Teen Legally Euthanised After Rape

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I asked myself the same questions.

It never mentioned anyone being convicted (or even being prosecuted) for her claimed rapes and molestation.

You well could be correct, or, and its tough to even suggest this, the girl may have had mental illness and just made up some false claims.

Sadly, we know that does happen.
    I don't think so. Even if someone is born with a genetic predisposition to severe depression or emotional fragility, it still takes a traumatic event to trigger symptoms this severe. I believe she was raped.

Solemnly subjecting yourself to an assisted suicide clinic and leaving this world forever is a lot different than the behavior of say... "Mattress girl", a textbook liar/attention whore.

Despite the "social justice" rhetoric that rules western Europe, rape victims are treated like ghosts and the investigation/sentencing of rapists tends to be a pathetic joke. Gotta keep those prison numbers down & look good for the media.
    Last edited by ////; 06-04-2019, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      I still feel doctors have a responsibility to protect people from themselves. She was obviously suffering from severe PTSD, depression, and unresolved suffering from her rapes. It seems like it is too easy for doctors in some countries to just give up and allow patients to pull their own plug.
      Is it easy?

Idk the full process of how this works in the Netherlands, but I'd assume it is a process & its unlikely to be an easy one without some checks & balances along the way that weed out certain people for some extra help that could rid them of their feelings on ending their life.

And isn't there some responsibility for a society to allow people to have some agency over their own choices even ones as final as this one? To me this is a choice to live or not live that everyone should have.

To me it seems more irresponsible & problematic to make someone who wishes to die who isn't "crazy" live if they feel they are suffering/in pain & you know they are suffering/in pain & can't fix them.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
        It's just a regular western country. Not a whole lot of awful stuff but also nothing to get really excited about if you aren't a tourist in Amsterdam looking to smoke weed and f#k some hookers.
        Tulip fields, windmills, d.ikes/damns/canals, historical structures, castles, modern architecture, bicycling, bicycle infrastructure - Netherlands has a lot to see!...

Comment

Comment

the fact that she's so young bothers me in this case. also, is it ethical to euthanize crazy people? it doesn't sound like any kind of therapy or treatment was offered to her first

Comment

Girls getting raped and staying quiet is a very common thing. Very sad, they will only tell people they trust due to the shame they feel about it. Personally I have only ever met 2 girls who have told me they have been raped. It’s also common that it’s by someone they know, which is what makes them keep it inside. Sometimes it’s a father, big brother, uncle, good friend, etc, so it’s hard to “snitch” on them in their eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                In a small bit of happy news...

Alabama passes bill to chemically castrate those found guilty of sex crimes against children under age 13

https://www.wvtm13.com/article/alaba...-bill/27706868

Salvini pushes for similar measure in Italy

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...olent-rapists/

I would personally prefer physical castration as a penalty. What a great job that would be. The guy who cuts rapists dicks off and gets to stare directly into their eyes while doing it.
                Finally something we can agree on. I wouldn't wanna personally do the job like you, but if you're a ****ing child predator, you deserve to become a eunuch the old fashioned way.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  Doctor assisted suicide
                  Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                  basically like when a dog owner takes their dog to be put to sleep, but for humans

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Is it easy?

Idk the full process of how this works in the Netherlands, but I'd assume it is a process & its unlikely to be an easy one without some checks & balances along the way that weed out certain people for some extra help that could rid them of their feelings on ending their life.

And isn't there some responsibility for a society to allow people to have some agency over their own choices even ones as final as this one? To me this is a choice to live or not live that everyone should have.

To me it seems more irresponsible & problematic to make someone who wishes to die who isn't "crazy" live if they feel they are suffering/in pain & you know they are suffering/in pain & can't fix them.
                    Probably not "easy" in the sense that they were flippant about it, but when an industry knows they have this assisted suicide wildcard in their back pocket, I have to question what their incentives are to treat patients to the fullest of their ability. This argument was made for patients suffering from fatal diseases as well. If doctors know assisted suicide is an option, what is the incentive to pursue advanced treatment and seek cures to some of these diseases?

I do think that if someone is Stage 4 terminal and no chance for a recovery that they should be allowed to pull their own plug, but in the case of this young girl, I feel like there could have been more they could have done. It may have involved more suffering on the front end, but with her entire life ahead of her I feel as though something could have changed or some form of treatment could have helped.

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
                      pardon my PuertoRicanishih but wtf is Legally Enthanised?
                      Ju dont know? Ju kill yo self legally.

Comment

Working...
                      X