No announcement yet.

Teen Legally Euthanised After Rape

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    The age is the main issue with it that makes me question my own stance (if she was 39 or some sh^t it'd be much easier), but then I think how bs this whole concept of you become an adult at some certain age marker in your life is. This 18 & 21 adult threshold is silly sh^t that makes lil sense as some arbitrary line that you become capable of making your own decisions & have to embrace your own failures finally or w/e.

I don't buy there is some specific point we all become adults. I think we are all incompetent to varying levels in various fields all our lives. Some people suck at relationships from 12 to 90. Some people suck at money from 12 to 90. Some people mature quicker than others. Some people always seem behind. Some people mature through mistakes. Some people seem attracted to making the same mistakes for several years if not their entire lives.

I don't believe age to be as important to ones development AT A CERTAIN level & if one has a certain independence that can for sure be gained before they are 17 years old in many cases. Granted the younger you go the more difficult it is to expect one to have a certain level of maturity so idk if this girl was 12 (as is apparently their youngest age of making this decision to end their life is) I'd be feeling the same confidence about allowing this.
    Actually...again, I agree with you. My own particular stance on age is related to a different issue entirely. before I do so I do want to stress that when we get into generalities about age it is indeed true that people mature very differently and that some personalities are indeed more independent naturally than others. To add more to that, evolution conflicts with human sociological development as well: a woman can bare children when nature gives her the sign and in nature usually young animals should be birthing....so now that I have totally endorsed your point what could possibly be a large enough caveat to make me second guess this all?

Personalities and social norms are transitory indicators. Biological indicators are really not conducive to human development either...most evolved, educated people have kids later in life, past the biological age that nature indicates is the right time.

When the human brain is scanned and studied, including the decision making process, what was found and is now established neuroscience is: a human brain does not ethically mature to a point where we can make decisions as an adult until we are well past 25 approaching 30 years old. In other words before that age as we develop we are still compulsive, not capable of ethical maturity, and developing the tools we need to make informed decisions in a social nexus.

One can see the reasons for this. Fight or flight is a decision a child can make with a little common sense...But, when riding a car and hitting a parked car, for example, having the social conditioning to say "I know no one is watching but leaving my information is the right thing to do" takes years of consideration, empathy and brain development.

So imo when we see a 12 year old with the body and maturity of a 25 year old, a lot of the actual ethical reasons we should do the right thing are tied up with our social conditioning: A) we know that a younger person has less social status, hence we are taking advantage of them as an adult if we pursue an adult relationship. B) We also know that regardless of looks, this 12 year old is still developmentally a child! This person's brain has not learned how to yet process complex social and ethical decisions.

This girl is, biologically speaking, a woman who is fully capable of living in a social group of hunter gatherers, baring children, and knowing how to make decisions (run!!!! fight!!!!). This girl is socially speaking, not yet capable of making ethically mature decisions regarding life and death issues, characteristic of a modern human society that depends on brain development able to make complex moral decisions regarding life and death.
    Last edited by billeau2; 06-06-2019, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Having seen firsthand the psychological trauma sexual abuse and rape can cause over an extended period of time, I don’t blame her in the slightest for not wanting to go through it any longer. Better to end things in a structured, painless, legal way than dash herself in front of a train.

Comment

Originally posted by BALLS DEEP View Post
        Noa Pothoven of Arnhem in the Netherlands is legally euthanised

June 5, 2019 5:58am

Noa Pothoven, a Dutch teenager from Arnhem, has been legally euthanised after suffering a childhood rape. Picture: InstagramSource:Supplied
        Staff writers

News Corp Australia Network

Noa Pothoven, 17, has been legally euthanised in the Netherlands, saying the pain she was dealing with after a childhood rape was “insufferable”.

Noa, from Arnhem, said in a social media post a day before her death last Sunday that she “breaths but no longer lives”.

Noa wrote an autobiography called Winning or Learning, after sexual assaults and rapes as a small girl led her to develop post-traumatic stress disorder, depression and anorexia.

She was attacked three times as a youngster.

The first two incidents were molestations when she attended children’s parties aged 11 and 12 before she was raped by two men when she was 14 in the Elderveld neighbourhood of the city.

For years she never revealed the horrific abuse because it left her feeling ashamed, the 17-year-old said.

“I deliberated for quite a while whether or not I should share this, but decided to do it anyway,” she wrote. “Maybe this comes as a surprise to some, given my posts about hospitalisation, but my plan has been there for a long time and is not impulsive.

“I will get straight to the point: within a maximum of 10 days I will die. After years of battling and fighting, I am drained. I have quit eating and drinking for a while now, and after many discussions and evaluations, it was decided to let me go because my suffering is unbearable.”

“Out of fear and shame, I relive the fear, that pain every day. Always scared, always on my guard. And to this day my body still feels dirty.

“My house has been broken into, my body, that can never be undone. “

Noa spent her final hours saying goodbye to her heartbroken friends and family.

She asked them to “not convince me that this is not good, this is my decision and it is final.”

“Love is letting go, in this case,” she added.

She said her mother Lisette had “always been there for me” - however according to Dutch law, her mum did have a say in her daughter’s decision.

Last year, she revealed that been admitted to hospital in a critical condition after her anorexia had left her organs on the brink of failure.

Doctors placed her into a medically-induced coma to feed her through tubes.

Dutch minister Lisa Westerveld, who first made contact with Noa in December after her newspaper interview, visited the 17-year-old before she was euthanised.

She said: “It was nice to see her again. It is also very unreal. Noa was incredibly strong and very open. I will never forget her. We will continue her struggle. “

Children as young as 12 can opt for euthanasia in the Netherlands but only after a doctor determines that the patient’s pain is unbearable.

