No announcement yet.

Racial purity is “scientifically meaningless," say 8,000 geneticists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rudyo View Post
    Yep AlexKid, real mature..... So you know, you can just see yourself out of this discussion, since it doesn't involve you. Thanks..... real great insult there with the View btw, feel so triggered and burned RN. Btw once again just like your buddy, you injected emotion into your post right there with that comment while trying to act like you guys are above it all and having some kind of Ted Talk in here with your echo chamber.
    I’ve literally posted one comment to you and you felt the need to write all that. You need a cooling off period.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
      I’ve literally posted one comment to you and you felt the need to write all that. You need a cooling off period.
      You act like it's not really easy to type up a few sentences.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyo View Post
        Good to know that you're going through all that effort to get new arguments in order to be racist on here....

Race is "real" but racial purity at this point even in the most ****geneous nations is a myth now. The cat is out of the bag by this point in almost every nation in the world.

Never disappointed, even admitted he's like intensively using google translate to find more sources to support his race baiting
        Race isn’t real. It’s a social construct. Made up by us humans to classify each other. Skin color has about the same genetic difference as a person be short or tall. It’s just a trait like any other.

Humans share 98 % of their genetic material with chimpanzees. We can almost have kids with them. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

We came from monkeys. Africans/blacks were the the first humans. Everyone else are just Africans with different traits adapted to succeed in their particular environments.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
          Race isn’t real. It’s a social construct. Made up by us humans to classify each other. Skin color has about the same genetic difference as a person be short or tall. It’s just a trait like any other.

Humans share 98 % of their genetic material with chimpanzees. We can almost have kids with them. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

We came from monkeys. Africans/blacks were the the first humans. Everyone else are just Africans with different traits adapted to succeed in their particular environments.
          Race cannot be purely a social construct though, can it? There must be some biological basis for these classifications. And even if 'race' is a social construct, that doesn't imply that the term is not useful. The point is not whether it hurts our feelings, but whether there is some truth to racial classifications. Case in point, I don't see how we can, on the one hand, say that dog breeds can be more or less of a pedigree, whilst on the other hand, say that 'racial pedigree' (for want of a better term) is out of the question.

Seeing as this is a boxing forum, after all, you might be interested in this interview by Muhammad Ali, where he talks about how, "Birds of a feather flock together". You've probably seen it before, I guess. Ali speaks to the idea that yes, there are cultural and social differences attached to race (and maybe these differences are even constitutive of race itself to some extent), and we should be proud of these differences; there is nothing wrong with that.

As //// has alluded to, there have been many unreflective arguments made by the scientific Establishment on this issue before now. For example, the UNESCO statements on race, made in the post-WWII period, were extremely politically-driven.

Comment

Originally posted by GAME OVER View Post
            Racial purity is “scientifically meaningless," say 8,000 geneticists

American geneticists take a stand against the misuse of their science by racists.

(...)

https://bigthink.com/politics-curren...UXpxoOqSUY7yfY

I have to thank you for posting this...

It helped me to go and review some recent research on (cultural) anthropology...

(people usually neglect the role of human cultural evolution in connection with the genetic evolution...)

Comment

Ask the scientist about race and IQ and watch the liberals get triggered.

Comment

I'm a fan of facts, and truth. Reality is my religion.

I'm also aware that some people pursue facts which they think will confirm their worldviews. What we choose to scrutinise can be extremely revealing to those who choose to scrutinise us.

Race is real. Geneticists have shown that some of our old classifications of race are incomplete, or wrong, but have not demonstrated that race doesn't exist. Quite the opposite.

One thing I find surprising is how people will not even entertain the concept that there are mental differences between the races. We can accept that there are physical differences. Perhaps because it is too hard to deny them. In fact we can accept that there are differences which affect pretty much every organ in the body except - magically - the brain.

So a population can differ on the structure of their skin, their hair, their bones, their muscles, their organs - but there isn't a single physical structure of the brain which could be different? A larger hippocampus? A more active amygdala? A thicker corpus callosum? That stretches credulity a tad too far.

It isn't difficult to see what the truth here is, when it just comes down to biological facts. Just as it isn't difficult to see how this truth will be, and has been, abused.

I don't think that lying about race is the solution to racism. Lies are a terrible foundation to build anything on. I guess I can understand why some people resort to deception - I just think it is counterproductive.

Comment

Black people have bigger dicks.
                  Asian people have higher i.q's those are facts.

Comment

- -As to brain differences, when I worked nights at the State Hospital(asylum) to put myself thru school, we had a day of orientation before we could start bolstered by other assorted training programs like emergency or restraining techniques, we were given a tour of the magnificent mid 19th original building now used as staff headquarters.

The had a collection of about 200 or so brains preserved in one gallon glass jars of patients who had died then. Keep in mind that when the collection started phrenology was still in play.

Some were as smooth as cue balls with assorted variants of different colors and folds plus all shapes and sizes.

Given in my era on my Ward working with adolescents, they could be committed by their parents or independently by, but always thru a judge.

Most just had behavioral issues that had at least temporary solutions for their release. They were approximately all represented by the racial demographics of the day. Many were or would be today diagnosed as autistic but most fell into a somewhat normal category. There were various fetishes such as swords or martial arts, others seemingly drugged on an ill advised night out and a couple of kid murderers.

There were no racial or other classifications of the brains other than a few diagnosis with interesting stories.

Sadly that historical collection was mismanaged perhaps by design so as to be almost nonexistent.

When I took physiology, the perfesser would highlight racial differences to add interest and intrigue to an otherwise sleep inducing subject. He didn't make this stuff up.

The three major races could easily be broken into a myriad of sub races that makes more sense than denying race doesn't exist.

And to be clear, we all have or should have equal rights to justice and happiness, but human nature is seldom so idealistic that is the reason for the ongoing mess of today.

Comment

We can tell someone's "race" just by their DNA or looking at their bones. In Anthropology there are group classifications such as Mongoloid, Caucasoid, etc. We also know that certain "races" are more prone to certain diseases like cystic fibrosis, Tay-Sachs disease, Sickle Cell Anemia, etc.

Within Academia the physical differences between populations or groups of humans is known and is accepted because of adaptations and diet within their respective environments, but yet when you start talking about the mental and intellectual side of certain groups of people, well that's just a taboo subject. It's as if evolution and adaptation only happened to populations of humans from the neck down only. For other species, you can even talk and debate their physical and mental side within academia, but for populations of humans this is a hard no.

Comment

Working...
                      X