Typical remainer.

Cute articulate girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Impeacher View Post
      Cute articulate girl.
      That thinks the EU created the NHS.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        A lot of stuff I’ve taken exception to is ‘reporters’ finding Brexit supporters and basically embarrassing them on the news. It will be random pleb and they’ll say something like I like Brexit because ‘rules’. And then they’ll be pushed on but why but why. How will your life get better.? Ultimately it will imply they’re stupid and racist. And that’s the news! When actually because Rules is a valid answer, tbh.

But for me I find that coverage nasty.

Brexit has ALWAYS been point of principle.

It’s voting out of a trading block that’s all it’s meant to be. The EU isn’t undemocratic in essence but there’s the council, there’s the commission, and then there’s the parliament, and there’s some other f.ucking body in there. What there is is weighted voting (Britain got a 13% say essentially).

If you were to start again. Right now. Everyone from zero. Britain wouldn’t join it like they didn’t in the beginning. Even if your a remain voter any sort of historical context would lead you to that conclusion.

Fundamentally it was set up to stop Germany warring with France again in the future. Let’s be honest. That what it’s first incarnation was for.

But then it become this big thing with Britain becoming like others have said a gateway into the EU for banks.

And NOW...the next incarnation of the EU will have an army. Why would a trading block have an army.

Let’s be honest. The EU is f.ucking weird.

Amount of civil servants in the UK: 500,000. Amount EU civil servant: 33,000.

The whole thing is sketchy as f.uck.
        You have to laugh though.. it's pretty similar in the US.. calling people bigots/racists/uneducated because they didn't vote the way you wanted.

What happens? Labour gets crippled in the North.. something people didnt think possible.

In the US people who voted Obama and then switched to Trump because they didn't want another 8 years of the same (Clinton). Suddenly became dumb uneducated and racist voters

Now we will see in Nov if the constant attacks by the media over the past 4 years do the same in the US as they did in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
          You have to laugh though.. it's pretty similar in the US.. calling people bigots/racists/uneducated because they didn't vote the way you wanted.

What happens? Labour gets crippled in the North.. something people didnt think possible.

In the US people who voted Obama and then switched to Trump because they didn't want another 8 years of the same (Clinton). Suddenly became dumb uneducated and racist voters

Now we will see in Nov if the constant attacks by the media over the past 4 years do the same in the US as they did in the UK.
          How's Trumps approval ratings? A significant amount of the US population want their president removed from office.

If anything it demonstrates that the politics of Trump and Johnson might seem attractive with its populism, nation first, distancing from other countries approach. But its full of a lot of ugly aspects and right propoganda, which many realise and are realising.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
            That's utter BS.

Racist reports and crimes have gone up across the board since the Brexit vote. And even I know people whom voted leave thinking it would give us extra powers to remove or lessen Asian, African, and other migrants. But it's UK government always had those powers anyway.
            Yeah they voted to leave European union because they wanted to get rid of Muslims from Asia and blacks from Africa. That was their main goal. They are that stupid. listen to yourself ffs

Comment

How's Trumps approval ratings? A significant amount of the US population want their president removed from office.

If anything it demonstrates that the politics of Trump and Johnson might seem attractive with its populism, nation first, distancing from other countries approach. But its full of a lot of ugly aspects and right propoganda, which many realise and are realising.
              They have gone up? So not a very good example.. and Johnson has just been elected so we will see over the next few years how he does.. in a few months he's had more direction the May did in what 2-3 years as PM?

Also I must say the Trump/Johnson comparison in general is an incredibly lazy take

Again I don't exactly know what it has to do with the media twisting the narrative calling voters racist/uneducated etc because they voted the "wrong" way.. These same people (Lower income/education) were far more likely to have voted labour/democrats in the past.. calling them names is a very interesting tactic i must say
              Last edited by MOTHERDUCKER; 02-02-2020, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I didn’t even vote in the referendum because I wasn’t confident going either way.

But one thing that’s always struck me, is that shouldn’t the left be more Eurosceptic anyway? Corbyn and McDonnell certainly were. They let everyone down with their non stance on Brexit.

