No announcement yet.

Wrestler dies in the ring, ref completely clueless

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    I wonder if he would still be alive if they had given him medical treatment during the, what seems like 5 minutes he was lying there with them yelling at him
    Timing is everything. Had he had a debrifilator or other help he could have been possibly been saved. It's just a tragic thing which happened and no one can be blamed.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
      The ref is probably an actor also and not a trained ref with some medical background, I dunno much about wrestling shows, but when your live it is hard to tell if they are acting there injuries, but this one was pretty obvious when he didnt move or comply with the pin

Condolences to his family and sad way to see him go

Referees follow the script and they know exactly how a match is played out from start to finish, so technically they are actors like the wrestlers.

But they are also professionals. Not medical professionals, but they are still responsible in stopping a match when things go south.

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      Arent people being a little tough on the ref? When that ref got up that morning, begged his wife for a quickie, had his Cuban style coffee and Panero he thought about how to be the best ref he could...considered many things for sure, but this outcome?

Refs are not medically trained, they are not people chosen for their insight, wisdom, or intellect. honestly when you get a massive heart attack in the middle of exerting oneself particularly, about the one thing that could save you might be the paddles with the shocker. Other than that you prolly don't want to be brought back.

One of Silver's fellow wrestlers said it best... 'He died fighting' which is what he liked to do.

When a guy who is basically in good shape has something like that happen, its not something that can be offset with quick medical thinking. Whatever caused that problem was major. if you think it through you will find that seldom do wrestlers who have collapsed in the ring, or at home, "make it." its not a regular heart attack from a sedentary individual who can be stabilized at the scene.

What might have been nice if there was a electroshock kit around and someone who could have advised about the condition of "Silver." But the ref and other wrestler are not responsible.

I see your point, and I'm not blaming the ref for Silver King having a heart attack and maybe there wasn't enough time to save him, but he is clearly clueless and had no business being a referee and this kind of negligence wouldn't fly in WWE.

I've seen a few WWE matches where the ref would put up an X symbol with his arms which is a sign that someone is legit injured (or knocked out) and couldn't continue, then a whole response team would rush the ring to help the wrestler and take him backstage as quickly as possible.

There have been legit injuries that weren't "scripted or faked," but the wrestlers were still able to finish the match, but when someone is unresponsive like in Silver King's case, it should have been stopped immediately. The ref even stopped the 3 count (0:35) because he knew that wasn't the scripted finish, therefore he should have known something was terribly wrong.

Things seem more sketchy outside of WWE and the referees aren't as well trained, as in this case.
      Last edited by Willy Wanker; 05-12-2019, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Curtis Curtis Curtis...
        It is not FAKE, it is Choreographed....
        Fake, Staged, Choreographed, Phony, Artificial......
        Even actors and stuntmen get hurt playing make believe.

Tom Cruise getting injured role playing a secret agent doesn't make him a secret agent.

Comment

Jesus.

How did he die ? RIP

But at the fake celebration. Very ****ing awkward.

Comment

Arent people being a little tough on the ref? When that ref got up that morning, begged his wife for a quickie, had his Cuban style coffee and Panero he thought about how to be the best ref he could...considered many things for sure, but this outcome?

Refs are not medically trained, they are not people chosen for their insight, wisdom, or intellect. honestly when you get a massive heart attack in the middle of exerting oneself particularly, about the one thing that could save you might be the paddles with the shocker. Other than that you prolly don't want to be brought back.

One of Silver's fellow wrestlers said it best... 'He died fighting' which is what he liked to do.

When a guy who is basically in good shape has something like that happen, its not something that can be offset with quick medical thinking. Whatever caused that problem was major. if you think it through you will find that seldom do wrestlers who have collapsed in the ring, or at home, "make it." its not a regular heart attack from a sedentary individual who can be stabilized at the scene.

What might have been nice if there was a electroshock kit around and someone who could have advised about the condition of "Silver." But the ref and other wrestler are not responsible.
            This event took place in London England, that ref is a Brit he ain't had no cafe n pandulce in the morning he had tea and crumpets that morning.

Which by the way I surmise to believe the language barrier is probably what killed Silver King, if he spoke English maybe the dumb ass ref would have been able to help bur since Silver King was prolly yelping in spanish it was 'part of the show" yet even still, it should have occured to the ref that something was seriously wrong after the match when Silver King was lying on the mat unresponsive smmfh

Comment

nothing surprising. clown athletes, won't have real referees in there.

rip bud

Comment

Messed up video surely the other man knew silver was in trouble when he couldn't roll him over he doesn't budge at one point. Which shows the choreographed nature of the sport as they usually roll without much effort from the guy trying to manoeuvre them. Ref should have spotted that.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                  Referees follow the script and they know exactly how a match is played out from start to finish, so technically they are actors like the wrestlers.

But they are also professionals. Not medical professionals, but they are still responsible in stopping a match when things go south.

I see your point, and I'm not blaming the ref for Silver King having a heart attack and maybe there wasn't enough time to save him, but he is clearly clueless and had no business being a referee and this kind of negligence wouldn't fly in WWE.

I've seen a few WWE matches where the ref would put up an X symbol with his arms which is a sign that someone is legit injured (or knocked out) and couldn't continue, then a whole response team would rush the ring to help the wrestler and take him backstage as quickly as possible.

There have been legit injuries that weren't "scripted or faked," but the wrestlers were still able to finish the match, but when someone is unresponsive like in Silver King's case, it should have been stopped immediately. The ref even stopped the 3 count (0:35) because he knew that wasn't the scripted finish, therefore he should have known something was terribly wrong.

Things seem more sketchy outside of WWE and the referees aren't as well trained, as in this case.
                  I certainly agree about the relative training of this ref.

People can do incredibly stupid things in an emergency I will never forget as a kid we used to go over the George Washington Bridge for a camp in Jersey and this place was a hot spot for accidents.

This cab driver hits this old dude, you see the blood streaming from the guy...cabbie gets out and picks the guy up in a modified barehug to move him to the curve...

The cabbie was trying to be responsible and help the guy but was plum dumb!

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                    This event took place in London England, that ref is a Brit he ain't had no cafe n pandulce in the morning he had tea and crumpets that morning.

Which by the way I surmise to believe the language barrier is probably what killed Silver King, if he spoke English maybe the dumb ass ref would have been able to help bur since Silver King was prolly yelping in spanish it was 'part of the show" yet even still, it should have occured to the ref that something was seriously wrong after the match when Silver King was lying on the mat unresponsive smmfh
                    I thought they brought the refs with them lol.

Thats a great hypothesis actually...

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                      Fake, Staged, Choreographed, Phony, Artificial......
                      Even actors and stuntmen get hurt playing make believe.

Tom Cruise getting injured role playing a secret agent doesn't make him a secret agent.
                      In the Wrestling world there is Wrasslin and Wrestling. And a Wrassler does set matches, I believe they do occasionally go at it hammer and tongs, etc. So that is not a good analogy.

The skill in the sport involves the choreography, the plot lines maintained, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X