Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An event in your life you will never forget that defined you as a person?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    Dude something like this happened to my mom. This is why I believe that there's an after life.

My grandfather was recovering in the hospital after thyroid removal because of cancer. The doctors said he'd be OK.

One day my mom comes back exhausted after a night shift (she's a paramedic) and goes to bed.

Mr and my bro were watching TV in the next room. The phone starts ringing. It's my grandma, asking for my mom.

I wake her up. She looks shocked, and is breathing like she just ran 10 miles. I brushed it off. I hand her the phone, she talks to her mom and then hangs up.

She says my grandpa is being CPRed. Then she told me that the reason she was so shocked when I woke her up was because she dreamed about my grandfather being CPRed and he stood like kind of next to that whole mess, looked at her and said 'look how they're trying to save me'.

He died half an hour later.

It was so damn weird.

That and testimonies of other people about shyt like that made me believe that there's life after death. It can't be all a coincidence.
    I woke up shaking and ****

I'm with you on that. We have a connection on some level.

We are energy in a way, who knows.

Comment

almost dying yet surviving & leaving atheism for JESUS. Best decision I ever made and been positively living better these 7 years than my 18 non-religious years.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
        Was it on VHS?
        Nope

DVD burns of some Tracy Lords flicks......16 years old and already a HOFer

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          I was a bit overwhelmed frankly... It was the seventies, I was about 13 and all the hair! all the parts, kind of took me by suprise lol. But it was smooth sailing after that.
          The story lines
          The women without tats or plastic boobs

I expected every woman to be Tracy Lords for the longest time.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
            Nope

DVD burns of some Tracy Lords flicks......16 years old and already a HOFer
            :wank: Oh yes Tracy Lords!

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              :wank: Oh yes Tracy Lords!
              :wank: ''To this day !''

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                Dude something like this happened to my mom. This is why I believe that there's an after life.

My grandfather was recovering in the hospital after thyroid removal because of cancer. The doctors said he'd be OK.

One day my mom comes back exhausted after a night shift (she's a paramedic) and goes to bed.

Mr and my bro were watching TV in the next room. The phone starts ringing. It's my grandma, asking for my mom.

I wake her up. She looks shocked, and is breathing like she just ran 10 miles. I brushed it off. I hand her the phone, she talks to her mom and then hangs up.

She says my grandpa is being CPRed. Then she told me that the reason she was so shocked when I woke her up was because she dreamed about my grandfather being CPRed and he stood like kind of next to that whole mess, looked at her and said 'look how they're trying to save me'.

He died half an hour later.

It was so damn weird.

That and testimonies of other people about shyt like that made me believe that there's life after death. It can't be all a coincidence.
                Sorry you had to see that bro...I have a similar situation that occured with you and Beercules.

My first born son, for whatever reason, never wet his bed. he was off the diaper and all, never had a stray stream...

So it is 4am or so and he lets out with a stream, and an hour later phone call happens and we are told my wife's mother passed. The time this bed wetting happened was when she died, and he had woken up upset after.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  I woke up shaking and ****

I'm with you on that. We have a connection on some level.

We are energy in a way, who knows.
                  Oh and another thing lol. My dad painted pictures and was really good... when he passed, one day my mother's favorite painting in her apartment went missing. she gets angry every time I think dad took it lol.

Comment

I have had multiple events happen so far that I know have shaped me in ways that are good. And some that are bad that I have had to change which thankfully I have.

The two that have had the most impact on me occurred when I was around 7 to 8.

When I was 7 me and older brothers (teens) were outside playing by the front of the apartment complex. We see a guy maybe in his late teens with a striped shirt on yelling for help running towards the gate attendant. A few seconds later we see another guy in his early 20's jogging towards him. The gate attendant ducks down and the guy in the shirt which we realize is actually covered in blood not striped designs kneels down by the bushes and begs the guy not to shoot him. The other just walks up and executes him before taking off.

A few months after that when it was starting to get dark we can hear a lady screaming. We thought she was getting attacked so my family heads outside there to see if she needs help and me and my brothers sneak out behind them. Her son who was about 11 was hit and run by a speeding car. There was a giant pool blood under him as she was holding onto him crying for help.

Even at my young age I decided I would watch what crowds I hung around with and always made it a point to apologize, and/or forgive my loved ones.

Comment

Working...
                    X