No announcement yet.

Head of elite Iranian force killed in airstrike at Baghdad airport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
    I guess the UN is only relevant when it sanctions non western countries? Didn't the UN declared the war against Iraq march 2003, lead by America, was illegal and a breached of UN charter? What was America's penalty again? Or, perhaps Bush's penalty? America owns the UN and the world knows this. The Same way America owns IMF and the World Bank. All these are America's ent.i.t.i.e.s to camouflage their foreign policies against non-western countries.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/sep/16/iraq.iraq
    Yes

Now you get it

America is beyond the u.n.

As is britain, france, russia and china

Aka the permanent members of the un security council who has veto powers

Comment

• Apparently at his funeral there was a stampede that killed over 50 people and injured about a hundred more lmao

Comment

• WASHINGTON, D.C.—At a press conference held on Capitol Hill Friday, mourning Democrat leaders called for flags to be flown half-mast to honor the death of Qasem Soleimani.

Flags were spotted flying at half-mast around the country, notably at The Washington Post, The New York Times, and in front of several celebrities' homes. The celebrities went out and bought an American flag for the first time just to fly it at half-mast for this important time of grief.

"The grieving process is painful but necessary," said Rep. Ilhan Omar. "As a nation, we need to stop and grieve this great, austere, revered religious scholar. He was one of the good ones."

In a rare moment of unity with The Squad, Pelosi gave each of the girls a hug, telling them to just "let it all out" in their time of sadness.

Ocasio-Cortez didn't seem to know what was happening but adjusted her glasses to look smart.

A teary-eyed Barack Obama was also seen solemnly lowering the flag in front of his seaside mansion. "To think, this all could have been prevented with a few pallets of cash." He sighed and stared off into the distance, a look of pain and regret on his face. "If only Trump had targeted a U.S. citizen with a drone strike instead."

Later, Democrats clarified they meant we should fly the Iranian flag at half-mast, not the "offensive and problematic" American flag.

Comment

I guess the UN is only relevant when it sanctions non western countries? Didn't the UN declared the war against Iraq march 2003, lead by America, was illegal and a breached of UN charter? What was America's penalty again? Or, perhaps Bush's penalty? America owns the UN and the world knows this. The Same way America owns IMF and the World Bank. All these are America's ent.i.t.i.e.s to camouflage their foreign policies against non-western countries.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/sep/16/iraq.iraq

The same happend to Gaddafi

He addressed the point you brought up in the UN general assembly

When Iraq was invaded and the President of Iraq was taken he was a prisoner of war. He should not have been tried; he should not have been hanged. When the war was over, he should have been released. We want to know why a prisoner of war should have been tried.

Who sentenced the President of Iraq to death? Is there an answer to that question? We know the identity of the judge who tried him. As to who tied the noose around the President’s neck on the day of sacrifice and hanged him, those people wore masks. How could this have happened in a civilized world? These were prisoners of war of civilized countries under international law. How could Government ministers and a head of State be sentenced to death and hanged? Were those who tried them lawyers or members of a judicial system? Do you know what people are saying? They are saying that the faces behind the masks were those of the President of the United States and the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and that it was they who put the President of Iraq to death. Why do the executioners not unmask their faces? Why do we not know their ranks? Why do we not know whether they were officers, judges, soldiers or doctors? How does it come about that the President of a State Member of the United Nations was sentenced to death and killed? We do not know the identity of the executioners.

The United Nations is duty-bound to answer these questions: who carried out the death sentence? They must have legal status and official responsibilities; we should know their iden****** and we should know about the presence of a physician and the nature of all the legal proceedings. That would be true for an ordinary citizen, let alone for the President of a State Member of the United Nations who was put to death in that manner. My third point on the Iraq war relates to Abu Ghraib. This was a disgrace to humankind. I know that the United States authorities will investigate this scandal, but the United Nations must not ignore it either. The General Assembly should investigate this matter. Prisoners of war held in Abu Ghraib prison were torturers; dogs were set on them; men were raped.

This is unprecedented in the history of war. It was sodomy, and it was an unprecedented sin, never before committed by past aggressors or invaders. Prisoners of war are soldiers, but these were raped in prison by a State, a permanent member of the Security Council
          https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.afr...embly-in-2009/

The Putin and the boys point out that killing Gaddafi was against Geneva conventions and international law

In Moscow, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said that the Geneva Conventions had been breached with the killing of Colonel Gaddafi.
          https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ind...250.html%3famp

Lefthooktua and the rest of you boys supporting illegal wars are comming across as racist af

You guys thrive off wars.

