The Soviet Union Was 90% The Reason Hitler Lost the War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK

Real news

Nazi Germany & the Japanese overstretched themselves by attacking Russia and Australia

They simply didn’t have the resources to do so while fighting on other fronts and were buried in each case

The war with Russia was one of attrition but the Japanese were driven back a lot more quickly

Comment

Originally posted by Panopticon View Post
      WWII is my favorite event in history to study. It's not even 100 years ago and it still seems insane to me how much death and destruction there was in that short amount of time. WWII in color on Netflix is the shit.

Band Of Brothers is a great show that follows Easy Company on the western front.......if there was ever a show like that about Stalingrad it would probably way to bloody and gory for TV.
      Would highly recommend 'the world at war' it's pretty old and has Laurence Oliver Narrating, i got the whole series free with something i think, like 37 disks, long af but well worth it

Band of Brothers is one of my favorite series after the Wire/Sopranos....i was so hyped for 'the pacific' which unfortunately turned out to be total crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
        This is really sad to see so many people were killed. Hope this is never repeated.
        Even the people that weren't killed, are all mostly dead now lol.

And if they're aren't all dead, in a couple decades, they all will be.

Take that depressing ass dose of truth.

Comment

Hitler was a ***** compared to Stalin.

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
            Hitler was a ***** compared to Stalin.
            Hitler was a genius compared to stalin

All of hitlers mistakes during ww2, multiply that and you have have stalins follies

Both of those two interference in military matters cost millions of their own soldiers lives

At least sometimes hitlers ideas worked

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              Hitler was a genius compared to stalin

All of hitlers mistakes during ww2, multiply that and you have have stalins follies

Both of those two interference in military matters cost millions of their own soldiers lives

At least sometimes hitlers ideas worked
              Post WW2 is when Poppa Joe & Chairman Mao really got busy killing their own people! Two real stone cold killers..

Comment

Originally posted by Ogecca MaMa View Post
                interesting to know: such as?

wonder if thats one of the reasons, Germany still occupied by US. Americans just keep it peace in Germany, over them russians and muslims.
                Basically just unfettered raping and pillaging of the civillian populations. Especially Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Panopticon View Post
                  WWII is my favorite event in history to study. It's not even 100 years ago and it still seems insane to me how much death and destruction there was in that short amount of time. WWII in color on Netflix is the shit.

Band Of Brothers is a great show that follows Easy Company on the western front.......if there was ever a show like that about Stalingrad it would probably way to bloody and gory for TV.
                  Mine too.. the putative nature of the treaty of Versailles guaranteed there would be war again..

One interesting thing is how Japan was already at war in Manchuria and joined Hitler to have support in case Russia or the US wanted to but into that incident..

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                    I am a WWII buff, love history in general, but there is nothing like WWII, perhaps its the horror of it that attracts many, or the fact that a war of that size has never been waged in recorded history.
                    Regardless, take a look at how many Soviets sacrificed their lives to stop Hitler vs the rest of Europe.

If you take all the combined Allied losses they still wouldn't be half of what Soviet Union lost in terms of man power.
                    And look how the west thanks them..

Comment

Imagine being that guy on the winning Call of Duty team with a 1:20 kill/death ratio and thinking you were the best player

Comment

Working...
                      X