No announcement yet.

The Soviet Union Was 90% The Reason Hitler Lost the War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Soviet Union Was 90% The Reason Hitler Lost the War

I am a WWII buff, love history in general, but there is nothing like WWII, perhaps its the horror of it that attracts many, or the fact that a war of that size has never been waged in recorded history.
    Regardless, take a look at how many Soviets sacrificed their lives to stop Hitler vs the rest of Europe.

If you take all the combined Allied losses they still wouldn't be half of what Soviet Union lost in terms of man power.

As a German soldier, being sent to the Eastern front was a death sentence.

Comment

Agreed.....

Comment

I agree, if you changed the thread title to "Invading Russia was the reason Hitler lost WWII". Nazi Germany and Soviet Union had a non-aggression pact between themselves. Had Hitler not invaded, and kept his forces in the West to face the inevitable Allied invasion, history would be very different.

No argument that, next to Poland, the Soviet Union suffered incredibly during WWII. Poland may have had a worse time because Hitler intended to exterminate the entire population. Percentage wise, Poland may be on top of your list.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
          I agree, if you changed the thread title to "Invading Russia was the reason Hitler lost WWII". Nazi Germany and Soviet Union had a non-aggression pact between themselves. Had Hitler not invaded, and kept his forces in the West to face the inevitable Allied invasion, history would be very different.

No argument that, next to Poland, the Soviet Union suffered incredibly during WWII. Poland may have had a worse time because Hitler intended to exterminate the entire population. Percentage wise, Poland may be on top of your list.
          Hitler knew what he was doing when he signed the non-aggression pact with Stalin. Hitler had a huge army, extremely well equipped, and they had all the tanks, trucks and and planes they needed.

The USSR military was in a transitional modernization period, so to speak, and they were going from old to new weaponry. That’s why when Germany attacked the USSR, soldiers had only a weapon per two and sometimes even three soldiers.

The Blietzkrieg was a hell of a plan because the Wehrmacht was so well equipped and was so huge that taking all of Europe was peanuts until he decided to set foot in Russia.

Even then, had Hitler presented himself as a liberator from Stalin to the Soviet people, he might have won. Instead when the germans came in, they started killing the civilian population and that’s what woke up the patriotic motherland morale in the USSR.

Comment

This is really sad to see so many people were killed. Hope this is never repeated.

Comment

WWII is my favorite event in history to study. It's not even 100 years ago and it still seems insane to me how much death and destruction there was in that short amount of time. WWII in color on Netflix is the shit.

Band Of Brothers is a great show that follows Easy Company on the western front.......if there was ever a show like that about Stalingrad it would probably way to bloody and gory for TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Panopticon View Post
                WWII is my favorite event in history to study. It's not even 100 years ago and it still seems insane to me how much death and destruction there was in that short amount of time. WWII in color on Netflix is the shit.

Band Of Brothers is a great show that follows Easy Company on the western front.......if there was ever a show like that about Stalingrad it would probably way to bloody and gory for TV.
                When you have Game of Thrones, Walking Dead and Kaitlin Jenner appear on TV, I don't think a show about Stalingrad could have worse gore, just on a bigger scale.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                  I am a WWII buff, love history in general, but there is nothing like WWII, perhaps its the horror of it that attracts many, or the fact that a war of that size has never been waged in recorded history.
                  Regardless, take a look at how many Soviets sacrificed their lives to stop Hitler vs the rest of Europe.

If you take all the combined Allied losses they still wouldn't be half of what Soviet Union lost in terms of man power.
                  Not really (title of thread) Hitler made many vital mistakes.. Invading Russia was one of them.. Then tactical errors during the invasion slowed the German army down and had them fight in one of the worse Russian winters ever.. Lacking supplies

Declaring War on the US was another huge blunder

His generals not crushing most of the British/French army at Dunkirk was another huge mistake (by his generals but he could have overruled them)
                  Last edited by MOTHERDUCKER; 08-07-2018, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                    Not really (title of thread) Hitler made many vital mistakes.. Invading Russia was one of them.. Then tactical errors during the invasion slowed the German army down and had them fight in one of the worse Russian winters ever.. Lacking supplies

Declaring War on the US was another huge blunder

His generals not crushing most of the British/French army at Dunkirk was another huge mistake (by his generals but he could have overruled them)
                    Hitler could've made a million more mistakes and still as$ raped Western Europe and repelled USA forces if he had not engaged in a war with the Soviet Union.

Comment

Working...
                    X