No announcement yet.

have you seen netflix "when they see us"? about 5 black dude accused

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
    How do you sugar coat spending 7 years and more in prison for a crime that a 6 year old could tell they were innocent of?

These kids were 14 years old, man. Out of curiosity, what specifically did you find about this case.
    i am not saying that they were guilty. i am just saying that they weren't such innocent kids who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time since they were all causing mayham in the park that night, beat up some random people etc.

i can't find this article for some reason. it was basically about how the show is made like as if it took place in today's america. thus why it's innacurate and over-exaggerated. it wasn't just about racism but also about this metoo shyt, feminism.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
      i am not saying that they were guilty. i am just saying that they weren't such innocent kids who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time since they were all causing mayham in the park that night, beat up some random people etc.
      Oh, I know you weren't saying they were guilty. Maybe my post came across as accusatory, but I wasn't accusing you of that. I think I heard that one of the kids might have heckled some passerby and that maybe some were involved with beating up a random guy, but I thought that was never proven. Especially because apparently they can't tell one of these kids from the other, and there were a good amount of kids out there.

i can't find this article for some reason. it was basically about how the show is made like as if it took place in today's america. thus why it's innacurate and over-exaggerated. it wasn't just about racism but also about this metoo shyt, feminism.
      Ah, ok. If you happen to run into the article again, let me know. I understand that there may have been some things added for dramatic effect, like in the dialogue and things like that, but I thought otherwise the deal was that it was pretty accurate on the major facts of the case. It wasn't all that long ago, so I want to see why they were saying today's America would have made a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
        Of raping a jogger and getting exonorated later
        God, you are a f.#cking dipsh.1t. The case is referred to as “the Central Park 5,” not “five black dude accused.” Is this how communicate in real life?

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
          Real fuc(k)ING shyt, I watched a show on ABC called "Designated Survivor", show was good on ABC, Netflix somehow picked up the show.

Netflix releases the 3rd season a couple of weeks ago, so I'm like "hell yesss", I can't unsee the shyt I saw.

1. They killed agent Wells, one of the few characters worth watching and I don't even know what happened to Mike(head of secret service)

2. They hired some gay dude as the social media guy, cool, but then they hire some gay secret service, who apparently is his boyfriend.

So they start showing scenes of this husky black dude, plowing through this little nerd dude, disgusting.

Then the "bottom" dude tells the "top" dude, that he has HIV after he went raw on dat ass, but the "bottom" say something about his shyt not spreading.

They went full Yusaf Mack

3. Apparently the president's wife(who died in season 2), has a cross dressing brother, so they start pushing this bullshyt too.

Won't be a season 4 for me
          Holy shyt, I thought you were trolling, but I just read a quick synopsis about the show you just mentioned, and it seemed like they went full retard once the show went to Nextflix.

Comment

I watched it. Hard to get through, but extremely well done.

What I find very interesting is the replies in this thread so far. This was a grave injustice, and so far what we get is a poster complaining that it's not about black people gone bad, posters railing against netflix, and posters attacking the kids' characters.

Just another day in the boxingscene lounge!
            This. What the hell dudes served time and lost alot of their young years of growing up.

Have a heart man. This is not about race.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
              Holy shyt, I thought you were trolling, but I just read a quick synopsis about the show you just mentioned, and it seemed like they went full retard once the show went to Nextflix.
              I wish I was trolling, Netflix ruined it.

Comment

I thought you were going to come back and tell us about the 14 year old White kids that were held in prison for 7 years just because they were white, but you sadly never did .
                In your opinion why does the American mainstream media ignore the much several times larger number of black-on-white murders and expontentially larger (practically one-sided) number of black-on-white rapes and instead focus on martyring people like Michael Brown (et al.) and cherrypicking extremely atypical/freak cases where roles are reversed or the wrong people were charged?

Is it simply pursuit of the dollar, marketing to the communities that tend to respond with binge-viewing and even rioting rather than the communities that exhibit general disinterest in racial topics? The co-fixation on "transgenders" that companies like Netflix seem to have would support this theory somewhat. Catering to a small but fanatical audience while allowing shock value to lure in some collateral mainstream viewers.

Or has the black American community grown consciously defensive of this bizarre "privileged" relationship where despite disproportionately victimizing other US ethnic groups (by a very large margin), they are still depicted as "oppressed"? Is it seen as a form of historical revenge? After decades and decades, when is the revenge considered complete? Come 2050 is it declared that whites have suffered enough?

Comment

I have. Decent show.

I read doe that it is really sugar-coated compared to what really happened, and those 5 kids weren't these sweet, innocent lambs they are in the show.
                  Thats one of the big problems with how the police operate in America. They very seldom just randomly pick a person out of a crowd to pin a crime on. They will try to find reasons to pin crimes on non-innocent people, but also people who aren't THAT big of a criminal either. No one is gonna look out for those types like they'd look out for some kid doing everything right (not that THAT hasn't happened, but its less likely).

And how our legal system works few people from bad areas &/or are poverty stricken can afford to buy the justice others can. So they just get rail roaded from level to level once they had a cop pin a crime on them so often plea down to avoid spending life in prision or twice as long or more typically. The whole system is against you if you are poor & got police trying to send you away.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                    In your opinion why does the American mainstream media ignore the much several times larger number of black-on-white murders and expontentially larger (practically one-sided) number of black-on-white rapes and instead focus on martyring people like Michael Brown (et al.) and cherrypicking extremely atypical/freak cases where roles are reversed or the wrong people were charged?

Is it simply pursuit of the dollar, marketing to the communities that tend to respond with binge-viewing and even rioting rather than the communities that exhibit general disinterest in racial topics? The co-fixation on "transgenders" that companies like Netflix seem to have would support this theory somewhat. Catering to a small but fanatical audience while allowing shock value to lure in some collateral mainstream viewers.