Inhumane

Comment

• Originally posted by man down View Post
            With 40 years in can you explain why prices at the pump have been stable? How Trump pressured the Saudis to up production? How the bombing of a Saudi oil complex didnt affect prices for more than a week or so? How with whats going on with Iran isnt spiking prices?

Im not saying you're wrong Im just asking for info.
            Prices at the gas pump are day to day, week to week. I'm talking longer term. The price of oil itself, NOT refined crude that goes into the pump, depends on many factors. Just because the price of WTI (west Texas intermediate) moved a dollar or so due to rumblings in the Middle East means very little. Oil prices have been rising due to factors such as inventory reduction which in turn has been due to less US drilling due to low oil prices and therefore less (not much, but less) production, especially out of the Permian Basin out of West Texas.

Trump did not, absolutely did not, pressure the Saudi's to up production. In point of fact, OPEC has CUT production because of low prices, in the hope of getting oil prices higher and of protecting their market share which they have been losing steadily since the US has reached energy independence.

"OPEC, Russia and other oil producing nations have agreed to deeper production cuts in an attempt to support crude prices in the face of a looming supply glut mainly due to booming US output.

Following a meeting in Vienna, OPEC said Friday the producer group would reduce supplies by an additional 500,000 barrels per day, bringing the total cuts to 1.7 million barrels daily.
            Led by Saudi Arabia, OPEC and its allies have been limiting their production since 2017. Their existing agreement aimed to remove 1.2 million barrels per day from world markets and is due to expire in March 2020.
            OPEC's statement made no mention of extending the cuts through June or even December 2020, as some analysts had expected. Still, oil markets were supported by news of the additional cuts and pushed US crude prices up by 0.8% to $59 a barrel."

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Johnson! View Post
              WASHINGTON, D.C.—At a press conference held on Capitol Hill Friday, mourning Democrat leaders called for flags to be flown half-mast to honor the death of Qasem Soleimani.

Flags were spotted flying at half-mast around the country, notably at The Washington Post, The New York Times, and in front of several celebrities' homes. The celebrities went out and bought an American flag for the first time just to fly it at half-mast for this important time of grief.

"The grieving process is painful but necessary," said Rep. Ilhan Omar. "As a nation, we need to stop and grieve this great, austere, revered religious scholar. He was one of the good ones."

In a rare moment of unity with The Squad, Pelosi gave each of the girls a hug, telling them to just "let it all out" in their time of sadness.

Ocasio-Cortez didn't seem to know what was happening but adjusted her glasses to look smart.

A teary-eyed Barack Obama was also seen solemnly lowering the flag in front of his seaside mansion. "To think, this all could have been prevented with a few pallets of cash." He sighed and stared off into the distance, a look of pain and regret on his face. "If only Trump had targeted a U.S. citizen with a drone strike instead."

Later, Democrats clarified they meant we should fly the Iranian flag at half-mast, not the "offensive and problematic" American flag.
              You almost had me at the start of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by man down View Post
                The question still remains, why was he in Iraq? Why was his name tagged on the US embassy before he arrived?

Iraq is border with Iran, and the last time i checked, America doesn't govern any of those states. America doesn't get to dictate where other sovereign governments go unless they were planning to come to America. Why does America gets to dictate where other world leaders go? Who gives them that authority? Can someone dictates America where to go?

Stop playing these games, because you know America is only there bullying these people over their oil. And, also to keep them in a weaken and defenceless state against Israel.

Comment

Iraq is border with Iran, and the last time i checked, America doesn't govern any of those states. America doesn't get to dictate where other sovereign governments go unless they were planning to come to America. Why does America gets to dictate where other world leaders go? Who gives them that authority? Can someone dictates America where to go?

Stop playing these games, because you know America is only there bullying these people over their oil. And, also to keep them in a weaken and defenceless state against Israel.
                  BAHAHAHA you're funny! Yeah we didnt just have a embassy attack in Iraq. They didnt tag his name on the walls either. The Contractor that died, what a couple weeks before he arrived Im sure had nothing to do with Iran. This guy was responsible for how many American lives in Iraq and elsewhere?

You make me sick defending this guy. Im done arguing with YOU about it. You can spill some of your 40 out for him all you like.

Cmon, Im done you have to be trolling.

Comment

Not true. Syria has little oil production. If you are referring to Afghanistan...little to no oil there either. Iraq certainly does, but the US is oil and natural gas independent. We simply don't need their oil, so your argument is factually incorrect.

Now if you ask me why we are in there now...I have no idea. Protect the Kurds? No, Trump abandoned them last year. Protect the Iraqi's? From whom? The Shia Iraqi's are pals of the Iranians; the Sunni's certainly are not.

Now your point about Israel may have some merit, but I think they can protect themselves.

Comment

This says America can

Comment

Working...
                      X