Euthanasia is also legal in some US states, Canada and Belgium.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/pa...2TToZtF3WLu4G0

I want a slice of the pie..... meaning I’ll drag her rapists ..
        I don’t f around NF me,,,,l, I’d shred him. GOd please deliver sardines to me.......spare innocent,,,, females.... children. Lambs... spare them....

Gimme a bite to put the fear of GOD in them.... let it be on TV fake book...

You are my God... You are my God... now I’m on my knees to you..... you are my GOD...... deal with me as you will.... if that puto crossed my path...........

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          Actually...again, I agree with you. My own particular stance on age is related to a different issue entirely. before I do so I do want to stress that when we get into generalities about age it is indeed true that people mature very differently and that some personalities are indeed more independent naturally than others. To add more to that, evolution conflicts with human sociological development as well: a woman can bare children when nature gives her the sign and in nature usually young animals should be birthing....so now that I have totally endorsed your point what could possibly be a large enough caveat to make me second guess this all?

Personalities and social norms are transitory indicators. Biological indicators are really not conducive to human development either...most evolved, educated people have kids later in life, past the biological age that nature indicates is the right time.

When the human brain is scanned and studied, including the decision making process, what was found and is now established neuroscience is: a human brain does not ethically mature to a point where we can make decisions as an adult until we are well past 25 approaching 30 years old. In other words before that age as we develop we are still compulsive, not capable of ethical maturity, and developing the tools we need to make informed decisions in a social nexus.

One can see the reasons for this. Fight or flight is a decision a child can make with a little common sense...But, when riding a car and hitting a parked car, for example, having the social conditioning to say "I know no one is watching but leaving my information is the right thing to do" takes years of consideration, empathy and brain development.

So imo when we see a 12 year old with the body and maturity of a 25 year old, a lot of the actual ethical reasons we should do the right thing are tied up with our social conditioning: A) we know that a younger person has less social status, hence we are taking advantage of them as an adult if we pursue an adult relationship. B) We also know that regardless of looks, this 12 year old is still developmentally a child! This person's brain has not learned how to yet process complex social and ethical decisions.

This girl is, biologically speaking, a woman who is fully capable of living in a social group of hunter gatherers, baring children, and knowing how to make decisions (run!!!! fight!!!!). This girl is socially speaking, not yet capable of making ethically mature decisions regarding life and death issues, characteristic of a modern human society that depends on brain development able to make complex moral decisions regarding life and death.
          I wish I could ...... shalom..... you knownme face to face..

We broke burritos together...

You somehow knew I’d be sad and mad to break bread alone..... thank you brother for crossing the bay bridge....

You know my face and name....I know yours too... your post above is beautiful and eloquent.....

Come.... Tokyo... Olympics. Jaded might join us..... shalom..

I won a lil coin on Ruiz jr.... I’m not rich..... if I got it.... I share it....

Shalom.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
            I stopped reading after

‘She attended a party at 11 and 12”

Crazy stupid world... The poor kid wasn't even 18 yo, in order to be treated as a " fully conscious adult"...

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
              I wish I could ...... shalom..... you knownme face to face..

We broke burritos together...

You somehow knew I’d be sad and mad to break bread alone..... thank you brother for crossing the bay bridge....

You know my face and name....I know yours too... your post above is beautiful and eloquent.....

Come.... Tokyo... Olympics. Jaded might join us..... shalo

I won a lil coin on Ruiz jr.... I’m not rich..... if I got it.... I share it....

Shalom.
              Shalom next burrito on me

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                Crazy stupid world... The poor kid wasn't even 18 yo, in order to be treated as a " fully conscious adult"...
                MD when I think of our discussions on Chinese thinking, (I wish there was time for more of these discussions!) and how seldom it is that individuals take an interest in such things... and when I think of the entire moral (that which is customery vis a vis Nietzche) and ethical universe that underwrites our experiences in this world, it makes me very sad to think that there are individuals who consider letting a kid act like this is progressive.

Kierkegaard wound up losing his faith when he was willing to honestly put it to the test...not a happy ending but one where he was invested. On this point he compared the loss of an arm to the loss of oneself... I would ask these individuals along these same lines: "What would you be willing to lose in deciding this outcome for others?" Would all the people involved let their own kids act according to these same thresholds? Somehow i doubt it. And the Kid's parents? we see how responsible they were given her experiences with predators.

These individuals must not be able to look in the mirror...For in accepting such a moral compromise, the slow loss of oneself, must require them to look away. I am sure they experience anxiety on a deep and troubling level.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                  I have a better idea....

castration for those rapist!

Unfortunately there is a whole community in parts of Northern Europe and England (particularly) that engages in systematic pedo activities. Many of these activities are hidden in estates and engaged in by the richest members of the community.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dutch-...n-can-continue

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lls-abuse.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Dutroux

Marc Dutroux is pretty much as close to pure evil as one can get... But there is an acceptability of these activities latent in the high society of this area... Another reason to be very suspicious of how they deal with a young girl's angst. I would not put it past these people to encourage her to commit suicide because she may have the goods on someone.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    I just got my sword back real sword it’s from gifu given ti me by my ex wife......I’ve been drawing my practice sword for years.

Before I beg you design my home.... beg....

I need a space fora 300 year old sword....

You’d love the patterns japanese well honed Japanese steel ...

I’ll never draw. It.... I just hope after I pass.. it’s treated with repetitive......I feel like .... I can only pray.... it’s respected and treasured....emphasis on treasured... luggage handler......I just want to ensure the sword gets respected... never drawn...

Comment

Euthanization should have been done to the rapists as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X