Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An event in your life you will never forget that defined you as a person?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bandman View Post
    Wtf? very healthy? i would investigate my own mom in this situation based on what u said
    Lol no my mom did not off my dad. But she was not taking him back.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      There was no single event. It was just a lifetime of growing up in a dumpy tenement in Brooklyn. The good, bag and ugly of growing up poor in a rough neighborhood shaped my perspective through life. As I got older I could draw strength from having survived hardship, violence, hunger and going without. Despite all the challenges, there were also fond memories of childhood friends, stickball in the streets, girlfriends, cooling off under the hydrants on hot summer days, my first car, night games at Shea Stadium, exploring the city at all hours day and night. If I had to choose one defining moment I would say the death of my father. It was that experience that sealed my disbelief in God. It would later be quantified by the death of a son.
      Dempsey I grew up in New York under somewhat similar circumstances...it was east harlem for me. I used to love Brooklyn, especially the food. We played stickball... You cannot even buy the proper ball anymore...they actually sold stickball sticks but a broom stick was fine.

I am very sorry for your losses. I can't imagine losing a child. I always appreciate your insights here.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
        When I saw my 1st full on pron....changed how I looked at women forever.
        I was a bit overwhelmed frankly... It was the seventies, I was about 13 and all the hair! all the parts, kind of took me by suprise lol. But it was smooth sailing after that.

Comment

Here is the second one for me

This is crazy! I suspect some of you who grew up in New York can relate to some of the details:

My mother bless her heart, I will be over there to see her this evening with the rest of the family and probably remind her of this situation:

She was always trying to get me out of the house for summer, because New York sucks in the summer...There were some problems, I was a minority white boy in a tough area, so I would usually wind up having to fight quite a bit. It always worked out, as many kids who would call me white boy, would be balanced out by the many others who were friends, and there were a few stray white boys around lol. But these camps were usually full of sociopath councellors.

They had sent me to one sleep away camp where I came home looking shell shocked. The councellors were just sadistic, and I did not take crap well...so I wound up outside being feasted on by Mosquitos.

Wellllllll mom decides that there is a new Cub scout troupe on the west side and wants me in on that action. Sounds like a nice thing right? The troupe later was scotched because of allegations of child abuse, etc... Keep that in mind because there is an incident that causes this action and that is what happened so here we go...

After a few weeks of nothing special we are told a trip is planned upstate New York for the weekend of camping to earn our stripes. Mom is beside herself...how nice, they are taking the kids out of the city! Uh ohhhhh..... And there we go, all day the first day things seem normal enough and it is getting dark. All the councellors gather us around a camp fire, they tell us "ok you little s h i ts this is it. Tonight we see who makes it!! tonight you all get put in the woods and the there are monsters who will see if you really believe in the Cub scout way, if not they will kill you! So you better believe!! We start leaving camp tonight hahahahah!!!

Well here is what happened: every kid is crying hysterically, begging to go home lol, except me. There may have been a few others, I didn't see them. I remember that a cool logic took over me. I figured I would do the best I could, and I was not even scared. I was watching all these kids crying, begging, and just remembered my dad going through the Marines losing his friends on the Islands, and figured, it was my turn to prove myself.

that night the councellors tried to convince the kids they were making it up, but the kids lost it...they wound up coming home early, and when more info got out about some of the troop leaders, councellors, well...

I learned a lot about myself that night. Those pervs did me a favor actually. Ever since when I had to fight hard in martial arts, etc I never had a problem, yeah I felt scared but could see past it.

Comment

when i found my mom's sister dead in the attic 9 years ago. she hanged herself.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
              when i found my mom's sister dead in the attic 9 years ago. she hanged herself.
              For real Dude? So sorry. That's tragic.

Comment

Smashing youngbidness imwidddddit mother. He became a snitch right after with the LBGT community

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  For real Dude? So sorry. That's tragic.
                  Yeah she suffered from schizophrenia most of her adult life. She did take meds and lived 'normal' live, had a good job and a fiancé, but after my grandfather died she had a massive breakdown and never recovered. It was weird because the night before I talked to her then went to bed, woke up the next day, went for a smoke and bam there she was. It changed my whole perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    Yeah she suffered from schizophrenia most of her adult life. She did take meds and lived 'normal' live, had a good job and a fiancé, but after my grandfather died she had a massive breakdown and never recovered. It was weird because the night before I talked to her then went to bed, woke up the next day, went for a smoke and bam there she was. It changed my whole perspective.
                    Sorry to hear man, when my mother passed it was 7:09, I woke at 7:10 crying.

Weird connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                      Sorry to hear man, when my mother passed it was 7:09, I woke at 7:10 crying.

Weird connection.
                      Dude something like this happened to my mom. This is why I believe that there's an after life.

My grandfather was recovering in the hospital after thyroid removal because of cancer. The doctors said he'd be OK.

One day my mom comes back exhausted after a night shift (she's a paramedic) and goes to bed.

Mr and my bro were watching TV in the next room. The phone starts ringing. It's my grandma, asking for my mom.

I wake her up. She looks shocked, and is breathing like she just ran 10 miles. I brushed it off. I hand her the phone, she talks to her mom and then hangs up.

She says my grandpa is being CPRed. Then she told me that the reason she was so shocked when I woke her up was because she dreamed about my grandfather being CPRed and he stood like kind of next to that whole mess, looked at her and said 'look how they're trying to save me'.

He died half an hour later.

It was so damn weird.

That and testimonies of other people about shyt like that made me believe that there's life after death. It can't be all a coincidence.

Comment

Working...
                      X