                By immigration the Brits mean the people from eastern Europe. Poles, Slovakian, Lithuanians, Romanians.

It never was about Muslims or blacks
                That's utter BS.

Racist reports and crimes have gone up across the board since the Brexit vote. And even I know people whom voted leave thinking it would give us extra powers to remove or lessen Asian, African, and other migrants. But it's UK government always had those powers anyway.
                Last edited by Kris Silver; 02-02-2020, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Typical Brexit people:

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    A lot of stuff I’ve taken exception to is ‘reporters’ finding Brexit supporters and basically embarrassing them on the news. It will be random pleb and they’ll say something like I like Brexit because ‘rules’. And then they’ll be pushed on but why but why. How will your life get better.? Ultimately it will imply they’re stupid and racist. And that’s the news! When actually because Rules is a valid answer, tbh.

But for me I find that coverage nasty.

Brexit has ALWAYS been point of principle.

It’s voting out of a trading block that’s all it’s meant to be. The EU isn’t undemocratic in essence but there’s the council, there’s the commission, and then there’s the parliament, and there’s some other f.ucking body in there. What there is is weighted voting (Britain got a 13% say essentially).

If you were to start again. Right now. Everyone from zero. Britain wouldn’t join it like they didn’t in the beginning. Even if your a remain voter any sort of historical context would lead you to that conclusion.

Fundamentally it was set up to stop Germany warring with France again in the future. Let’s be honest. That what it’s first incarnation was for.

But then it become this big thing with Britain becoming like others have said a gateway into the EU for banks.

And NOW...the next incarnation of the EU will have an army. Why would a trading block have an army.

Let’s be honest. The EU is f.ucking weird.

Amount of civil servants in the UK: 500,000. Amount EU civil servant: 33,000.

The whole thing is sketchy as f.uck.
                    ‘Not all Brexiters are racists, but almost all racists will be voting for Brexit'. Will Self, political commentator.

Overall there's not been enough media and journalist coverage and pressure on politicians and people in interviews on both sides around the topic. Asking a few celebrators what exactly they mean, will be better, what rules, is normal and fair. The fact they can't name any rules shows theres a significant ignorance in the population. And heck politics is a huge topic we all have ignorances.

But the UK has been in the EU 45 years and voted on every issue, rule, workers rights improvement, easing supply chains, security sharing, saving on pooling research resource, ESA. Most of our laws are British own, ones which are via the EU are a minority, and ones with which our elected representatives deemed beneficial to us.

If there was particular issue with some of them why werent UK politicians being hammered for okay ing certain rules? The whole things a read herring. I find it a little strange criticisms are often un elected beaurocrats, pay huge amounts to. But then you point out they only have 33,000 civil servants to the UK's 500 thousand. Which is it, its gotten too big a beast all round or not.

Before 2016 the EU wasn't even a top 5 issue or topic for the British public. The whole thing released a mis portrayal of a needed sovereignty needed back, when we already were. The irony is we'll have less control in future.
                    Last edited by Kris Silver; 02-02-2020, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Impeacher View Post
                      Typical Brexit people:

Typical remainer.

Comment

Working...
                      X