Or has the black American community grown consciously defensive of this bizarre "privileged" relationship where despite disproportionately victimizing other US ethnic groups (by a very large margin), they are still depicted as "oppressed"? Is it seen as a form of historical revenge? After decades and decades, when is the revenge considered complete? Come 2050 is it declared that whites have suffered enough?
                    Way to avoid my questions and come back with something that is completely from left field. But I never have a problem answering questions.

I don't watch television so perhaps I'm not sure of exactly what the American media does, but from what I see, the American media focuses on the situations that fire people up, no matter what.

I don't see the media focusing on black on black crime. I don't see the media focusing on white on white crime. I have seen stories of black on white rape. There was a story that was discussed here not long ago. I do see them reporting on police brutality and I don't see a problem with that. This notion that here is some conspiracy theory to spark up blacks is, in my humble opinion, retarded. The media didn't force the police to brutalize citizens, and it's the media's job to report on these things, especially something as fragrant as a peace officer acting as an executioner when his/her hand doesn't call for it. What is the media supposed to do? Not report on it?

But let's not pretend that the media only reports on things that look favorably for black people. Look at what thread you are in, man!!!! That's the irony. You do realize that the media was all over this case about a white woman supposedly gang raped by a wild pack of black kids, and the media was a major reason that the boys were hated. They were vilified by the media, and everyone hated their guts. Some people still hate their guts. The current President was allowed to use the newspapers to ask for their deaths.

So let's not pretend this is about anything other than the media getting out the juicy stories and letting the chips fall where they may. After all, once again, the media can't force police to beat up people to satisfy this supposed agenda. This conspiracy theory is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Fire up the black people so they will do what? Go around rioting and get thrown in jail? Well seems like they are giving you what you want, since you appear to be a non-white white supremacist. I don't mean that in an emotional way. I simply mean that it seems to be what you are in a matter of fact way.

Now I'd like to ask you. Are you a (non-white) white supremacist?

ps. I also think it's silly for you to ask about why this story isn't about other crimes. Obvious, this case was one of the biggest in American history, and it's clear to see why. So asking why isn't this about something bad that black people have (really) done just seems to be.......playing the race card, funny enough.
                    Last edited by travestyny; 06-28-2019, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Way to avoid my questions and come back with something that is completely from left field. But I never have a problem answering questions.

I don't watch television so perhaps I'm not sure of exactly what the American media does, but from what I see, the American media focuses on the situations that fire people up, no matter what.

I don't see the media focusing on black on black crime. I don't see the media focusing on white on white crime. I have seen stories of black on white rape. There was a story that was discussed here not long ago. I do see them reporting on police brutality and I don't see a problem with that. This notion that here is some conspiracy theory to spark up blacks is, in my humble opinion, retarded. The media didn't force the police to brutalize citizens, and it's the media's job to report on these things, especially something as fragrant as a peace officer acting as an executioner when his/her hand doesn't call for it. What is the media supposed to do? Not report on it?

But let's not pretend that the media only reports on things that look favorably for black people. Look at what thread you are in, man!!!! That's the irony. You do realize that the media was all over this case about a white woman supposedly gang raped by a wild pack of black kids, and the media was a major reason that the boys were hated. They were vilified by the media, and everyone hated their guts. Some people still hate their guts. The current President was allowed to use the newspapers to ask for their deaths.

So let's not pretend this is about anything other than the media getting out the juicy stories and letting the chips fall where they may. After all, once again, the media can't force police to beat up people to satisfy this supposed agenda. This conspiracy theory is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Fire up the black people so they will do what? Go around rioting and get thrown in jail? Well seems like they are giving you what you want, since you appear to be a non-white white supremacist. I don't mean that in an emotional way. I simply mean that it seems to be what you are in a matter of fact way.

Now I'd like to ask you. Are you a (non-white) white supremacist?

ps. I also think it's silly for you to ask about why this story isn't about other crimes. Obvious, this case was one of the biggest in American history, and it's clear to see why. So asking why isn't this about something bad that black people have (really) done just seems to be.......playing the race card, funny enough.
                      I don't really take the term "white supremacy" seriously because the notion of such a small global minority achieving "supreme" status outside of their own homelands by any reasonable definition is so silly. They're subject to the same rules of overextension & collapse as any other group and that's what happened following the age of imperialism: The cultures they attempted to rule benefited beyond measure and they're essentially doomed to eradication.

As a specific concept: "white supremacy" is fairly modern invention & was popularized during the shockjock radicalism of the post-hippie era.

I am a Middle Eastern statistics nerd who has grown to realize: Without a serious secessionist/separatist movement to preserve their way of life, Western civilization is on the brink of not only collapsing but materially ceasing to exist.

If there's a lurking bias it's that my own ancestral homeland of Lebanon was swarmed by mass migration & completely unrecognizable in terms of ethnicity/religion/politics within a single generation -- the people falsely depicted as "oppressors" by the media reduced to enduring gangrape and public beatings as a form of revenge for imaginary crimes.

Here's what really messes with my head about the white nationalist VS black nationalist question.

One group is already dominating the other in terms of disproportionate physical harm and has been since data collection began. At this point, the position of that group is so comfortable that their "nationalist" activities mostly consist of demanding arbitrary financial sums and humiliating school children and elderly people for expressing even mild attachment to their "shameful" ancestry.

The other group's sole demand is existence, somewhere, in any capacity. They have no other demands. No financial payment, no desire to humiliate, nothing. That demand is depicted as extreme and unreasonable.

Why?
                      Last edited by ////; 06-28-2019, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X