Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An event in your life you will never forget that defined you as a person?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Becoming a father two years ago.

Comment

Got jumped in a bar. Sorrounded.

I fought. Ended up getting hit with a chair and then a bottle in my head.

Got nasty scars. I dropped and i remember waking up a couple of seconds later. I got up immediatly , my frend at the time pulled me to the side.

I remember blood gushing fron my forehead. Got stitched up that same night.

Around 5am i went home. Living parents.

Around 7am the po-leeze knock on my door for question.

My family then saw my bandaged head. They heard about the fight.

That shyt was physically draining and i had to be mentally strong to not get taken to the cops station.

Literally 20 minutes later i changed completley.

Changed ever since.

If worse comes to worse and you want to push limits, i will go there with you

Shed your blood once in a brutal violent way and you lose your fear of shedding it again

It was a right of passage without a doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
        When I saw my 1st full on pron....changed how I looked at women forever.
        Was it on VHS?

Comment

I like this thread.

For me it wasn't a single event but a series of decisions to experiment with research chemicals (drugs).

I never got into hardcore addiction or rock bottom like some may have, but if I could go back in time I probably would wait until I was older before trying them. I'm okay now, but I could have done so much better in school, etc. when I was younger and I would be further along in my life right now if I hadn't gotten low grades in college.

Nowadays I keep telling myself, "Age is just a number, age is just a number," so I don't feel like I wasted so much time.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            Im reading your post and just feeling for you. 19 is so young to deal with such a situation. I know that had to be tough. Glad you are here to tell us about it bro.

On your dad. Yeah I had a rough time with my dad's passing. My dad was sharp as a tack and started losing his cognition. He was 91... He was really difficult for my mother who is 14 years younger and was just getting sick of him. Well my mother had to have a surgery and asked Dad to go into a facility for a while, a nice place...really nice. My dad of course wanted to be home with my mother. So... My mother comes back from surgery and for the next few months asks my dad to stay put while she recovers. I know she does not want him home and is shining him on. I don't know what exactly to do though. He is a handful, yet it is his house...but mom does not want to be with him and he knows it, and she is not even trying to fake it, just shining him on.

So I am in the middle, trying to do right by my mother and father. I feel bad and I can see that my dad does not trust me anymore, and I am trying to figure out what to do to make them both happy...i get the phone call at about 5am in the morning. Mind you my dad was very healthy physically. He went out of the room walking around, fell and died.

Beercules I still cannot grieve, happened a year or so back...I feel like I let him down. Just that look in his eyes. I just hope you could tell your dad you loved him and that he knew that was true.

Oh almost forgot. I am from Manhattan. i know colgate ave though lol, I know the Bronx pretty well. We just used to walk to Yankee stadium from 97th street and Park/Madison avenue.
            Wtf? very healthy? i would investigate my own mom in this situation based on what u said

Comment

i almost got a girl pregnant. . Almost.. her period was late and all. 5 years later this girl is a full blown r*tard/mental patient. diagnosed with all kinds of mental illnesses and popping pills. imagine i had a kid with that? I would've blown my head off. god is good. much wiser now. dodged a bullet

Comment

I’ll never forget the moment when I was walking down the street minding my own business when suddenly I saw a house fire and a baby crying with his face pressed against the window screaming help me. Without even a thought, I ripped off my shirt, and I ran head first into the house knocking the front door over. The flames and smoke immediately got to me but I braved through it and somehow got myself up the stairs. I went into the bedroom, grabbed the kid and then I fell to my knees due to the inhalation of the smoke. I remember at that moment thinking ‘get up get up you can do this’. I then rose to my feet, hobbled downstairs with the kid in my arms and went out the front door to hundreds of people all clapping me and cheering me.

I would say that is definitely the moment that defined me. It showed me I am capable of anything.

Comment

Moving to Las Vegas and teaching at-risk kids. My father always told me how lucky I was growing up but I didn't believe him until I came here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandman View Post
                    i almost got a girl pregnant. . Almost.. her period was late and all. 5 years later this girl is a full blown r*tard/mental patient. diagnosed with all kinds of mental illnesses and popping pills. imagine i had a kid with that? I would've blown my head off. god is good. much wiser now. dodged a bullet
                    at "full blown ******"

You dodged a bullet my dude.

Comment

Originally posted by MOMENTO MORI View Post
                      Seemingly ordinary encounter with a stray, yet a profound experience for some. It’s such a mystery to me how basic events we all go through produce different experiences in all of us. I admit Ive never saved a dog but that doesn’t mean I do hurt for them. Anyway I really enjoyed this post!
                      Thanks man. It put me in touch with what these dogs went through...Talk about a non sequator: Here I am with my buddies, cutting school, with cigarettes stolen from my mother's purse, we are at
                      Yankee stadium cutting it up getting into fights with Boston Red sox Fans, and I am watching this drunk Puerto Rican who has a dog that is his following him...I am thinking "I hope this dog does not get lost." Some hoodlum I was lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X