No announcement yet.

The Soviet Union Was 90% The Reason Hitler Lost the War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ukbox View Post
    The world would be a different place if it wasn't for Russian troops fighting against Hitler. Fact

It's also a fact that the west has treated the Russians with disdain compared to the allied us & uk forces

The same happened with the poles. The country is still in ruins from the war yet money is spent elsewhere in Europe
    Of course soviets (not russia) were treated with disdain

They were only allies of convenience

Plus big difference between what happened with the countries liberated by usa/UK and those by ussr.

Notice any difference between 1945-1991 france, belgium, netherlands, denmark, West Germany vs Poland, hungary, czechoslovakia, East Germany?

I don't even know what point you're trying to make about Poland.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
      I am a WWII buff, love history in general, but there is nothing like WWII, perhaps its the horror of it that attracts many, or the fact that a war of that size has never been waged in recorded history.
      Regardless, take a look at how many Soviets sacrificed their lives to stop Hitler vs the rest of Europe.

If you take all the combined Allied losses they still wouldn't be half of what Soviet Union lost in terms of man power.
      Dude your history.....

Hitler lost the war the second it decided to fight a war on two fronts. The united states entry into the war sealed Germany’s fate.

Hitlers mental issue is the primary reason they lost. He was out his mind, made crazy decisions. Many historians state that a dose of Prozac would have immediately ended the war.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
        I agree, if you changed the thread title to "Invading Russia was the reason Hitler lost WWII". Nazi Germany and Soviet Union had a non-aggression pact between themselves. Had Hitler not invaded, and kept his forces in the West to face the inevitable Allied invasion, history would be very different.

No argument that, next to Poland, the Soviet Union suffered incredibly during WWII. Poland may have had a worse time because Hitler intended to exterminate the entire population. Percentage wise, Poland may be on top of your list.
        Excellent post. I concur. Greent.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          Soviets did their part.

But still **** them.

1. They made a deal with Hitler and worked with Nazis to invade poland.

2. Some in eastern Europe was no better off under soviets than under hitler. Hell some were better off under hitler.

Yes they suffered incredibly but blame stalins dumb ass. Hell stalin killed millions of soviets and eastern euros too.
          Word. Stalin was just as maniacal as hitler. He needed Prozac as well. TO. Soviets lost so many because they were behind the 8 ball in terms of weaponry. It was archaic. I’ve understand that they sent entire villiagesn and towns towards the Germans without any weapons at all. Literally sticks and stones.

But for the western front, Putin would be speaking German.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
            Dude your history.....

Hitler lost the war the second it decided to fight a war on two fronts. The united states entry into the war sealed Germany’s fate.

Hitlers mental issue is the primary reason they lost. He was out his mind, made crazy decisions. Many historians state that a dose of Prozac would have immediately ended the war.
            USA entry into the war did not seal Hitlers fate at all, there was no two front war, as Hitler pretty conquered all of Western Europe save Britain, who were not posing any offensive threat. Hitler lost the war when winter set in the Soviet Union.

Comment

Word. Stalin was just as maniacal as hitler. He needed Prozac as well. TO. Soviets lost so many because they were behind the 8 ball in terms of weaponry. It was archaic. I’ve understand that they sent entire villiagesn and towns towards the Germans without any weapons at all. Literally sticks and stones.

He DOES speak German. He was sent by the KBG to East Germany and is fluent in German.

It's true some of the Soviets were happy to see the Germans in their lands. The Croats in particular were pro German. That's part of the season they and the Serbs have been at each other's throats. Same with the Baltic states, they saw the Germans as liberators....doesn't mean they were pro Nazi. The enemy of my enemy etc.

Comment

I agree, if you changed the thread title to "Invading Russia was the reason Hitler lost WWII". Nazi Germany and Soviet Union had a non-aggression pact between themselves. Had Hitler not invaded, and kept his forces in the West to face the inevitable Allied invasion, history would be very different.

No argument that, next to Poland, the Soviet Union suffered incredibly during WWII. Poland may have had a worse time because Hitler intended to exterminate the entire population. Percentage wise, Poland may be on top of your list.
                What? Hitler had conquered Poland and that’s why he was able to exterminate so much percentage of the population. But Hitler despised all slavs, and had he conquered Russia, his plan was to exterminate most, if not all Russians to expand Germany’s empire, known as the Lebensraum.

Comment

He DOES speak German. He was sent by the KBG to East Germany and is fluent in German.

It's true some of the Soviets were happy to see the Germans in their lands. The Croats in particular were pro German. That's part of the season they and the Serbs have been at each other's throats. Same with the Baltic states, they saw the Germans as liberators....doesn't mean they were pro Nazi. The enemy of my enemy etc.
                  Thanks for the info on putin and speaking German.

But I think yiu knew what I meant. If not I meant the he would have spoken it involuntarily along with the rest of his people.

Comment

You two clowns don’t know fuck all about the history of WW2.
                    Soviets did their part? If it wasn’t for the Western front?

Are you kidding me? By the time D-Day took place, the Soviets already had Germany on the retreat and were owning them.

The only reason the USA and British did what they did is so that ALL of Europe wouldn’t have fallen under Soviet rule.

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    Soviets did their part.

But still **** them.

1. They made a deal with Hitler and worked with Nazis to invade poland.

2. Some in eastern Europe was no better off under soviets than under hitler. Hell some were better off under hitler.

Yes they suffered incredibly but blame stalins dumb ass. Hell stalin killed millions of soviets and eastern euros too.

Comment

Thanks for the info on putin and speaking German.

But I think yiu knew what I meant. If not I meant the he would have spoken it involuntarily along with the rest of his people.
                      If Charles Lindbergh had had his way we in the US would be speaking German (and Spanish) as well. And certainly without Churchill at the helm in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                      X