I’m staunch Labour a proper left labour (that will never win btw I known that). And the nationalise services to f.uck obviously appealed.

But God knows how those lads thought they could do that in the EU.

Tories privatised the sweet lord out of this country in the 80’s killing income and for no improvement of services anyhow as a result of competition and worse some companies need bailing out.

But lot of mainland Europe has nationalised rail. EU laws now dictate that contracts are put out and private companies must be allowed to bid on them with at least some routes being run by private firms. The idea is that competition guards against complacency (it doesn’t).

It would certainly be easier to nationalise services out of the EU.

So I’ve just never bought the whole right wing bigot angle. And the general election showed us that.

If labour actually coined the phrase ‘let’s get Brexit done’.

They’d have f.uckin won.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  I didn’t even vote in the referendum because I wasn’t confident going either way.

But one thing that’s always struck me, is that shouldn’t the left be more Eurosceptic anyway? Corbyn and McDonnell certainly were. They let everyone down with their non stance on Brexit.

I’m staunch Labour a proper left labour (that will never win btw I known that). And the nationalise services to f.uck obviously appealed.

But God knows how those lads thought they could do that in the EU.

Tories privatised the sweet lord out of this country in the 80’s killing income and for no improvement of services anyhow as a result of competition and worse some companies need bailing out.

But lot of mainland Europe has nationalised rail. EU laws now dictate that contracts are put out and private companies must be allowed to bid on them with at least some routes being run by private firms. The idea is that competition guards against complacency (it doesn’t).

It would certainly be easier to nationalise services out of the EU.

So I’ve just never bought the whole right wing bigot angle. And the general election showed us that.

If labour actually coined the phrase ‘let’s get Brexit done’.

They’d have f.uckin won.
                  The majority of labour areas voted for brexit. Labour went against their own voters. Just insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    The majority of labour areas voted for brexit. Labour went against their own voters. Just insane.
                    They really did. It’s a weird thing over here at the moment. My wife votes labour but we can’t talk politics at all. She’s a typical liberal. I’m not at all

I’d tax fat people in a heartbeat. I’m not particularly ‘liberal’ about anything.

Suppose that’s a two party system for you. She could vote Lib Dem but what would be the point.

The next incarnation of the Labour Party won’t be anyone I give a s.hit about either.

Probably explains the drift from some voters who really have no business voting Tory. Labour had no clear focus on Brexit like you say but appealed to London remain liberals who aren’t an issue.

I’m southern. Politically London is red
                    Last edited by Sparked_26; 02-03-2020, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Trump & Boris aside (because neither is remotely nationalistic by any sane standard & both would be weirdo hippies in a truly "centrist" country like Japan), right-populism is a natural/inevitable part of the rise and fall of civilizations. It will continue to grow but it won't "succeed". It's in it's earliest stages right now.

Europeans will eventually exist as minority separatist communities not unlike the Kurds, Maronites, Jews, etc became after the mass ethnoreligious of the Middle East a millennia ago. It will be more extreme in Europe because their new majority are from the opposite side & most primitive regions of the world. Thus the right-populism movement will fail to save Europe (it is statistically too late for reversal). But in the meantime it will still grow as the desire to do something/anything grows and the situation becomes more desperate.

You're interpreting it very incorrectly: As a leftist you may view politics as an issue of who can provide you with the most "attractive" short-term future (probably in the form of faux-unity, one-time handouts/subsidiaries, etc). If right-populists were operating on this paradigm at all, then they wouldn't exist; they would also become leftists and pay close attention to the mass appeal of their ideology/candidate.

The left forever dominates conventional short-term election incentivization. Right-populists are perfectly willing to make sacrifices in exchange for long-term survivalistic goals & they grow suspicious when no sacrifice is required or when one of their leaders is too universally liked.

Now back to Trump if we are pretending he is a nationalist; his approval ratings have been extremely consistent. He has never peaked very high but he has also never dropped to a minimum approval rating below that of many very popular presidents. His approval rating has been abnormally rigid. This illustrates that his base hasn't flinched at (all nor have their opponents). People made up their mind before his presidency & the wild success of his economy/foreign policy/etc.
                      Last edited by ////; 02-03-2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X