No announcement yet.

Wrestler dies in the ring, ref completely clueless

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    If it we're a boxing ring, and the ref allowed a competitor to go on like that, completely unable to defend himself, what would we say?

(Yeah, but wrestling is fake, doe.)

All the more reason to hold him accountable. If boxing were scripted like that, and say he's supposed to drop in the 7th, what would we be saying if the 4th round when he goes down?

And you know, if you've seen wrestling, they typically don't lay dead like that until the finisher move. All the other time, theyre flopping around doing back flips and sheit when they get hit. When that man tried to get up and COLLAPSED, reality should have kicked in for the ref
    When something starts off as ''fake'' (scripted), the viewer has to assume everything that happens is scripted. Hell, even those involved have to assume everyone is literally on the same page.

If a guy goes off script, as in most movies, they see how it plays out. That is what I think happened here. Or maybe they were too shocked to respond normally (as people would have responded in boxing). Maybe both.

If I'm play wrasslin with a buddy and he starts flopping around, I'm thinking he's acting the fool.

In boxing, no one knows what to expect. If a guy is being pummeled on the ropes, ref knows no miracle is likely to save that dude.

In wrasslin, a scene can have the hero being bashed on the ropes (think of a Rocky movie), only to recover and turn the tables (to the audiences delight). In an unscripted sport, the ref wouldn't have let the hero re-cooperate. Heck, the hero would probably be sleeping on the ropes.

Regardless....RIP to the dude.

Comment

Working...
    X