Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Are People In The U.S. Are Against Universal Healthcare?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lords View Post
    If we switched to single payer system we'd actually be saving money.
    You can increase med and nurse school acceptance rates by a percentage to get more people in and trained. However, not having enough doctors or nurses shouldn't be a factor in determining free healthcare, you know how stupid that sounds?
    OMG sure it shouldn't but is it the truth or not? So you have all these people with free healthcare and they can't get treatment.
    It's just a fact. The people will ***** that there's not enough doctors and the government screwed us again!
    I can hear it now. Like I said and I keep repeating myself, how's the VA working out? How's the post office working out? How's FEMA working out? Anything with government is garbage or there's tons of waste.
    Ok I'm done you guys keep wishing and we'll see how it goes.
    I really hope someday you guys get a Bernie so you can see how well it all works.
    But I'm sure some how it will get flipped around and blamed on the republicans.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
      Why do people from Canada come to the US for treatment?

Comment

America as a whole has a population that is too stubborn to improve things.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
          LOL this has been going on for years it has zero to do with immigration.

Cost isn't the issue. They will have high paying jobs straight away. Even if that were the issue, we need them like yesterday. Your proposing free healthcare asap right?
          School takes years.
          So if we are already short what do you think would happen if we had free healthcare?
          It doesn’t have zero to do with immigration. You need to cover the shortfall. You can’t do it immediately via training, as you rightly point out. So how do you do it? Same way you cover any shortfall of resources. Import it.

Comment

It's one thing I never understand about America. I come from Australia and have never paid a cent for an essential medical treatment in my life.

I think the situation where someone cannot afford a medical treatment they need is an absolute disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReadyTimeBoy View Post
              It's one thing I never understand about America. I come from Australia and have never paid a cent for an essential medical treatment in my life.

I think the situation where someone cannot afford a medical treatment they need is an absolute disgrace.
              Scandinavia has free healthcare but yet we have people here in the US who think we shouldn't or can't, its pretty pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
                Scandinavia has free healthcare but yet we have people here in the US who think we shouldn't or can't, its pretty pathetic.
                It's because people value their personal feelings of satisfaction from associating with a political ideology more than they value the lives of other people.

The feeling they get from associating with, and being cheerleaders for, a group of scumbag politicians matters more than the lives of their fellow Americans.

The funny thing is that many of them view themselves as patriots, whilst being nothing but traitors.

Comment

About 25K Canadians come to America each year for treatment and surgeries. Wait lists are long in Canada and Europe. Europeans and Australians pay higher tax rates. Places like Australias don't have the immigration burden of the U.S. and not nearly as many people leeching off the system. Apples and oranges.

I guess I'm selfish and cold hearted because I don't want to pay more in taxes and premiums for someone else's free ride. Only to be told a lie that I can keep my doctor, when clearly I cannot.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

I guess I'm selfish and cold hearted because I don't want to pay more in taxes and premiums for someone else's free ride. Only to be told a lie that I can keep my doctor, when clearly I cannot.
                    Everyone here has said it thousands of times that are against a nationalized healthcare system, it's much easier for a h-omogeneous and smaller population to have that kind of system than the US. Furthermore, when Obama was rolling out his healthcare system he was using the CBO as a definitive source that costs will go down and billions would be saved. That was false along with keeping your plan and doctor.

And like it or not, a lot of people are against nationalized healthcare because the ones that will be paying for it mostly will be certain groups just like the welfare, while other groups are not paying for their fair share and takes more than they put into the system.

Comment

• Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                      just thought I see some arguments against it.
                      I figure its because no one wants to pay for other people's health care.

Universal health care brings in high tax rates across the board. I believe Denmark and the scandinavian countries are at some 26% tax.

If people as a whole or majority were willing to bear the tax then universal health care would be possible.

The issue is, Americans don't want the money they worked for, to help people who don't work or leech off of welfare, to get the benefit of free health care.

Comment

Working...
                      X